Fixing the training model

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well it doesn't matter what they personally believe, its still fraud. I'm sure there's plenty of killers who don't think they're actually committing a crime when they're murdering people, but fortunately saner minds think otherwise.

Mens rea.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That "BJJ instructor" should feel fortunate that he isnt operating in the states....

Oh because you would shoot him of course just for being something you can't stand.

That's an ill disguised swipe at the UK by the way, we are more tolerant of people who are believe differently from us, even if we think they are bonkers but then we don't tolerate Nazis marching on our streets. You get rid of nutty martial artists, we get rid of Nazis, sounds right.

At the moment we all feel fortunate we aren't operating in the 'States', especially females.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
. You get rid of nutty martial artists, we get rid of Nazis, sounds right.

At the moment we all feel fortunate we aren't operating in the 'States', especially females.

That's an interesting interpretation of things. As I recall the Nazis kicked the crap out of you guys before Russia/USA(mostly russia ) saved your bacon.

Now you are becoming another Islamic state, which isn't exactly 'safer for women', by any stretch.

You're so cute. *Cheekpinch*

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh because you would shoot him of course just for being something you can't stand.

LoL! No one would be shooting anyone (with a gun at least). He'd just get taught a lesson, and be humiliated.

That's an ill disguised swipe at the UK by the way, we are more tolerant of people who are believe differently from us, even if we think they are bonkers but then we don't tolerate Nazis marching on our streets. You get rid of nutty martial artists, we get rid of Nazis, sounds right.

The vast majority of Americans don't tolerate Nazis in their streets either. Myself included. Please don't lump all Americans with the views of a tiny idiotic minority.

I agree.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not if he believes it. Silly and misinformed, deluded, but not a fraud.

holy crap... I don't think he's suggesting the guy should be shot. Dang...

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Can we all agree that there are some very concerning things going on everywhere, and discuss politics elsewhere?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can we all agree that there are some very concerning things going on everywhere, and discuss politics elsewhere?

Agreed. We should also all agree that no touch/ki stuff is BS and should be considered as such.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting interpretation of things. As I recall the Nazis kicked the crap out of you guys before Russia/USA(mostly russia ) saved your bacon.

Now you are becoming another Islamic state, which isn't exactly 'safer for women', by any stretch.

You're so cute. *Cheekpinch*

Silly boy, you really shouldn't believe everything you see on your television. However you are becoming a right piece of work with your comments and complaining others are being nasty to you.

Love from this 'cute' daughter of a concentration camp survivor ( the rest of the family didn't survive) who is going high when you go low.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Agreed. We should also all agree that no touch/ki stuff is BS and should be considered as such.
I think almost everyone does. The point contention is whether no tough bs taints everythjng else, or can the guy also teach some legit stuff. Imaginary or not, the point tez seems to be making is that the "BJJ guy" who teaches the no tough BS also teaches legit ma skills. This is a matter of opinion and i think both sides make good points. I personally wouldn't want to train there.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoL! No one would be shooting anyone (with a gun at least). He'd just get taught a lesson, and be humiliated.

Not if his BJJ is better than yours. I have already said his self defence techniques other than the 'no touch' KO were excellent. When he leaves that out he's a damn fine martial artist. I'm not going to cry because he believes in one idiotic thing.
Vigilante so called 'justice' is not our way here, we prefer to sort things out without behaving like spoilt children.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not if his BJJ is better than yours. I have already said his self defence techniques other than the 'no touch' KO were excellent. When he leaves that out he's a damn fine martial artist. I'm not going to cry because he believes in one idiotic thing.
Vigilante so called 'justice' is not our way here, we prefer to sort things out without behaving like spoilt children.
Come on, tez. Stop making this a usa vs UK thing. You guys have plenty of problems as do we.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't want to train there.

and that's how it should be, personal choice, threatening to go and bash someone because you disagree with the training methods is a very childish thing to do.

I've seen his self defence techniques which as I said were very good, better than many I'd say, especially the ones that teach women such nonsense. There is a disconnect between the class where he teaches the no touch stuff and his self defence, BJJ and other classes. I don't know why, I wasn't actually interested enough to find out.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, tez. Stop making this a usa vs UK thing. You guys have plenty of problems as do we.

However Muslims aren't one of them. Perhaps though you'd care to remember that whenever I say something you didn't like you accused me of being anti American.
The comment I answered was specifically about country.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that when jesus is coming back to kill everyone.

Either way that can't be good

According to my 'Xtian' stalker, not everyone will die, his group will be ascending to heaven, the rest of us are going to hell. PARTY!!!

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You also said that Abernathy's self defense techniques were "excellent" as well, so that's not saying much.

In the end, it wouldn't be me anyway, since I'm currently injured. It would be the Bjj community as a whole.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Silly boy, you really shouldn't believe everything you see on your television. However you are becoming a right piece of work with your comments and complaining others are being nasty to you.

Love from this 'cute' daughter of a concentration camp survivor ( the rest of the family didn't survive) who is going high when you go low.

Being nasty is your forte, I wouldn't expect anything less.

That doesn't change the fact that what I said is objectively and factually correct.

- if it wasn't for the USA/Russia you would be typing in German right now. No historian would dispute this.

-the most common name in England right now for males is Mohammed, or some variation of that.

Dislike all you want, facts are facts

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
The last census showed that about 5% of the English population identifies as Muslim. Not exactly an Islamic State.

How about we discuss martial arts rather than bashing countries and religions?

I agree, this has gone far enough off topic.

Latest Discussions