Full Atlas of Mouse Brain

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ooooOOOOoooo

SEATTLE - A brain institute funded by software billionaire Paul Allen says it has completed its first project: a map of the mouse brain down to details of individual cells. Work is already beginning on a similar map of the human brain.The new Allen Brain Atlas is being made available online without cost to neuroscientists studying brain circuits and chemistry, a potential boon to cancer and other disease research because of similarities between the brains of mice and human beings. The formal announcement of the mouse brain atlas' completion was made by the Allen Institute for Brain Science on Tuesday in Washington, D.C.
"We're trying to advance science worldwide, and being able to allow unfettered access to the data for scientists," Allen told reporters. "Hopefully that will jump-start or accelerate their research."

Full Article including pretty picture

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kind of looks like a blonde brain, only bigger....

:uhyeah:

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
similarities between the brains of mice and human beings.

This explains loads! I think I know these people, shoot I may BE one of these people. Lets see; I'm restless, I like cheese, if you put peanut butter on a really large trap you would probably catch me, ... yep! I have the brains of a mouse.

Actually this is a really cool development and I hope it leads to some cures in the future. Especially in the cancer department, I lost my Father-in-Law to brain cancer and wouldn't wish that on any person or their family.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
One thing to think about is that all animals on the face of the Earth are within 5% of each other genetically. It does not suprise me to see someone discover this information. It is truly amazing what we can find if we know where/how to look.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a couple on my mantle, one from some chick named Abbie something...

Abbie Norma Elle?

I think I knew here. :D ;) :lol:

Latest Discussions