Greatest Movie Fightscene?

D

DireWolf

(1) Chen Zhen (Jet Li) vs Fumio Funakoshi in Fist of Legend. Absolutely awesome.
(2) Bruce Lee vs Bob Wall in Enter the Dragon.
(3) Jackie Chan vs Benny the Jet in Wheels on Meals
(4) The pole fight scene in Jet Li's Once upon a time in China II
(5) The blindfolded sword fight in Fong Sai Yuk 2.

There are soooo many more, but I'll keep it to five.

T

theneuhauser

dire wolf, what about bruce lee vs chuck norris in return of dragon?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theneuhauser

dire wolf, what about bruce lee vs chuck norris in return of dragon?

Yah, that is deffinatly one of the best. Anyone seen Brotherhood of the wolf, has some pretty good scenes in it as well! You have to speak french or like subtitles though. Great movie though, one to check out if you haven't.

7sm

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Pages and Pages of great fight scenes and nobody mentioned the greatest of them all..........

The Muppet Movie...where Miss Piggy Karate Chops people left and right (he he he)

Thanks.
Jeremy Bays

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Samurai

Pages and Pages of great fight scenes and nobody mentioned the greatest of them all..........

The Muppet Movie...where Miss Piggy Karate Chops people left and right (he he he)

Thanks.
Jeremy Bays

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

S

sammy3170

One of my favorites is Jackie Chan against the 3 guys with swords at the end of Fearless Hyena. The fight(if you could call it that) with his uncle is also brilliant where he is trying to eat the chicken using chopsticks but his uncle won't let him.

Cheers
Sammy

K

Kroy

Originally posted by Battousai
No no you guys you have it all wrong... :D

The greatest fight scenes are Jet Li's in Fist of Legend.

I totally agree, the fight scene when he walked into the Japanese dojo was crazy.:boxing:

Z

zen_hydra

One of my favorites (for the sheer brutality) is the final cliff top fight in the 1992 version of The Last of the Mohicans. You get to see Chingachgook (Russell Means) just completely destroy Magua (Wes Studi), his sons killer.

On a different note, one thing that always bothered my about most of the cheesy Hollywood martial arts flicks that got pumped out in the 1990's, is that you saw a lot of "highly trained" martial artists just trading punches and kicks to the head. My disbelief will only suspend so far. What idiot fight choreographer thought that blocking looked bad on film?
:soapbox:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by zen_hydra

On a different note, one thing that always bothered my about most of the cheesy Hollywood martial arts flicks that got pumped out in the 1990's, is that you saw a lot of "highly trained" martial artists just trading punches and kicks to the head. My disbelief will only suspend so far. What idiot fight choreographer thought that blocking looked bad on film?
:soapbox:
Worked for Rocky... (Still sickening to watch even in Rocky though.)

K

khadaji

There are to many scenes to pic from its real hard to descide.

I realy like the final fight between Jacki Chan and the Engish lord in Shanghi Knights.

K

Kope

Recently, I liked the fight scenes in "The Hunted," they reallyl made you remember that a fight is hard work!

Beyond that, there are just so many good ones. Jet Li and Jackie Chan stand out in my mind as having had some great ones. The scenes from Seven Samurai where good - or really from any of Kurosawa's samurai films - showed grace and skill in a way that's rarely captured anymore without resorting to wire work which makes it look artificial.

Too many to single out any one ...

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, there are a lot of great ones, but two immediately come to my mind:

1) The last fight scene between the women in "Crouching Tiger" --how many movies have fight scenes between women, and how many show women who ACTUALLY look like they can fight?!!

2) The last fight scene in "Shanghai Knights" bet. Jackie Chan & Donnie Yen (It was so good, I wanted to see more!)
:D

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh--I forgot to add the scene in "Kung Pow" where the chosen one fights the cow!
:rofl:

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Nick Cage fighting John Goodman in the trailer in Raising Arizona.

K

KenpoDragon

Originally posted by Kenpo Wolf
1. Mission of Justice; Jeff Wincot vs a whole room full of men, armed with sticks, and kicks major butt
Loved that one too, that's my favorite "stick" fighting scene, The Gauntlet.

2. Perfect Weapon; Jeff Speakman vs the three tkd stylists as mentioned before. Too bad the last fight scene with the big guy, I cant remember his name at this time, sucked
His name is Professor Toru Tanaka

3. Best of the Best 2; I cant single out which fight scene I like best as I loved nearly all of them. We need to see Philipp Rhee in more movies, dont we?
Got to agree again, bad @$$ movie.

4. Street Knight; Jeff Speakman vs big crooked cop in a warehouse. Cool use of thundering wrenches
Did you catch Leaping Crane in that scene,with the "optional" choke hold? Favorite line from that movie,"Think about it, your not that big."

5. Deadly Bet; Jeff Wincot vs a gang in a alley after losing his all he had in a a wager. Although the movie was lame, the fight scenes were excellent in my opinion
Jeff Wincott is a bad dude, I love his movies, even though the plots usually suck.

:asian:

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
A few really great fight scenes stick in my mind...

1) Toy Story. Buzz and Woody wrestling under the car... Buzz's head makes that squeaking noise every time he's punched!

2) Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail ... the Black Knight!

3) Blade II ... close combat with stun batons!

4) Fellowship of the Rings .. great display on using a longbow in close combat!

C

Chuck

OK, it's not really the "best" fight scene, but one of my favorites is the hilltop brawl in "McClintock". I enjoy that one every time we watch the movie.

Latest Discussions