Fixing the training model

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think my question, or my understanding of your post, was unclear. From what your saying, the history books in the USA leave out key aspects of the events surrounding our secession in the late 18th century. In that time period, what events were omitted or twisted to give a false impression of what happened?

Also, since tone is difficult to tell, this is not me being contradictory or trying to play devil's advocate. I am legitimately curious what the 'other side of the sea' says, as I've never read a UK history book to compare the two.

I'm quite curious too, as I've not had any exposure to "the version" from over there...

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, if it hasn't happened in ten years it isn't going to happen now, we don't play lynch mobs here. We never did that 'dojo' invasion thing, we don't rush in and act like we are the martial arts police nor do we beat people up because we disagree with them.

I find your attitude quite reprehensible, childish even. Threatening people is not what we should be doing.

So we should let people teach others BS and have them believe they can do things that are scientifically impossible? What if a woman getting raped tries to do a no-touch KO? Are you still going to feel bad for the charlatan getting a fat lip, or the woman who thought she was actually learning something that was going to protect her but is now a rape victim?

If you think beating people up is the correct way to go about stopping people teaching certain 'techniques' then you are actually worse than someone who teaches 'no touch' KOs, you are a thug.

Honestly, I'd rather be a thug than the alternative.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm quite curious too, as I've not had any exposure to "the version" from over there...

Oh I am not going to say much about things from an English perspective lol but from this side of the border I can ....and it will be even controversial to and some might take offence south of the border lol

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So we should let people teach others BS and have them believe they can do things that are scientifically impossible? What if a woman getting raped tries to do a no-touch KO? Are you still going to feel bad for the charlatan getting a fat lip, or the woman who thought she was actually learning something that was going to protect her but is now a rape victim?

Honestly, I'd rather be a thug than the alternative.

Hey do not call a lady a thug

You wanna start that then pick on someone else ok ....

Calling a lady a thug now that if I was around you I might well have serious serious issues with and you def would not like that at all so say sorry if that is what you were calling her

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey do not call a lady a thug

You wanna start that then pick on someone else ok ....

Calling a lady a thug now that if I was around you I might well have serious serious issues with and you def would not like that at all so say sorry if that is what you were calling her

What the heck are you talking about? She called ME a thug. :rolleyes:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It not period of your Independence I am only referring to the vast majority of folks that made the journey over did not do so really out of first choice they did so either because they were running away ...had to run or were given the options starve or go , and even at times go or face the last drop

The govt over here was very good at doing that and not only to the Americas either lol
That's exactly what we were taught. People that came here were too poor, or had religious issues, or otherwise needed to escape came to America. But it wasn't anyone's first or third choice...there was too much risk coming all the way here and being part of a fledgling settlement or colony unless it was necessary. Every class I took on the subject in elementary, middle, high school and college expressed that.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's exactly what we were taught. People that came here were too poor, or had religious issues, or otherwise needed to escape came to America. But it wasn't anyone's first or third choice...there was too much risk coming all the way here and being part of a fledgling settlement or colony unless it was necessary. Every class I took on the subject in elementary, middle, high school and college expressed that.

ok

Now why did you think the govt here allowed that to happen ?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we should let people teach others BS and have them believe they can do things that are scientifically impossible?

How many people do you think actually believe in 'no touch' KOs. I read a new word the other that seems to describe your writings, testeria.
Stop with the faux concern and outrage, you don't actually care, you just like posting stuff on here.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How many people do you think actually believe in 'no touch' KOs.
Stop with the faux concern and outrage, you don't actually care, you just like posting stuff on here.

Clearly the clown you're protecting. Wasn't that your earlier argument as to why he wasn't a "fraud"?

Please don't tell me what I actually care about. Thanks.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ok

Now why did you think the govt here allowed that to happen ?
From what I recall, a combination of factors.
!: It's better PR than killing or jailing all those people.
2: It cleans up their streets of the 'unwanted'.
3: Each country was trying to colonize the new world, if there are people who actively want to leave, by giving them a place to go under british rule it just expands their power, and improved their international standing among other european countries.
4: At the time, it supported British trade. The colonists would send raw materials to UK, buy full materials, pay taxes and tariffs (i think), and probably a couple other things that I don't recall that also boost their economy. There was a word for this, and I remember my middle school teacher focusing on this as one of the main issues, but I can't remember the word.

