Does anyone know this guy

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have met Mr. Williams a few times and even taught Aiki at his school when he was in Indiana, I was just wanting to know if any of you know him because he has made some questionable claims to me personally and a lot of other people check out this site if you know him I would like to know more about his past http://nkytsunamidojo.com/staff.html

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I know is I meet him once about ten years ago and he was a 10th degree in like 7 or 8 different arts and was inducted into like five hal of frames. I had the chance to listen to a converstation he was having with another BB and could not believe everything I was hearing. I hear he has good techniques when it comes to forms and weapons but to be honest with you I have never ever seen him do anything. He was at the seminar as a guest and not an instructor.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I do know his students do have very nice looking Kata, but I like you have heard many of his claims and find them hard to believe, I wish I could find someone that knows of his past because they trained with him or whatever

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
All I know is I meet him once about ten years ago and he was a 10th degree in like 7 or 8 different arts

Man, that is a bunch of very high rank for one person to accumulate. That would be the thing that would make me question him. It just seems nearly impossible to get that much high rank in one lifetime.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man, that is a bunch of very high rank for one person to accumulate. That would be the thing that would make me question him. It just seems nearly impossible to get that much high rank in one lifetime.

I agree with that. It is hard to get a legitimate 10th dan in one lifetime, much less a couple.
Avoid him and go for someone who you can be sure is legit.

AoG

Last edited:
OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with that. It is hard to get a legitimate 10th dan in one lifetime, much less a couple.
Avoid him and go for someone who you can be sure is legit.

AoG

Believe me I never intend to be a student of his never have, I just know of his stories and taught at his school a while ago I never was a student, I was just doing some research his name came up in my memory bans and thought I would ask

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
All I know is I meet him once about ten years ago and he was a 10th degree in like 7 or 8 different arts and was inducted into like five hal of frames. I had the chance to listen to a converstation he was having with another BB and could not believe everything I was hearing. I hear he has good techniques when it comes to forms and weapons but to be honest with you I have never ever seen him do anything. He was at the seminar as a guest and not an instructor.

Reading his website over his claims to rank are.
8th dan in Shotokan
6th in Aikijitsu
Kobudo Black Belt rank
Iaijitsu/Kenjitsu highest rank given

From his website he has been studying the martial arts for over 50 years. Not ever having met him or read aboout him etc. etc. the sword rank is what I would question, but the other rank doesn't seem to far out of line with 50 years in martial arts study.

Mark

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Reading his website over his claims to rank are.
8th dan in Shotokan
6th in Aikijitsu
Kobudo Black Belt rank
Iaijitsu/Kenjitsu highest rank given

From his website he has been studying the martial arts for over 50 years. Not ever having met him or read aboout him etc. etc. the sword rank is what I would question, but the other rank doesn't seem to far out of line with 50 years in martial arts study.

Mark
I would also be curious about the iai/kenjutsu rank. I'd first want to know who gave it, because it is possible that the org. doesn't use a kyu/dan sytem. Perhaps a menkyo/kaiden system? I'm not familiar with iai or kenjutsu orgs, so I can't really even hazard a guess. Don't know but it seems odd to simply say 'highest rank given' without specifying the org.

Not familiar with him in any way until this thread.

Daniel

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Edit: Never mind; I was posting a link that I thought was the same man, but upon closer inspection, it is not.

Daniel

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would also be curious about the iai/kenjutsu rank. I'd first want to know who gave it, because it is possible that the org. doesn't use a kyu/dan sytem. Perhaps a menkyo/kaiden system? I'm not familiar with iai or kenjutsu orgs, so I can't really even hazard a guess. Don't know but it seems odd to simply say 'highest rank given' without specifying the org.
That and the "black belt rank" in "Kobudo." That would be like me going to an interview and saying I have a certification in "computers."

Latest Discussions