Greatest Movie Fightscene?

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have to say one of my favorites is from the movie The Transporter(the frist one). The whole bus depot fight scene was really well done.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
For humor, there are any number of fight scenes in Kung Fu Hustle

Hey now, not JUST humor: there was some NICE gong fu going on in that movie.

And I really like the wire work: for the most part, the wire work looks like it MIGHT be "possible" if someone was extraordinarily strong, kind of like the Neo/Morpheus fight in the first Matrix. (Speaking of Matrix -- I liked the fight in the second Matrix movie with the guy who takes him to see the Oracle).

That is my one beef with Jet Li — he is awesome until he uses a wire trick, then he looks like a guy suspended from a wire, know what I mean? Like changing directions in mid air — not just improbable, physics-wise, but IMPOSSIBLE other than hanging by a wire.

Lorenzo Lamas had some good fight scenes in his "Renegade" show.

I love the scene in "Last Samurai" when that guy beats the crap out of Tom Cruise with the bokken. Love it. Probably makes my top 10.

I agree with the person who mentioned "The Transporter" (the first one.. the second one just got silly).

"Bulletproof Monk" has a couple good fights.

BTW: great thread. I used to have a VCR tape that I collected all the best fight scenes on. All fights. A great tape :)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh yea - almost forgot.

Howabout that scene from the Presidio where Sean Connory kicks that guy's butt using only his left thumb? (The guy was too much of a wimp for Sean to use his right thumb ;))

By the way... that works :)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh yea: those Rhee brothers are great. Awesome stuff.

oddball

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Oldboy - Where Oh Dae Soo charges the hallway of people.
Beat Takeshi (Or the more recent Zatoichi)
SPL (Saat Po Long?) Sammo Hung vs. Donnie Yen made this really amazing.
Musa/The Warrior - When the Koreans are hunting the Mongolians in the forest that had been chasing them.
Election 1 - The very short machete fight between Jet (Donnie again) and Triad members.
Ichi the Killer Episode 0 - When Ichi finally starts kicking people.
Thirteenth Warrior - Several Memorable scenes from this.
Kingdom of Heaven - Several Memorable scenes.
These are the ones off the top of my head that I liked that hadn't been mentioned yet.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Two of my favorite fightscenes was from anime movie called "Ninja Scroll."

The first was Kibagami Jubei fighting the blind samaurai in the bamboo forest. Probably one of the best sword to sword battles I've seen, animated or not.

The second was when our hero fights the bad guy at the end (Himuro Gemma). Our hero takes what was easily one of the worst beatings from the bad guy in film history.

Yes, the movie is starting to be considered "old" by today's standards (1994 or 1995 release), but it's still a darn good one, and the dubbing was actually fairly accurate.

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
After watching SPL I have to add the fight between Donnie Yen and Samo Hung. For a hefty guy damn Samo can move

Naha

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the first fight scene in Unleashed. pure violence.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Two of my favorite fightscenes was from anime movie called "Ninja Scroll."

The first was Kibagami Jubei fighting the blind samaurai in the bamboo forest. Probably one of the best sword to sword battles I've seen, animated or not.

The second was when our hero fights the bad guy at the end (Himuro Gemma). Our hero takes what was easily one of the worst beatings from the bad guy in film history.

Yes, the movie is starting to be considered "old" by today's standards (1994 or 1995 release), but it's still a darn good one, and the dubbing was actually fairly accurate.

I thought Tessai catching up to Jubei was entertaining. Tessai smashes him into a wall. Jubei's response is "Oh hi."

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think the fight between Danny and the guy in white was one of the best parts of Unleashed

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Has anybody mentioned the fighting COW scene in Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist?

Attachments

• $KUNG COW 1.jpg
    $KUNG COW 1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 168
  • $KUNG COW 3.jpg
    $KUNG COW 3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 165
  • $KUNG COW 2.jpg
    $KUNG COW 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 155
  • $KUNG COW.jpg
    $KUNG COW.jpg