There may very well be more reasons, but those are the ones that I remember being told. That first one may have just been a joke from one of my teachers though.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly the clown you're protecting. Wasn't that your earlier argument as to why he wasn't a "fraud"?

Please don't tell me what I actually care about. Thanks.

Your posts over the years have shown clearly what your concerns are and they aren't altruistic.
You also need to learn to use legal terms properly.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
From what I recall, a combination of factors.
!: It's better PR than killing or jailing all those people.
2: It cleans up their streets of the 'unwanted'.
3: Each country was trying to colonize the new world, if there are people who actively want to leave, by giving them a place to go under british rule it just expands their power, and improved their international standing among other european countries.
4: At the time, it supported British trade. The colonists would send raw materials to UK, buy full materials, pay taxes and tariffs (i think), and probably a couple other things that I don't recall that also boost their economy. There was a word for this, and I remember my middle school teacher focusing on this as one of the main issues, but I can't remember the word.

There may very well be more reasons, but those are the ones that I remember being told. That first one may have just been a joke from one of my teachers though.

No your first point isn't a joke at all ...but there was more than the PR behind it

the rest of your points esp 3 is spot on ....however it backfired as the people they sent or forced etc well they were from parts of the UK that were ummm not exactly overly supportive of the Crown (and esp at the time of your War of Independence being that not that long before there was the last of a series of rebellions here, and incidentally there was a story circulated over here that there was a Crown offered to Charles Edward Stuart but he declined said ....probably because he was drunk at the time and also his english was almost non existent lol)

Another thing among many you may know is that your declaration of Independence does infact bear some very significant resemblances to one that was written over here but a heck of a lot earlier over 400 years earlier and I am not being nasty in saying that or trying to be ignorant )

The thing that I have encountered and my daughters still do is the word Scots-Irish .....there is really no such thing at all lol you are either one or the other lol not both , The scots-Irish as they are called are nothing more than Protestant scots that left Ireland (mostly the north, ie Ulster and they were only there as they had been forced there by the crown and then after the famines they or alot left ...ok some may have been born there so really they were Irish as such but very few Protestants back then would say that lol but thay another story and really in most ways doesn't concern, well sorta, but lets not go there lol

Even the General that fought for the crown Cornwallis was not of the first division by any means and the troops he had were ummm well how say we say not the best by any manner of means (no I'm not saying that to defend Cornwallis in any way ) the best of the best were somewhat busy elsewhere with other troublesome folks we had to deal with who were closer to home. Couple that with German Geordie thinking he knew better and that as I said a miscalculation had been made in who was sent there to "colonize" (ie Scots would not have faced scots ...regular front line highland regiments in the order of Battle would not have faced other Scots as they would have been their kin and well that would or could have caused mutiny) all mounted up to a disaster waiting to happen. It was also mooted that really the States were really to big to actually govern and India was a better bet and was the focus really and well it did go on to become the Raj, even there when "Britain" withdrew and partition happened that was in many ways orchestrated to cause trouble (controversial yes ) as ......well let them fight it out among themselves and it then means they won't bother us lol ...well until they need something and that kinda bore out lol, sorry that another story lol

Even your Civil War .....had Mr Davis accepted the offer of British Troops then there would be two "Americas" and he refused our Queen . He thought oh no they want to recolonize and that really was not the reason at all lol ...the real reason was that we wanted to split the continental USA as in two halves it weaker than in one whole, that together with our Queen at the time did not like Mr Lincoln at all ...but I am sure that some or most will disagree with what I have said but believe in this Britain is a master above all others in playing things and putting things into place like no other lol , and we do have the experience of doing so ...oh yes we have made a heck of alot of mistakes ....we learned from them though.

Even the way things are done now ......send a Carrier battle group to sit of somewhere or even when Japan was opened up by Perry lol......that was a thing that we did long before and it was called Gun boat Diplomacy (Palmerston did that as did many others to lol)

Not being cheeky but many many many things that the USA does us over here do look at at times and say yup we tried that and nope it didn't work then and won't now either. We even tried being a Republic and found out that nope that didn't work as the power goes to peoples head .....better to have someone above that that can (and genuinely the Monarch can, although I doubt they would, over ride the Govt, and I would suspect that for me any way that if it got that bad and the Monarch did step in then I would follow her banner as opposed to any politician, infact I spent a long time following her Banner lol , as we do not swear allegiance to the flag we swear it to the Monarch and there heirs an successors (yes Tez there ids more to the oath that you I and many others have taken when accepting the Queens shilling but lets not complicate matters lol).

That is why and this prob will get me banned us over here at time do get kinda pissed off when we are looked on as the little brother as in fact it the other way around really ...we created you guys not vice versa (yes there are other nationalities too ) but in essence when I lived stateside and some said anything I said look I can almost be very certain where you came from ie if you are white (No I'm not being racist in any way) then it pretty certain looking at your features that you are from northern European descent ............I can and I would have a fair bet that Tez could too ....look at city names and say yup that is or comes from us over here or nope that germanic origin or Nordic .........jeez lol even your 1rst president's name ummmm is a town over her lol and I think that is where his ancestry came from

Anyways I'll prob get banned now lol

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No your first point isn't a joke at all ...but there was more than the PR behind it

the rest of your points esp 3 is spot on ....however it backfired as the people they sent or forced etc well they were from parts of the UK that were ummm not exactly overly supportive of the Crown (and esp at the time of your War of Independence being that not that long before there was the last of a series of rebellions here, and incidentally there was a story circulated over here that there was a Crown offered to Charles Edward Stuart but he declined said ....probably because he was drunk at the time and also his english was almost non existent lol)

Another thing among many you may know is that your declaration of Independence does infact bear some very significant resemblances to one that was written over here but a heck of a lot earlier over 400 years earlier and I am not being nasty in saying that or trying to be ignorant )

The thing that I have encountered and my daughters still do is the word Scots-Irish .....there is really no such thing at all lol you are either one or the other lol not both , The scots-Irish as they are called are nothing more than Protestant scots that left Ireland (mostly the north, ie Ulster and they were only there as they had been forced there by the crown and then after the famines they or alot left ...ok some may have been born there so really they were Irish as such but very few Protestants back then would say that lol but thay another story and really in most ways doesn't concern, well sorta, but lets not go there lol

Even the General that fought for the crown Cornwallis was not of the first division by any means and the troops he had were ummm well how say we say not the best by any manner of means (no I'm not saying that to defend Cornwallis in any way ) the best of the best were somewhat busy elsewhere with other troublesome folks we had to deal with who were closer to home. Couple that with German Geordie thinking he knew better and that as I said a miscalculation had been made in who was sent there to "colonize" (ie Scots would not have faced scots ...regular front line highland regiments in the order of Battle would not have faced other Scots as they would have been their kin and well that would or could have caused mutiny) all mounted up to a disaster waiting to happen. It was also mooted that really the States were really to big to actually govern and India was a better bet and was the focus really and well it did go on to become the Raj, even there when "Britain" withdrew and partition happened that was in many ways orchestrated to cause trouble (controversial yes ) as ......well let them fight it out among themselves and it then means they won't bother us lol ...well until they need something and that kinda bore out lol, sorry that another story lol

Even your Civil War .....had Mr Davis accepted the offer of British Troops then there would be two "Americas" and he refused our Queen . He thought oh no they want to recolonize and that really was not the reason at all lol ...the real reason was that we wanted to split the continental USA as in two halves it weaker than in one whole, that together with our Queen at the time did not like Mr Lincoln at all ...but I am sure that some or most will disagree with what I have said but believe in this Britain is a master above all others in playing things and putting things into place like no other lol , and we do have the experience of doing so ...oh yes we have made a heck of alot of mistakes ....we learned from them though.

