Give us the rundown of Prof. Conatser's Seminar!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I drove down with Dot. Nice ride and we made the trip in 8.5 hours with stops and constuction, when Map quest says it would be 8.5 hours of driving. :)

The trip back went about half an hour faster. ;) The little bird had its' wings out.

As mentioned above by Dot, we were meet by some students and Pete aka StickDummy. He is a real nice guy and really funt to talk to. This I think was the biggest disappointment I had. Pete had a dislocated shoulder and was unable to train in stick work, yet was dressed and helping out Friday night and at the seminar. Personally I think he suffers from the same thing I do, too many stick shots to the head ;). Get well soon Pete!

I met lots of the students of Mike and Tess, very nice and friendly and supportve. Jenn offered to pick up my tab at the waffle house until DC picked up the bills. He does not know what this means, it means I am in his debt. He bought me food :D. Adam learned why DC came out to see Mike and his students, Chad learned the benefits of Tape and training knife attacks to the chest. ;) :D I also learned about Tim O'Reily :D. Adam did have a light bulb go off while Pete and I were discussing a sensitivity drill. :D :idea:

I also was able to meet Erin and she even smiled before the end of the weekend :).

I enjoyed the knowledge and teasing capability of DC with the students and myself. He does a good job to put people at ease so they can learn :).

I enjoyed the weekend hanging out and working with some of the students and just enjoying the hospitality of Mike and Tess.

I also enjoyed the mini quiz on Saturday night after the seminar by DC of Rusty. Everyone was tired and yet the joy of Kenpo and training in martial arts them both going. I personally liked the mumble test DC put Rusty through. It was fun to watch, and to enjoy the learning process, and to see those who had studied their homework.

I know I forgot some names and people it was not personal.

Thank You everyone I enjoyed the trip and the event.

:asian:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Sounds Awesome ... as usual whenever DC shares his knowledge.

-Michael

And well thought out and sincere compliments that fit the person and their current skill level. :) :asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, now that I have had time to reflect on yet another wonderful trip to WV, I have to comment an say a big "Thank You" to Mike & Tess for their hospitality towards our guests. It is very important to me for my students to maintain the pedegree that I bring to the IKKO (Mr. Parker, Mr. LaBounty, Mr. Coots) to extend this kind of treatment towards our guests, as well as to teach and train our Art of Kenpo physically and intellectually to a high degree. It is not hard to do when you have a great passion for what you do.

The Mountaineer students are doing very well, I am happy with their progress, yet still look forward to continued imporvement. Of course, it was nice to see Dot invade the states, and work on her Kenpo as well (although I didn't need the extra harrassment...... hee hee which she so loves to do). Also thanks to my private chauffeur Erin "Edhead" for taking the time to shuttle me all around the area, and of course the introduction to Mydnyte!

The instructors (Mike & Tess) are doing a good job of upgrading the Art and show both improvement and enthusiasm with what they do and teach. Pete will always maintain a place in my heart for the Escrimacaraina (his booty action is unbelievable) :uhyeah: !!!!!!!!!!

I also have to give a big "Im Impressed" to Lamont aka "Blindside" for his attitude and his skill level. Tho only a 2nd Degree, his comand of movement is awesome and a fantastic example for anyone that works out with him or even watches him work out. It is refreshing to see someone that is humble yet, has developed excellent skills!!!!!! His work ethic and attitude are both credits to himself and his instructorl

I also enjoyed the "Hot Firebird Man" from Flint! A true gentleman and a always available to assist anyone in need. I felt so comfortable with the "Michigan Hit Man" where ever we went, I knew trouble would run when he got up and they eyeballed his jet black hair and goat-Tee!! One tough hombre!

I had a supurb time an hope all enjoyed the weekend and walked away with knowledge, friendship and memories.

OP
S

Stick Dummy

:partyon:

Hey a "Wave Macarina"

Dot, Rich, & Mr. Conatser

Thanks for the kind words, my shoulder was (still is) pretty busted up but WE had fun the entire time. Subtle hint - Don't try to counter hip roll a +300 lb ex-correctional officer while you're wearing a "red man" suit with a pre -existing shoulder condition. :erg:

Rich - Next time we will do some stick work - Promise!

Lamont - I was VERY impressed with your skill and conditioning, will try to free up the volleyball court next time you're in town............

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
let's see...friday night saw the MMA students getting some one on one with Mr. C., and the MMA students, along with Rich and Dot saw Mr. C. use Chronuss as target practice. :) whenever Mr. C. comes around, there's a wealth of information shared about bygone days and stories of Mr. Parker. at the crack of 9 a.m. :rolleyes: , the MMA students, Rich, Dot, Lamont, along with Mr. C gathered at Shepherd and rounded up the students of the gym class. the class was then led through warm ups by StickDummy accompanied with moans and groans. :) Mr. C then took over the class and showed some options of technique formulation in the street. after the first session we did a run on Sheetz and regrouped for the second session to go over a few sets and an unexpected lower belt testing. :uhyeah: after we got our bearings, we cleaned up and changed and in a seven car caravan, we descended upon the Chinses restaurant for a good three hours and ate to our heart's content. Mr. C told some stories, us animé junkies talked about animé, StickDummy and Rich did some synchronized chop stick work across the table from each other, Lamont shared some upper belt wisdom, and we sat around being lazy letting our food digest. :) after some more after dinner pictures we all departed, and a few of us went to see Hell Boy, which btw, was pretty good. :)

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
teehee...actually it is pretty normal...we do like to beat on eachother every once in a while and trust me chronuss can handle it...he prepares himself mentally and physically when he knows mr. c is coming to town cause he's just so fun to have as an uki

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stick Dummy said:
Rich - Next time we will do some stick work - Promise!

Only if you promise I do not have to dance and you will take it easy on me :) :D ;)

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i am in class pretty much as often as i can...but have you seen him dance...i tell ya what you can be his dancing partner and we'll see how your feet come out :rolleyes:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
FUZZYJ692000 said:
oh boy if that was the case Chronuss you'd be in a world of trouble considering you've got 2 left feet :boing2:

good thing I don't have two right feet, cause they'd both be on top of your head at once. :EG:

OP
E

edhead2000

Rich taught me how to dance in Sheetz, maybe he could give Chronuss a lesson or two!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
edhead2000 said:
Rich taught me how to dance in Sheetz, maybe he could give Chronuss a lesson or two!

It was a joint lock set and or lock flow ;) I am sure that Chronuss woudl enjoy :D

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
good thing I don't have two right feet, cause they'd both be on top of your head at once. :EG:

teehee don't you know that if you had two right or two left that it would make you off balance so you'd fall down before you got your feet to my head....i maybe short but i'm not short enough for your feet to reach my head if you fell down on the ground

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Tess do you have any photos of the seminar on Saturday, or did you just tape it? If so any way to get some stills off of the tape?

Dot

Latest Discussions