Filipino Food?

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Stay away from the Bagoong! Its like a stinky shrimp paste. My mom cooked it once inside and it stunk the entire house up for a month.

eric10

White Belt
Reaction score
Arnisandyz, That's funny stuff. I remember my mom would cook fish and stink up the whole house like fish. I hated it. She would cook the whole fish, eyes and all.

arnisandyz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ahhh!! the fish with the head! Only thing worse than the smell and seeing seeing the blown out eye sockets is seeing my mom and dad pick at it with thier hands. We use to have a local fish market by our house that used to save the heads for my mom to make sinigang.

My favorite Filipino dishes are Adobo, Afritada, Crispy Pata, Beef Tapa with a fried egg and rice, bisteak, Lumpia, Arroz con Pollo, Pancit, Barbeque on a stick...My mom has already taught my wife to make most all of these, so I'm eating good.

and don't forget the desserts!
Lecheflan, Halo-Halo, Puto, Polboron. My mom also makes this thing called "food for the gods" ...its really good but has tons of butter in it.

Something funny....My wife told me at the McDonalds in the Philippines they have a McLongonesa Value Meal served with eggs and rice!

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
WHAT! NO SIOPAO! I like pancit bihon and canton, adobo, tocino, afritada, lumpia, pandesal. My other half is from Cebu, but she doesn't cook much. I've tried the shrimp paste, didn't like it. I also didn't like mung bean cakes.

Latest Discussions