Even the way things are done now ......send a Carrier battle group to sit of somewhere or even when Japan was opened up by Perry lol......that was a thing that we did long before and it was called Gun boat Diplomacy (Palmerston did that as did many others to lol)

Not being cheeky but many many many things that the USA does us over here do look at at times and say yup we tried that and nope it didn't work then and won't now either. We even tried being a Republic and found out that nope that didn't work as the power goes to peoples head .....better to have someone above that that can (and genuinely the Monarch can, although I doubt they would, over ride the Govt, and I would suspect that for me any way that if it got that bad and the Monarch did step in then I would follow her banner as opposed to any politician, infact I spent a long time following her Banner lol , as we do not swear allegiance to the flag we swear it to the Monarch and there heirs an successors (yes Tez there ids more to the oath that you I and many others have taken when accepting the Queens shilling but lets not complicate matters lol).

That is why and this prob will get me banned us over here at time do get kinda pissed off when we are looked on as the little brother as in fact it the other way around really ...we created you guys not vice versa (yes there are other nationalities too ) but in essence when I lived stateside and some said anything I said look I can almost be very certain where you came from ie if you are white (No I'm not being racist in any way) then it pretty certain looking at your features that you are from northern European descent ............I can and I would have a fair bet that Tez could too ....look at city names and say yup that is or comes from us over here or nope that germanic origin or Nordic .........jeez lol even your 1rst president's name ummmm is a town over her lol and I think that is where his ancestry came from

Anyways I'll prob get banned now lol
Before the rant of modern USA vs Britain, basically all of that falls in line with what I learned in school, no differences. Even the Jefferson Davis thing and the magna carta. So the education itself is probably pretty similar, although I would bet on both aspects (the american civil war, and the american seccesion from the UK) we go into more depth, but I don't know that for certain. What Americans take from what they learned is another story, most of the people I know understand the history if you ask them directly, but that may just be who I place myself around and where I live.

Regarding the rest, We don't consider you a little brother, but neither are we your little brother. We may have come from you, but we made an active choice to separate, fought a war to do so, and don't need the UK to think of us as a little sibling. Regarding the whole white thing, I'm primarily cuban. When I went to spain, they assumed I was northern-spanish. My last name is germanic (great great grandfather is my only german ancestry), and the people I've met from northern europe think I'm irish (I'm about a third irish). So many people in the US, at least where I live, are a mix of a bunch of different races, that assuming you can know someone's race by their look is a pretty risky think to assume. That's true whether someone looks black, white or any hue in between.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
magna carta

Before I go further it not the magna carta lol ........................wrong time period. the document I referred to was written in 1320 ...the Magna Carta was written 1215 .....that over 500 not 400 hundred lol and written in a diff country

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Before the rant of modern USA vs Britain, basically all of that falls in line with what I learned in school, no differences. Even the Jefferson Davis thing and the magna carta. So the education itself is probably pretty similar, although I would bet on both aspects (the american civil war, and the american seccesion from the UK) we go into more depth, but I don't know that for certain. What Americans take from what they learned is another story, most of the people I know understand the history if you ask them directly, but that may just be who I place myself around and where I live.

Regarding the rest, We don't consider you a little brother, but neither are we your little brother. We may have come from you, but we made an active choice to separate, fought a war to do so, and don't need the UK to think of us as a little sibling. Regarding the whole white thing, I'm primarily cuban. When I went to spain, they assumed I was northern-spanish. My last name is germanic (great great grandfather is my only german ancestry), and the people I've met from northern europe think I'm irish (I'm about a third irish). So many people in the US, at least where I live, are a mix of a bunch of different races, that assuming you can know someone's race by their look is a pretty risky think to assume. That's true whether someone looks black, white or any hue in between.

I get you on the race thing as it is the same here just a bit further back lol, Even Scotland is in terms no more than being called after a tribe the "Scoti" who actually came from Ireland lol, Where I live we have more Norse blood than anything really and you can actually be fairly accurate with that, You can actually see it in the features believe it or not lol , but that could be as we are smaller and more remote lol.

Actually when you touched on Spanish, there are parts of these isles that you can see surnames that do in fact allude to the time of the Armada esp up shetland way lol and the Fair Isle, you can or used to see the name Perez yet they were and are born there and thave been for centuries lol and yes the features do stand out and certain things do reoccur, There is a family here that actually you can tell (or locals can lol) who they are by the very way they carry themselves ...you may not believe it but it true lol

I wasn't ranting at all sorry if it came over like that and honestly you are one of the few that seems to actually know history, as many do not

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before I go further it not the magna carta lol ........................wrong time period. the document I referred to was written in 1320 ...the Magna Carta was written 1215 .....that over 500 not 400 hundred lol and written in a diff country
500 is over 400. But I get your point. I misread, the constitution took some stuff from the magna carta, if you're scottish then I'm guessing you're referring to the declaration of Arboath? Not the best at dates clearly, but you'd be right that I only learned about that in college history classes, not in k-12.

But again, at least in the circle of people that I talk to, most of the information about how it works is known. From what I remember from k-12 schooling, I would not be surprised if the people saying "we never learned that" actually just were asleep or playing cards (yes that happened) when the teacher taught it.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
500 is over 400. But I get your point. I misread, the constitution took some stuff from the magna carta, if you're scottish then I'm guessing you're referring to the declaration of Arboath? Not the best at dates clearly, but you'd be right that I only learned about that in college history classes, not in k-12.

But again, at least in the circle of people that I talk to, most of the information about how it works is known. From what I remember from k-12 schooling, I would not be surprised if the people saying "we never learned that" actually just were asleep or playing cards (yes that happened) when the teacher taught it.

Now you really have surprised me with the declaration of Arbroath

Yes I am a Scot, actually if you ask me when I am overseas I will say that, at home I'll say first I'm an Islander and then a Gael, but that only back home.

You obviously know but there are many who do not that The united Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is and are seprate counties, Yes England and Wales and to some extent Northern Ireland share the same Law but Scotland does not we have our own lol and it is very different in places to that of The rest of the UK,GB &NI and again you will know that there is a difference between UK, GB and UK GB &NI lol.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What History did we have with the USA before as you put it colonization? Are you referring to the Northmen or the Templars ?
Well, I think we were largely British before we were a British colony.
No, I'm sorry Steve but you aren't going to make this into something it's not. That you have problems with my wording is your problem not mine, that you are trying to shitstir is not my problem. You consistently try to make my words mean something they don't, you have done it for years and continue to do so. In the guise of being a so called 'peace maker' you actually pour oil on the fire.

You have actually no idea what I'm talking about, again and seek to turn it into a confrontation. I will not have it. I had you on ignore for a long time because of your comments about my posts, always putting me down and making out I meant something I didn't as you are here. I thought you had stopped doing that, I was wrong obviously so off you pop to ignoreland again. I get that you want to patronise me, that you like to make out that I'm 'unself aware' wasn't that your words on the mentor's site? Oh and all the other comments, none flattering about me. I don't carry a grudge I just don't forget.
I'm not trying to turn this into a confrontation. I'm trying to lighten things up and makes a few jokes. And when you say things like "lynch mob" I am educating you about cultural/historical connotations you seem unaware of (considering you are not American).

Regarding the comments I made, I think it's a real shame you are still holding on to those comments and I regret that they were tough for you to read. That said, you've said some pretty mean things to me and about me to others, and still I like you. Truly, you're ascribing to me some pretty hurtful things right now.

Truth is, then as now, I like you well enough to call you on your BS when it comes up. I do it because I like you, not because I don't like you. And it bothers me that you had me on ignore because you missed the 9 times I agreed with or complimented you only to focus on the one time I disagree with you.

Now that that's out of the way... who is this no-touch BJJ guy again? I'd like to take a look at his website.

Latest Discussions