Farrah Fawcett dies at 62

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
'Charlie's Angel' Farrah Fawcett dies at 62

By BOB THOMAS, Associated Press Writer Bob Thomas, Associated Press Writer – 5 mins ago
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_en_tv/us_obit_fawcettLOS ANGELES – Farrah Fawcett, the "Charlie's Angels" star whose feathered blond hair and dazzling smile made her one of the biggest sex symbols of the 1970s, died Thursday after battling cancer. She was 62.
The pop icon, who in the 1980s set aside the fantasy girl image to tackle serious roles, died shortly before 9:30 a.m. in a Santa Monica hospital, spokesman Paul Bloch said.
Ryan O'Neal, the longtime companion who had reunited with Fawcett as she fought anal cancer, was at her side, along with close friend Alana Stewart, Bloch said.
"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," O'Neal said. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."
She burst on the scene in 1976 as one-third of the crime-fighting trio in TV's "Charlie's Angels." A poster of her in a clingy swimsuit sold in the millions.

capt.3fac7cf2281a46efbedcfcaa11832f4b.aptopix_obit_fawcett_nyet503.jpg

Probably one of the most beautiful women I've known when I was a teenager. I had one of those posters myself at one time (til my mom took it down)...
Showed that even a blonde can still be an awesome actress with her more dramatic roles (Burning Bed, etc).

A brave fight, a sadder loss.

:asian: RIP Farrah

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do not about everyone else but as a young man here poster was hanging over my bed. Rest in peace my Lady.

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw a special on Farrah and her battle with cancer. I was impressed with her courage and general good attitude. Rest in peace.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a sadness when beauty, physical or of the spirit, passes from us.

I only recently heard of how ill she had become and still hoped that she could win through.

Some battles cannot be won, no matter how brave the fighter.