For the delectation of the beardies among you!

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did someone say beardie?
bearded-dragon-02.jpg

Or was it "beard" you said?
katie-holmes-new-hair2.jpg

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Empty Hands, you owe me a new keyboard if this one shorts out from the coffee I spewed all over it. The TC photo is hilarious.

One of the first things I did when I left the military was grow a mustache and goatee. I've only shaved it off a couple of times and don't like the way I look without it. It's starting to show a little salt in the pepper but that's alright with me.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I had a beard about 20 years ago... but I seem to have misplaced however somewhere along the way... don't have the slightest idea what happened to it. :D

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
My beard has is quite grey, which my missus says she loves. When I had a full head of hair, I kept it longer but tidy. Now that I'm bald and beautiful, sides and beard are kept short -- trimmed at the closest setting for spring, summer and fall. Observe...

Attachments

• $My Beard.JPG
    $My Beard.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 121

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I have a beard... the length and neatness of trim varies dramatically. Usually, I don't give it much thought and look a little like Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman. Well, maybe not that bad. Maybe a young Santa Claus.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My beard has is quite grey, which my missus says she loves. When I had a full head of hair, I kept it longer but tidy. Now that I'm bald and beautiful, sides and beard are kept short -- trimmed at the closest setting for spring, summer and fall. Observe...

I haven't been to a barber in years. I bought a set of Wahl clippers and have been giving myself haircuts once every other week or so for nearly 20 years. I use the number 0 guard, the shortest. In the summer, I sometimes take the guard off entirely. Zip zip, and I'm done.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't been to a barber in years. I bought a set of Wahl clippers and have been giving myself haircuts once every other week or so for nearly 20 years. I use the number 0 guard, the shortest. In the summer, I sometimes take the guard off entirely. Zip zip, and I'm done.

Hell with the clippers, I just use a razor.
s1207803422_30017978_7105.jpg

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have beard clippers that I use all the time. I like going to the barber -- not a stylist anymore, that's redundant with my hairline -- but an old fashioned barber shop with a bunch of men sitting around discussing current and local events.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have beard clippers that I use all the time. I like going to the barber -- not a stylist anymore, that's redundant with my hairline -- but an old fashioned barber shop with a bunch of men sitting around discussing current and local events.

I can appreciate the desire to commune with one's cronies, but for twenty a whack, I'm sticking with the Wahl. Reminds me of an old Peanuts comic strip, though. Charlie Brown's buddy Linus says that due to the high cost of haircuts, his dad bought some clippers and is going to cut his own family's hair. Charlie Brown says, "I hope he cuts your ears off," and stomps off. Linus says to Lucy, "I keep forgetting that Charlie Brown's dad is a barber."

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can appreciate the desire to commune with one's cronies...

Two of my favourite simple pleasures in life -- a trip to the barber shop and a new pair of shoes.

My favourite barber is semi-retired now but still operates out of shoebox shop on the same corner for nearly sixty years. He's decorated the place floor to ceiling with antiques -- old cameras, carpentry tools, farming implements, you name it. Here's a news story and slideshow.

http://www.thestar.com/comment/columnists/article/456011

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Grew my stache/goatee at 16, kept it in some form or other till I was 28.

Joined the MA State Guard in Jan of 07, Shaved it to an Army-reg nothing-below-the-upper-lip Clark Gable kind of stupid thing which did not fit or flatter my face at all.

Now that I'm put out to grass, I hated the stache alone, but didn't want to go back to the goatee, so I now wear quite the kickin Hogan Stache( the upside down "U" shape and even MOM likes that one when she didn't like all other face hair types on me).

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
i don't even let my chest hairs grow. all 12 of them.

i used to rock a soul patch though.

jf

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
it's like a badge or insignia or a "patch" if you will. this "patch" is worn to indicate that one has "soul". now "soul" can mean several things. it can mean you can throw down on a plate of fried okra, it can mean you've been to a james brown concert, or pretty much anything it means to you. or just call it a paintbrush if you like.

jf

Last edited:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm one of those blokes that can't seem to grow a beard. Mustache yes and a fine thick one if I let it. Goatee sure. But along the cheeks and jowls... no for some reason no. :( Alas no hairy chest and thank god no hairy back either as some apes I've seen now and again.
Dunno why that is. Doesn't matter though. Had my mustache for over 20 something years... haven't shaved it off at all, trimmed it sure, cut it short of course but sported a bare upper lip... nope.
Perhaps for the right woman... if she ever makes up her bloody mind to show up. :lol: