Gaming and Martial Arts

T

theneuhauser

one of the neatest video games that i have ever seen was called Shenmue-for dreamcast. defenitely the most cool martial arts concept for a video game ever. anyways, i am not too current on video gaming news. anyone heard where and when and for what company the sequel will be made?

OP
T

theneuhauser

"dragon lady" "desecrating your monastery"

it looks like a regular testament to chinese american stereoypes!
so,.... when does it come out?;)

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by theneuhauser

one of the neatest video games that i have ever seen was called Shenmue-for dreamcast. defenitely the most cool martial arts concept for a video game ever. anyways, i am not too current on video gaming news. anyone heard where and when and for what company the sequel will be made?

I'm not sure of the company, but it came out to the dreamcast, and I think it's story is in hongkong.

/Yari

OP
K

Kakutou

I love the shenmue series !
I have part one which begins in Japan
and part two which continues in Hong Kong.

microsoft bought the rights to release it in the US but you can import the Japanese version (dont worry it has subtitles) or European version if you're lucky. I seriously recommend this game its one of the best ones out there.

As for the Bruce Lee game its out and it sucks Bruce does not deserve such disrespect. Check out the reviews on

extendedplay.com

OP
T

theneuhauser

i read the review, they trashed the game. ouch!!!!

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Checkout "Dead or Alive 3" on Xbox...absolutely beautiful game. Great fighting action, visually stunning, and totally addictive. The "Story Mode" (the single player game with a "story line") is incredibly thin..bordering on pointless....but the depth of the rest of the game is fantastic.

My girlfriend bought me an Xbox for my birthday, and so i bought DOA3. She patted me on the head, complained when i was still playing 10 hours later [:eek: ], then picked up the controller......

she now routinely kicks my @ss.

OP
T

theneuhauser

ive got that one too. but my wife wont touch the xbox. i say to her "dont worry, baby it wont bite you". she's scared $%!^less of its addictive power.

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I take it u got the bonus disc, with all the extra costumes?? I have to SoPac version, so i have to actually unlock them all.....

You can check out the progress and release date of Shenmue 2 at http://www.xbox.com

I'll be picking it up for sure....

OP
A

A Kenpo Student

Any fighting game fans here? I find it hard to not be attracted to all the fighting games that offer interpretations of the martial arts.

OP
S

Senfeng

I've pretty much played them all starting with Karate Champ. I work in the video game industry, so sometimes its research (at least thats what I tell my wife).:D

My Favorite By Far:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::: Samurai Showdown II :::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My favorite so far is the mortal kombat series. I believe the best one yet is 4.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Nah....Its either Mortal Kombat or Tekken. The new Mortal Kombat rocks! Wepaons and fatalitys and all :D

OP
S

Senfeng

Favorite Fighting Game Franchises:

King of Fighters
Street Fighter
Virtual On
Virtual Fighter
Dead or Alive
Rival Schools

Latest Discussions