Eye jab(biu jee from wc&jkd) vs tiger claw

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I did some distance learning. The hardest part was my forms. Every time I would send out a video there would always be 1 or 2 things that I messed up. And it's hard to correct that stuff virtually sometimes. But I'm grateful for my sifu pushing me and striving for excellence even though it was distance learning and most of our training was over video. Some things like you said need to be hands on learned. But I did learn a great deal and even though I didn't get all the forms down I learned alot about practical application and mindset and strategy. So it was a good experience and I'd do it again. I learned a little bit of kung fu but I'm still a novice. But what I did learn was excellent stuff. I'm gonna be looking for a teacher in my region from a similar style so I hope I find something where I can make trips in person to get corrected hands on.
The hardest thing for me When I first started kung fu was getting rid of kung fu movie references. The way kung fu moves in the movies isn't the same way it moves in fighting.
Sometimes it’s the only option that you have at the time. One of the dangers of distance learning is that you may be doing a technique or sequence incorrectly and not know it, which becomes a bad habit over time.
The biggest disadvantage for me is that I'm application focused and zi learn applications better when I get a chance to have it applied to me. It helps me to better understand what is happening and where I should be applying the force.

For me I think a lot of my understanding comes from the mind set "when the body receives the force in this manner; this is what happen to them and this is what happenens to me while applying it."

I then used that information to help me understand similar forces. If I wasn't focused on application then I may have trouble learning. But keep in mind that this is how I learn and nit how others learn.

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I SO enjoyed that. Gave me a nice laugh.
If I had the tech talents like my brother does, I'd make a huge 2 or 3 hour video just of clips of stuff like that. It does make me laugh too. Lol

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I had the tech talents like my brother does, I'd make a huge 2 or 3 hour video just of clips of stuff like that. It does make me laugh too. Lol
There’s a real long list of things I wish I knew how to do. That one is right there in the top tier.

Latest Discussions