Dolls on a Plane

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Terrorism threat puts snag in new Robert Munsch book

Tale of dolls on a plane can't make it past airport security

Toronto Star
January 19, 2010

Just as Robert Munsch's work was taking off after battles with his health, an attempted terror attack grounded his latest project.

A tale by the renowned Canadian children's author about a child sneaking dolls on a plane has been put on hold given the heightened security at airports after the attempted Christmas bombing of a plane in the United States.

The article goes on to point out that a child could not carry a bag on an airplane under new regulations. Munsch, a prolific author of children's books, is just getting back to publishing after taking time off because of illness.

Full story below...

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/752510--terrorism-threat-puts-snag-in-new-robert-munsch-book

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They've had it with those m--f--ing dolls on that m--f--ing plane!! :lol2:

Last edited:

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That reminds me of a funny story - a grandmother I know who was flying with her grandchildren was carrying one of those ultra-realistic dolls. (This was a couple years ago.) She cheerfully dumped it down on the X-ray conveyor belt, and a chorus of horrified gasps erupted from the rest of the line behind her.

Because she has an evil sense of humor, she stayed totally deadpan through the whole thing.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
That makes think about that scene from Spinal Tap with the foil wrapped cucmber down the pants...probably'd lead to a cavity search nowadays.

It's a different world.

Peace,
Erik

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate cavity searches, but Inga's the worse...cold hands, large thumbs, a habit of whistling while she works......er, sometimes I think I share too much here......

Oh look, a pony!

:D

OP
Gordon Nore

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
...carrying one of those ultra-realistic dolls. (This was a couple years ago.) She cheerfully dumped it down on the X-ray conveyor belt, and a chorus of horrified gasps erupted from the rest of the line behind her...

When you say, "ultra-realistic dolls," you're talking about a baby doll, right? :)

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I hate cavity searches, but Inga's the worse...cold hands, large thumbs, a habit of whistling while she works......er, sometimes I think I share too much here......

Oh look, a pony!

:D

You know I almost took that job....but they said my knuckles were too small.:angel: