Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's one hell of a cool find. Wow.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
So the take away from that is.
In Brazil , in the 50s you could just go down to the beach , push a much smaller man to the ground , grab his girlfriend by the arm and make her go off with you by force.

And she would be totally ok with that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In Brazil , in the 50s you could just go down to the beach , push a much smaller man to the ground , grab his girlfriend by the arm and make her go off with you by force.

I think it was a take on the old Charles Atlas "kick sand in the skinny guy's face" advertising campaign that was hugely successful back in the 1940's more so than any social comment on Brazil or it's people.

30hnfro.jpg

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I am lost with this, you did cite Girlfriend.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Didn't you know that women are but prizes to be won in competition between men, with no agency or volition of their own?

I mean, that's what popular media (including those Charles Atlas ads that Buka mentions) have been telling us for decades if not centuries. They wouldn't lie to us about something like that, would they?

Latest Discussions