Favorite PC and console games

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Haven't put any money down on Halo 3, but I'm tempted too. It looks great.
If you get the "Legendary" edition, it has extras that take up four CDs and comes in a life size Molinjir armor!

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have a Gameboy Advance with a few of old Nintendo games, Mario 1,2,3 and I want to get Sonic the Hedgehog too...I used to have a Sega Gamegear (I think, the portable Sega) and Sonic was my first game on it :)

Hey, the older games still rock ;) All I have is a Gameboy Advanced. I play Sonic, and Mario 1, Crash Bandicoot Big Adventure, Frogger, and Tetris, a lot. Oldies but goodies ;) I almost have Crash beat, but I'm having a hard time with it now.

For PC, I like puzzle games like Jewel Quest, Bejeweled 1 and 2, Zuma, Shape Shifter, Gamehouse Solitaire, Super Collapse, ect. I play the free-be games on Realone Arcade to try new stuff once in a while.

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well I played Call of Duty 3 last night and I am already sending that one back. Not my cup of tea.

I haven’t preordered Halo 3 yet, I loved part 1. I could run and pick up weapons and throw grenades and wipe out the flood. Then part two came out and I had so many choices use the sword, two weapons, one weapon and grenades. And playing as (drawing a blank on the name all that comes to mind is the Locusts) but playing as the enemy was hard I kept stabbing my own team members in the back as they all look alike.

And I am looking forward to H3 but I don’t know I think Gears set a new standard and I have a hard time playing anything else I seem to just compare game play and none yet hold up? I hope I am not ruined now LOL

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm not one for video games, but the guy that lives upstairs from me got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas and it's brilliant!!! Although last time we were dressing up glam rock style (platforms and bandanas ahoy!). Makes a great drinking game too.....

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
PC:

Patrician

Oblivion

Morrowind

Total War Rome

AOE (the whole series)

Emporer

X-Box:

Call of Duty

Morrowind

DOA

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not one for video games, but the guy that lives upstairs from me got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas and it's brilliant!!! Although last time we were dressing up glam rock style (platforms and bandanas ahoy!). Makes a great drinking game too.....

My kids have been begging for Guitar Hero, but it's something like $80. I started wondering if there was a cheap knock off of this game. I found something better, a FREE knockoff for the PC (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) called Frets on Fire.

Basically you hold your computer keyboard like a guitar, the F1 - F5 keys become the 'frets' and you tap the <ENTER> key as a pick.

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

I just wish I would have waited until Christmas to install it. Yeah, I can be that cheap! lol!

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I use to be a big fan of both Ultima Online and Diablo II. These days I don't play many games unless I do a round of Mario Baseball with my son.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
PC: Diablo 2 (Expansion) is incredible. I love StarCraft & WarCraft, Age of Empires, stuff like that. However I REALLY LOVE COMMAND & CONQUER: GENERALS. TOO MUCH FUN.

Console: Rainbow Six & Splinter Cell are great. I love ANY Medal of Honor. The Punisher was fun. Soulcaliber III...

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
anyone have any good Wii games? so far best if found is zelda and thats not really my thing

gkygrl

Green Belt
Reaction score
I love the Wii. Some of my favorites are:

- Guitar Hero III
- Elebits
- Raging Angels
- The Godfather (a bit violent as expected)

I am not a gamer per se but the Wii makes me look like one almost :)
Oh, and the Sports disc that comes with the console is a lot of fun too. You can really get a nice little workout.

Cheers!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting to see this thread and find out just how there seems a high degree of commanality in terms of which games MA's like :D.

For myself, there is only one console game ... well console series I suppose is more accurate ... and that is Gran Turismo. I must be Sony's worst nightmare for a customer as I'll buy their console but only to play GT :lol:. I have to admit to being rather serious about it ... to the extent that if a friend visits and sees a calculator in front of the TV they instantly know I've been playing :eek:.

On the PC, it's harder to pick only one out of the many FPS's, RPG's and Strategy games. Age of Empires has been played every week (in it's various incarnations as the franchise developed) since it came out all those years ago. Currently playing Oblivion and not liking it in some ways (mainly because I'm very poor at the combat) and realising that my newly upgraded PC is still not powerful enough :D.

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pong, Astroids, Pac-Man....haven't really played too many since my college days. I still play the old Wolf3D games sometimes....my kids and grand kids play all of these new hi-tech games. Boy, i just realized that i am getting old.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me, mainly Madden and Tiger Woods on the PS2. The gf and I occasionally play Gladius, and we've been looking for another decent multi-player RPG.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sniper elite sounds like a cool game. ill have to check it out one of these days.

actually i didn't play video games for eight years or so..virtually none. i come from the days of super nes with streetfighter, mortalkombat, supermario,also plane game i think it was top gun. etc. actually i had the first nintendo with the gun and the crazy gyroscope game. then the supernes. i was a big streetfighter fan.

now that ive gotten myself xbox and ps2.
ive played and finished ninja gaiden- (trying to find time to finish it on hard now), acecombatsquadronleader, ac belkanwar(last mission), jade empire(what a trip), mortalkombat and deadoralive.

played some tenchu,rainbow 6 tennis for the wii, thought it was interesting but am not otherwise too into the wii. tried the yakuza game blue steel or something but didn't enjoy it that much.

i have farcry for xbox and played it with friends but havent really gotten into it yet. actually i had acecombat lying around for a while before i soared through the whole game. it was awesome. that's why i was hoping for a ps3 or xbox 360 but that little runt of a christkind majorly disappointed me last night..:) could be playing assassins creed now already..that's another game id like to checkout - so it goes...the graphics for the new games are absolutely stunning- i am really looking forward to the day i get one of either ps3 or xbox 360- though ill probably opt for the ps3 first.

i must say, i miss the streetfighter and im hoping to find a good substitute for the original on xbox or ps2. the beauty of streetfighter was that it was still fairly simple yet challenging. that's why i cant enjoy dead or alive quite as much because i would need more practice and spend much more time learning the moves- and there are quite a few.. also don't really have a good playing community which also takes away the desire or need to practice alone that much...just like in real life ma. however, now over the hollidays, ive been playing ninjagaiden finishing few missions and continuing to try finish on hard level.

j