Gaming and Martial Arts

OP
J

JDenz

Ya if you can Play Street Fighter 2 you can master any fighting game. I despise any fighting game where there is a separate button for blocking. I feel that it is a bad system for blocking. I also like UFC for dreamcast and it is okay for PS2, but I am looking forward to the PRIDEFC game coming out next month.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
my favorite fighting game, presently, is Virtua Fighter 4. this game is awesome. it takes true skill and knowledge of the particular fighting style of each character to win at this game. no button mashing here. a friend at the studio watched me go from first dan to third dan in the Kumite mode in one sitting, it was great. my favorite character has to be Pai. her combos are quick and easy, and she has counters for everything. my next best character is probably Jacky, his legs are incredibly quick.

Tekken Tag is another goodie, but the series took a decline with Tekken 4 with no improvements... my Tag characters are Law and Baek...keep the oppenent in the air and just keep hitting them..hehe.

my favorite MK game has to be number 2. this was the peak of the series with no damned run button. my fav character has to Shang Tsung...he could morph into anyone! it would be awesome to morph into someone and complete pull off their entire move list and then do it with another character. you could even pull off the fatalities of each character when morphed.
the new MK game is outdated...the weapons and fighting styles are a cool feature...but the execution is hokey. this game could been so much better.

I'm surprised someone said Virtual On. I have this game for the old Sega Saturn and loved it. very cool mech fighting game.

OP
M

Master of Blades

If you guys wanna fall over laughing go and buy Kensei Sacred Fist. It is the worst game you will ever play. I dont know how but they managed to put all the controls into square! Gave me and my friends many hours of laughing before playing Tekken :shrug:

OP
S

Senfeng

Hold your trophies.

My vote for worst fighting game:
<drum roll>
Shaq Fu (yes, Shaq)

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by Baoquan

DOA3....its too beautiful to be believed.

Thats the one with all the hot chicks in skimpy outfits, right? ;-)

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dual question thread.

I know there are a ton of PC and Role Play gamers out there.

So what do you play? First person shooter guys, Everquest junkies, SimPeople, Griefers (ack!), AD&D 1st edition purists, technopunks, Malclavian goth night dwellers "What's your pleasure Mister." Name that quote.

Right now I'm in the middle of Neverwinter Nights Expansion on PC. I have GTA Vice City, the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series, and a couple of Clancy/Rainbow Six mods waiting in the wings. Thank god I never got into Evercrack.

RPG wise, I'm in limbo. No time to play. When I do though, I play Rifts (got all thirty something books), Whitewolf (all the sub series, except dark ages) and of course old school AD&D (haven't had time to get into 3rd ed. yet).

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
AD&D 1st edition is still all that the game ever needed to be. I do own the 3rd edition books and it has some merit, but why fix it if it ain't broke? Never much for online gaming, like the Baldur's Gate games tho, haven't played the latest. Love my PS2. Other RPG's I dabble in are Car Wars, Toon. Used to play Champions and Marvel Super Heroes RPG. Also had some fun with CCGs for a while, mostly MtG and Overpower.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DOOD!!!

RIGHT NOW I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING A PERSISTANT WORLD for NWN!

That rocks.

Oh. Ahem. I play Warhammer 40k, and Mordheim. As far as Videogames I play NWN and Alien vs Predator 2.

OP
X

XxSweetFacadexX

squaresoft addict. namely the final fantasy series and the two chrono games... besides those, other rpg types.. used to be a Sim addict -- simcity, simant, the sims, simtower, simgolf. then there's the strategy games -- Starcraft, warcraft, Majesty... also the oh-so-popular games like gta3, doom, wolfenstien... things like that. come to think of it, i don't exactly play many new games unless it's a squaresoft brand.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by XxSweetFacadexX
squaresoft addict. namely the final fantasy series and the two chrono games... besides those, other rpg types.. used to be a Sim addict -- simcity, simant, the sims, simtower, simgolf. then there's the strategy games -- Starcraft, warcraft, Majesty... also the oh-so-popular games like gta3, doom, wolfenstien... things like that. come to think of it, i don't exactly play many new games unless it's a squaresoft brand.

You need to expand your horizons. I have recently decided that I love the Eidos line of stuff, like Hitman, Kane series, Tomb Raider (gotta love Lara), even a Final Fantasy. I also love EA. Not the sports stuff, but games like McGee's Alice, Medal of Honor and the Sims stuff.

Has anyone heard of a new Xbox game coming out called Fable. It looks ULTRASWEET. The character actually ages as the game progresses and his body style matches to your gameplay. If you play a thief/rogue, he grows thin and wirey; if you play a fighter, he grows big and muscular. He also starts to look evil if you act evil in the game.

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I personally prefer first person shooters, Real Time Strategy and Space Flight Sims.

For FPS, my favorites are squad based games like Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six. I enjoy the more tactical approach to winning over games like Half Life and Wolfenstein where you follow a very linear path and solve puzzles in order to move on to the next level. However, I can enjoy the linear FPS and anxiously await Half Life 2. Out of all FPS my absolute favorite has to be Americas Army: Operations. When I had DSL I spent so much time playing that game. Unfortunately I moved and only have access through Satellite which utterly sucks for playing games online.

For RTS I'm very selective. I like the Command and Conquer Series and haven't found any other that compares, though my funds are limited and I can't say that I've tried them all. I do like Medieval: Total War but games like Ages of Empires annoy me to no end.

For Flight Sims there is only one group of games that I really like, those based on the Star Wars universe. Tie Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter and X-Wing Alliance. I suck at regular flight sims and don't really enjoy playing them. I haven't found any other Space Flight Sims to try aside from those that are seriously out of date like Wing Commander.

OP
E

Elfan

I'm currently playing thru Morrowind again with both expansion packs and about a hudnred plug-ins.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not much time at all for games here with work, MA and family but on the rare occasion that I do on-line gaming I fly Combat Flight Sim II. I've been told that this program is as close to reality as you can get on a pc. I'd love to get hold of cfs3. I'm not into flying the space flights or even the jet sims but I really have enjoyed the old prop jobs.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Touch...

Have you seen the new Shadowrun 6" action figures? They are Giant HeroClix, so you can actually PLAY the game with em! Neat as HECK, Ive almost been tempted to BUY em myself...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I have played UO and AC online and also I like Starcraft, and Warcraft and Total Annihilation

I used to Play AD&D and still do when I go to a Con about once every two to three years.

Currently, I am playing Living Force Star Wars in a Guild on about once or twice on Thursdays, and I run a Shadowrun Campaign.

I have just converted the characters over to third edition. I usually do not follow editions, yet there were some good improvements that made sense and I liked. :D

So, to that end you can always go check out this site as well. This site is hosted by our Admin here at Martial Talk

:asian:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Touch...

Have you seen the new Shadowrun 6" action figures? They are Giant HeroClix, so you can actually PLAY the game with em! Neat as HECK, Ive almost been tempted to BUY em myself...
No I have not. I can't afford to pay attention these days.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
EverQuest junkie.

Kattana Silverblade: level 43 Wood Elf Rogue, Maelin Starpyre server, formerly of Errollisi Marr server.

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by nightingale8472
EverQuest junkie.

Kattana Silverblade: level 43 Wood Elf Rogue, Maelin Starpyre server, formerly of Errollisi Marr server.

Come on, 'just say no' and get off the crack.

Latest Discussions