Gaming and Martial Arts

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Neverwinter Nights Cured my EQholism.

(NWN is an online (or solo pc) version of 3rd edition DnD, with the abitity for the DM to create his/her own modules)

I was running a regualr live session of it every wendsday, but put that on hold to develop an EQ style persistant world.

But who has time for EQ when you have 1 week to code a new module for a live game? LOL! (I should go back to live weekly sessions.)

Oh, BTW, my main NWN char is a Monk/Assassin with lots of Martial Arts skillz... here he is TRYING to kick a vampire in the head...

hanzo.jpg

OP
F

fist of fury

I'm currently running a martial art game using the HERO system and the Ultmate Martial Artist and Ninja Hero. I found it more to my liking than the GURPS version.

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Chronuss
...along with Soul Calibur 2...very much fun times. :D

as can be proven by the fact you and adam beat the snot outta each other on that game till 1 am last week...

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was such the nerd back in my army days! We would played D&D every chance we got. Now 20 years later I still manage to game 3-6 times a year. With my original army dm I might add! I've run d&d, and marvel mostly. Matter of fact I'm running an east meets west d&d game right now that will take about a year to finish at the rate we play. :shrug:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
How many of you play Games involving Martial Arts? From RPG to D&D (Dungeons and Dragons)

I have a Diablo character who's quite the martial artist ..

Here's another game that looks to be interesting.

Click here

Elysium: New Pugilistic MMORPG with Customizable Martial Arts Skills

Check out the review

From AD&D to SR III (* Shadowrun editions one through three *), to Diablo and other games. I like the MA's.

:D

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love MAs in my video games, but when it comes to roleplay games, I play games like I eat dinner; Gotta have everything separate so that I get the full flavor (except when I get peas or corn in my mashed potatos, that's okay).

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tess what is the name of your Diablo char
I ply once in a while and will be happy if the patch ever comes out
check out this group if you ever consider clan play
http://dan.mcdonough.name/clan/news.html
Im DMB_Windfire most of the time
I alo play d and d have sence the first onecame pout

OP
T

TheRustyOne

:D pen and paper rpg's forever!

fluffy has a monk in D&D -- well, had -- that kicked butt MA style! In my lord of the rings campaign, we had an elf up a tree with a long bow...said elf also took one head off an etten at around 1/2 mile - 1 mile away...

OP
T

TheRustyOne

My beasty human rogue has a notched bowie knife...

but i still wonder how the hell an elf got up a tree w/ a longbow...

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
Tess what is the name of your Diablo char
I ply once in a while and will be happy if the patch ever comes out
check out this group if you ever consider clan play
http://dan.mcdonough.name/clan/news.html
Im DMB_Windfire most of the time
I alo play d and d have sence the first onecame pout

Hiya Shadow :)

my user name is Bleu_blaze when I go on Bnet.. I have a level 61 (I think) Sorc that is my fav, only thing is, I stupidly didn't push up any fire spells and every time I go into the crystal cavern I get annihilated ~!! hahaa..
I'll take a look at your clan.. I used to have one back in Diablo I era.. way back when called Clan of the ShadowWatchers.. !

OP
M

Master of Blades

Im playing Soul Calibur 2 at the moment, have been for several months, got a copy of the Japanese version. I use Ivy Raphael and Yoshimitsu but my Lizardman is a work in Progress. Anyone who is playing Virtua Fighter Evolution needs to have their head screwed back on cuz that game is whack! Play Soul Calibur 2....much more satisfying :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tess they are a great bunch to play with they have
and are friendly to game with
op dbr is the clan channle tell them windfire or sheldon sent you
I have alevel 80 something amazon and a assasian in the 40's
haven't played in a month or so

any one play Utopia? http://games.swirve.com/utopia/
alot of pop ups but a free game

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
tess they are a great bunch to play with they have
and are friendly to game with
op dbr is the clan channle tell them windfire or sheldon sent you
I have alevel 80 something amazon and a assasian in the 40's
haven't played in a month or so

any one play Utopia? http://games.swirve.com/utopia/
alot of pop ups but a free game

Excellent Sheldon.. thanks~! Will have to look them up :)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I use to play D2: LOD...I had a 99 Nova/Orb Sorc...99 Java/Bowazon, 99 Frenzy Barb...and a 98 Sword/Shield Barb...along with two mules on that particular account...and my account got deleted...pissed me off. my sorc had level 41 Nova and Thunderstorm...and my SS Barb had level 42 Battle Orders...needless to say all the zonz and sorcs wanted to hear me scream....hehehe. ;) I could clear a Hell Cow level with my zon in under a minute...by myself. ...I miss that account. :wah:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
...I use to play D2: LOD...I had a 99 Nova/Orb Sorc...99 Java/Bowazon, 99 Frenzy Barb...and a 98 Sword/Shield Barb...along with two mules on that particular account...and my account got deleted...pissed me off. my sorc had level 41 Nova and Thunderstorm...and my SS Barb had level 42 Battle Orders...needless to say all the zonz and sorcs wanted to hear me scream....hehehe. ;) I could clear a Hell Cow level with my zon in under a minute...by myself. ...I miss that account. :wah:

suuuuuure.. come on down the portal.. all's safe.. silly me... trusting you.. :D