George Dillman

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel its better to get a hold of the person first and at least get some control but full control is the optimum option.

OP
lll000000lll

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
when i spar with my JJ friend ryan i try to get him to shoot for my legs, then i usually go for a knee to the head, or a guiliotine choke.

Explorer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:
when i spar with my JJ friend ryan i try to get him to shoot for my legs, then i usually go for a knee to the head, or a guiliotine choke.

I like crossfaces followed by a pancake. However, the attackers neck is in a very awkward position, so you have to be carefull not to break his neck ... unless, of course, that's what you need to do. :)

OP
lll000000lll

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
Explorer said:
I like crossfaces followed by a pancake. However, the attackers neck is in a very awkward position, so you have to be carefull not to break his neck ... unless, of course, that's what you need to do. :)

he is verystrong, he is what i call a "no neck" so im not too worried about hurting him.

Explorer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:
he is verystrong, he is what i call a "no neck" so im not too worried about hurting him.

A crossface begins with an inside (thumb side) forearm strike to the side of the head (just to loosen him up). I generally strike at eye level and move to the second step, grinding the bone on the inside edge of my forearm across the corner of his eye and nose. I continue to drive my forearm across his face (ha! crossface) until I can grab his tricep, which locks the crossface in place. Sometimes the head will simply turn and tilt to the side with the application of the crossface ... but sometimes the head turns, tilts to the side AND tilts back ... now you're in a position to break someones neck.

The whole time I'm applying the crossface I'm pancaking the guy by shooting my feet and legs back, arching my back and dropping my chest onto his shoulder.

All of this happens pretty quickly. Some guys just fold up once you wrench their necks back ... others try to hang on to your legs or hips, which only helps the technique. I love when someone shoots my legs ... just love it.

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I can say if your a seriious practicioner of any martial arts particularly Karate of any sort, you'l want to hear and understand what GM Dillman has to say and offer.

If you try to grasp ahold of all he has to say at first you'll be so overwhelmed you wont' understand any of it.

You should not rely on his training videos as a first time material. If you want to experience and understand RyuKyu Kempo or Kyusho Jitsu find his books and read them, and understand them.

Dillman is a master at what he does. He is NOT A FRAUD in my humble opinion. I am a bit skeptikal however of the NO TOUCH KO I wont even touch that one. As for the PP's and the meridians and the KO's using either / both there are reputable masters who have used these in past and present. Is Dillman a 100% accurate? I do not know, but i do know that he understands and knows what he is doing, when dealing w/ the PPKO's.

One thing that has been brought to light is do they always work? Answer YES and NO! A TKO and KO is a "Knock Out" nonetheless so if your opponent staggers instead of going lights out he is still OUT!

Not all PP attacks will KO a subject to total "Sleep time".. Many who does not understand this, will argue the RYUKYUKEMPO/KYUSHO arts. So in final what i'd say for anyone who is skeptical to go to one of his workshops, seminars and go w and OPENMIND rather than the blinders on that so many martial artist are known to do, and expect to be blown away by the mere knowledge and love for the arts this man has. If your one of the lucky few he picks on and PP KO's ya.. then and only then will you believe!!!

: ) thanks

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was an Uke for GM Dillman at a seminar in Lexington..His stuff is the real deal...He numbed my entire arm with a simple strike that didn't hurt when it landed, but a second or 2 later WOW..I've been at the MA since the late 70's and NO ONE has ever been able to do this..

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Drac, I've been an advid learner/student of the DKI since 99-2000' when I was first introduced to his knowledge. I had heard of him before but never put alot of emphasis behind what he had to give.

I was invited to one of the many workshops w/ him and MSTR Presas and boy that was it, I was hooked. ALL my years of karate training that I had discarded had finally came together in that one afternoon seminar. I was so mislead and undertaught in all I was learning in all the years. I felt like I was able to pick up the pieces and start to walk from a crawl that I was on since the early years. I was like many and HATED KATA with a passion until I actually understood them and what they were for. I come from a TOURNAMENT type karate school and we only practiced, learned kata for that purpose only.

Once Bunkai became a major part of my study I then was like MAN its all right here.. today many students are lucky to have this training upfront and personal I however was not until I had many years and a black belt into the system. As for me I owe alot to DILLMAN for opening my eyes and giving me a new found love for what I thought had died out.

If any ever have the chance to train or meet Mstr Will Higgenbotham from Indy, he is a great MA as well. Im certain if anyone follows Dillman they know of him and understand.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dill man has a lot of great knowledge but I just cannot get over the no touch knockout of is. Until it is done to me I just cannot believe.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Dillman’s Skill at martial arts I have never had reason to question. However his no touch knockout stuff I have great reason to question. My feeling on that is the same as it has always been with all others who have made such claims; All he has done is successfully train his students how to fall down.

I think it is the no touch knockout stuff that hurt his credibility in the eyes of many.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my black belts was knocked out by Dillman and a good friend of mine was also. My issue is also the no touch knockouts. Besides I would imagine it is quite dangerous to knockout someone like that no matter how experienced you are.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
My money is on these KO's originating "between the ears" than on any series of "pressure points".

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can say if your a seriious practicioner of any martial arts particularly Karate of any sort, you'l want to hear and understand what GM Dillman has to say and offer.

If you try to grasp ahold of all he has to say at first you'll be so overwhelmed you wont' understand any of it.

That is typically true if someone is talking nonsense. The funny thing about "truth" and "reality" as opposed to "nonsense", is that truth is oftenquickly and easily understood and assimilated.

Dillman is a master at what he does. He is NOT A FRAUD in my humble opinion. I am a bit skeptikal however of the NO TOUCH KO I wont even touch that one.

That's kind of because it kind of reveals dillman as a total fraud, right?

One thing that has been brought to light is do they always work? Answer YES and NO! A TKO and KO is a "Knock Out" nonetheless so if your opponent staggers instead of going lights out he is still OUT!

Isn't it funny how Dillman's students are affected by his tactics, but real fighters don't even experience a mild headache, much less stagger around stunned? Dillman is a fraud.

Not all PP attacks will KO a subject to total "Sleep time"..

Seemingly, very few do.

Many who does not understand this, will argue the RYUKYUKEMPO/KYUSHO arts. So in final what i'd say for anyone who is skeptical to go to one of his workshops, seminars and go w and OPENMIND rather than the blinders on that so many martial artist are known to do, and expect to be blown away by the mere knowledge and love for the arts this man has. If your one of the lucky few he picks on and PP KO's ya.. then and only then will you believe!!!

Put away the "voodoo" and pick up some boxing gloves.

: ) thanks

Thank you, too! Utter nonsense!

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
First off I'll just reply to your reply as " To each his own" everyone has the right and entitled to thier own opinion"

To use the term FRAUD is a bit extreme. I'd say the NO TOUCH KO is something I've yet to experience nor do I honestly care to experience.

Let's just say hypothetically speaking it works. WHO CARES? Does that mean someone will be walking around zapping everyone in the streets?

More than likely its unrealistic that something to this altitude or level even exists or works. But really who am I to shatter another's hopes and dreams?

2ndly on behalf of George Dillman again I have met the man and he's bright and has brought alot of positive training to martial arts and martial artist. He is just like anyone else who loves something so much he went above and beyond trying to understand the truth in something. NO fault in that really. As a point fighter back in the day he was at best a mediocre fighter. He participated in the USKA tournaments the same ones I grew up competing in. U know for me he stepped up and found something to help others look deeper into the arts and keep a general interest in.

I can attest that pressure points are essential tool for law enforcement. Maybe not so much street fighting in general or defenitly cage fighting it has no value there either cause i think there are rules against it.

It's obvious that those who debate dillman and his theories are looking at the outside of what he's doing not understanding what he's trying to explain within KATA. I'd love to extend this topic to a more deeper conversation. But out of respect for others and the arts I humbly decline to take this particular conversation any further. I could end up writting something here that will come back to bite me in the rump later on down the line. So i'll just pass on getting out what i'd love to say.

Again follow your own path and your own dreams and explore what you feel is necessary.