FMAT: Uniting FMA Systems

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Uniting FMA Systems
By Datu Tim Hartman - 05-02-2010 11:25 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

This is a mail I received on facebook. What do you think?

Quote:
That is what Mataw Guro is trying to do! Bring everyone together under FMA Education! Then everyone has a Set Standard of teaching basics to make it Uniform across All styles. Once you excel in the Common Basics then you can branch off into teaching your individual style.
You should see the Curriculum he wrote when he taught FMA in the University under the Phys Ed Dept. in the Philippines. Amazing 4yr course!

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never happen IMO. There are many FMA styles out there, so to think that everyone would even consider doing this in a uniform fashion, is living in a fantasy. Even people that're under a particular GM or group, those people are not doing things in a uniform fashion either. My group, the IMAF, Inc., has set up standards. The goal is to have everyone on the same page. Yet interestingly enough, every time I'm at a seminar or camp, I see different variations.

And yes, there've been times when I've taught something, and the person will say that they learned it differently from so and so. My reply is, is thats fine. My way is simply another option of doing something. IMO, I dont think that Prof. Presas would want a bunch of robots doing his system. This is why my teachers always encourage me and others, to go out and train with other people. Everyone has their own special flavor that they bring to the table. :)

Latest Discussions