FMAT: New Member Seeks Info on Balintiwak Video Series

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
New Member Seeks Info on Balintiwak Video Series
By BlackScorpion47 - Thu, 17 May 2007 13:38:13 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

First of all, I am new to this forum though I have visited and read many forum threads for the past two years. I have found the site to be always fascinating. It ( the forum ) is a great supplement to my escrima / kali knowledge which started formally back in 1975 at the old Filipino Kali Academy in Torrance, California.

Could anyone give me info on the value of the entire Balintawak video series featuring Guro Bobby Taboada? Is the entire set worth the bucks, or would I do better to only purchase certain volumes. Same goes for the Rene Latosa escrima series-are they worth the price?

Tranquility to all!

P.S. Anybody out there who trained at the Filipino Kali Academy in the summer of 1975 have any info on twin brothers in the entry level class taught by Richard Bustillo, who made some really beautiful and hard escrima sticks for fellow classmates. I always wanted to contact them about making more sets of sticks for me after I returned to the midwest, but I lost their address. Great sticks! Those sticks served me well for over three decades of hard use, believe it or not. The brothers were both medium height, husky build, and at least one of them wore glasses. I believe they were either Hispanic or Filipino. Great fellows...I've always regretted losing touch with them.

P.P.S. Another golden memory I have from that summer at the Kali Academy ( aside from learning the basics from Guro Richard Bustillo ) was meeting one of Ben Largusa's top students one evening. He impressed me so much with his skill, his knowledge of the Filipino arts, and his outgoing personality that I vowed to someday study the Largusa system. I'm getting real old now, so I don't have much time to fulfill that vow, so, if anyone out there knows of an instructor near Chicago, Illinois who has knowledge of the complete Largusa / Villabrille system, let me know. I'm not interested in trying to become a master, but I do want to learn the whole Largusa system in order to complete an old vow.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions