Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
FMA for college credit
By fangjian - 03-18-2010 08:29 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

Hi everyone,

So here's a small victory for you. For the past few years I have been teaching Chinese martial arts for college credit ( at Eastern Connecticut State Univ.) in the Health and Physical Education dept. I have been pushing for FMA as well and finally got my boss to except it. Mind you the schedule says 'Stick Fencing'. I figured if it said 'Arnis', nobody would know what that meant and would not enroll in the class.

The class meets once a week for almost three hours. The first class was yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I have about 15 students. I taught them the 12 basic strikes in the Balintawak style, the 12 basic defense and a few disarms at the end to break up the monotony a little.

All of the classes I teach also come with academic requirements with examinations at the end. So, a few days out of the semester are devoted to lectures. I'm very comfortable giving my lectures about the history, evolution, and variations of CMA. However, I am having to study all of these things about FMA now, so I know what I'm talking about :).

I am very excited that I am able to offer this at a university. Does any one else do this as well?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

FMA for college credit
By fangjian - 03-18-2010 08:29 AM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk
====================

Hi everyone,

So here's a small victory for you. For the past few years I have been teaching Chinese martial arts for college credit ( at Eastern Connecticut State Univ.) in the Health and Physical Education dept. I have been pushing for FMA as well and finally got my boss to except it. Mind you the schedule says 'Stick Fencing'. I figured if it said 'Arnis', nobody would know what that meant and would not enroll in the class.

The class meets once a week for almost three hours. The first class was yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I have about 15 students. I taught them the 12 basic strikes in the Balintawak style, the 12 basic defense and a few disarms at the end to break up the monotony a little.

All of the classes I teach also come with academic requirements with examinations at the end. So, a few days out of the semester are devoted to lectures. I'm very comfortable giving my lectures about the history, evolution, and variations of CMA. However, I am having to study all of these things about FMA now, so I know what I'm talking about :).

I am very excited that I am able to offer this at a university. Does any one else do this as well?

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

This is great to hear!

Latest Discussions

Back