FMA MCDOJO now i have seen it all

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take the personal challenge to PM or Email.

Feel free to post an announcement once you have all the details privately worked out.

OP
M

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
Feel free to post an announcement once you have all the details privately worked out.

yes thank you, i will post the details, when i have them work out, iam dead serious about his....

Does that make a difference?

see, this is what i mean, i asked a simple question and look at the answer......

also who are you going to be training with over there, only modern arnis??

balintawak also in cebu??? well you will have to change your dominering attitude, either that or you could expect more challenges while your there......

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by moromoro
sorry but once you begin teaching it is always the public (perspective students business)

So you are capable of making a valid point after all... Wow! :D

well well, finally. got myself a challenge with a high ranking american FMA master, a lot easier than i could have imagined.

So is that something you have been working toward? Seems so from your post... In which case, it becomes blatantly apparent that your entire commentary was nothing more than an attempt to bait and inflame Mr. Hartman to the point that he was willing to entertain your juvenile behavior with the appropriate education...

I ACCEPT ALSO, , I ACCEPT SINCE IT WAS YOU WHO CHALLENGED ME.

And you jump right back into the deep end from whence you originally came... And you showed so much promise with the quote above! Oh well, short lived success I guess...

My entry to the US will be guaranteed and my name known.

How do you figure? Do you think that your fighting an American will somehow speed your visa application? Not likely... Name known? Only in your own backyard... :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the results of this...

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow ! This is the most fun I've had on Martial talk in a long time.

Sign me up for a tape. I'm 6'1" and 230 lbs and Hartman has put me on my A** more than once. And I'm his friend.

I can wait to see an all out pier sixer.

M

Master of Blades

Hey! Maybe we could earn MT some money and have this on a live PPV webcam! :D

That would be great and MT would earn some money and we could all see just how good Moromoro is :D

whadda ya say? :rolleyes:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno...I think the costs of a highspeed connection required for a net-PPV would exceed the possible revenue generated.

Might be cheeper to do it closer to a T1, rather than copper wire....

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe its just his communication style, Terry (MoroMoro) has just upset a Kalis Ilustrisimo instructor on Budoseek.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Attachments

• $dc.jpg
    $dc.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 278

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
I dunno...I think the costs of a highspeed connection required for a net-PPV would exceed the possible revenue generated.

Spoken like a true computer geek !

;) :xwing:

O

Olisi

Exciting times of challenges.

I haven’t visited the message boards in a while and look at what I missed?

This is really exciting. I have only heard of the stories of the older masters about if somene felt that they were better, or insisted that they were, or insulted, they proved it not by talking but by actions. This is probably why the real eskrimadors in the Philippines never say they are an expert, master or whatever because the first thing they hear is “Really, you are? Prove it.” It’s also why masters seldom promoted their students to that level because it is like a death sentence.

I am curious to find out how the masters there, specially in Cebu which has had a long history of battles with the Muslims, would react to and challenge involving a “datu” and a “moro”.

With regards to not fighting for free. Both of you are not fighting for free. I thought that you guys were fighting for honor – something no amount of money can buy. I’m sure whatever the door fee is people there will gladly contribute.

I’m sure that if anyone of you backs out (which I hope you wouldn’t as you would be known as duwag (coward)), you will find a wealth of eager challengers willing to step in – this specially in Cebu! So both of you won’t be disappointed!

When? Where? I already bought the blank videotape!

By the way, duelling is now illegal in public. But we can always find a venue like a military installation or the PNP Camp to sponsor it. Or we can always keep it underground and do it like when they used to at the beaches in Talisay or others.

Is this match stick, knife or blade?

thekuntawman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
okay to change the subject back to the original subject,

why do you think its important to have such high degrees in the philippine martial arts? do you agree that the road to expertise should be more important? or not?

my opinion is there should be a separate level for expert fighters, teachers and master teachers and thats it. the difference between a 5 th level master and a 6th are so unclear, i dont think they have a real purpose any more.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by thekuntawman
why do you think its important to have such high degrees in the philippine martial arts?

Personally, I don't think that. But it's the art the Professor gave us, and I don't have a problem with it either.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

why do you think its important to have such high degrees in the philippine martial arts? do you agree that the road to expertise should be more important? or not?

my opinion is there should be a separate level for expert fighters, teachers and master teachers and thats it. the difference between a 5 th level master and a 6th are so unclear, i dont think they have a real purpose any more.

thekuntawman ,

As Arnisador, said, it is what the late GM R. Presas gave and left us.

Let me step outside of being a member of this art for Modern Arnis and discuss the abstractly.

First, if you wish to have a diferent ranking system in your art, or your system or organization, who is to tell you are wrong? It is yours right?

Next, if we look at the ranking system. There should be increase in knowledge and teaching ability, and understanding as time goes by. (* assuming someone is still training and or teaching. *) Thsi does set up a hierarchy of sorts, and would help in an organized system.

Is it bad to have limited ranks?

Gee, I study here and only get to be a fighter for 'x' time, yet over here I can see some improvement by the rank. Yes this is marketing, and would apply to those trying to make a living off of teaching. As long as the instructor(s) kept to the techniques and requirements the rank should not be an issue.

I could also see, someone saying yes he is an expert fighter, yet is my junior. Then does this make this other guys a Junior Export?

Sorry it is late, and I am ging to go to bed and discuss this more later :D

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Hi Kuntawman,

Here's my answer to your question. Modern Arnis, as Prof. Presas presented it in the US, is a variation of a Philippine art. It is not purebred filipino martial art. It has been Americanized by RP himself. Personally, I think that began when he instituted belt rankings much like the Japanese dan rankings when he was back in the Philippines.

As to your stated opinion, in a filipino art I thinnk that is the way it's mostly done, isn't it? Therefore your opinion is quite logical. This set up is, however, what Remy Presas left us with.

Unfortunately, many times the difference between levels is a bit unclear. other times not. Thanks for getting this thread back on line.

Yours,
Dan Anderson