DIY stipple job on a couple of my firearms.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been doing som stippling with a 5.00 Wal Mart 30w soldering iron. It has a length adjustable ball point tip which is all I use since it leaves a nice "pore" that sucks in skin. I have been stippling my firearms wherever its applicable and I have also stippled a surefire G2 and Gerber axe with great results. This would also work wonders on plastic hi-cap mags such as the Magpul Pmag etc...infact, it works on anything that is plastic.

XD45STIPPLE.jpg

XD45STIPPLE1.jpg

XD45STIPPLE2.jpg

XD45STIPPLE4.jpg

XD45STIPPLE5.jpg

XD45STIPPLE6.jpg

XD45STIPPLE15.jpg

XD45BENELLISTIPPLE6.jpg

XD45STIPPLE9.jpg

XD45BENELLISTIPPLE3.jpg

XD45BENELLISTIPPLE5.jpg

I also use Mob grip tape on top of the slide on my pistols to enhance my slide manipulation abilities. Grip tape is the only option since I wont dare take a hammer and a punch to any of my guns.
XD45STIPPLE3.jpg

XD45GRIPTAPESLIDE1.jpg

XD45GRIPTAPESLIDE2.jpg

XD45GRIPTAPESLIDE6.jpg

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks good. Very attractive.

I've seen DIY stipple jobs on Kel-Tecs and on Hi-Points that I liked but never on a magazine.

Personally, I'd be reluctant to do a stipple job on a mag out of concern that it would grip up too much and impair insertion or removal.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your skill with the iron is to be commended. Most of the time, when I see people doing DIY stippling, they end up making the frames look like their dogs chewed on them.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
nice work...I've done my Glocks and I think they both turned out pretty well, this procedure definitely enhances the "gripability" of the gun.

OP
BLACK LION

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
I really appreciate the feedback everyone.

I will post up some pics of my SF G2 light, gerber axe and some carry knives as soon as I can.

OP
BLACK LION

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks good. Very attractive.

I've seen DIY stipple jobs on Kel-Tecs and on Hi-Points that I liked but never on a magazine.

Personally, I'd be reluctant to do a stipple job on a mag out of concern that it would grip up too much and impair insertion or removal.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Polymer Hi caps only sit so far in the mag well, so there is plenty of real estate left to stipple without impeding fit or function.
I am speaking generally of AR and AK type rigs since they are very common and both have a market full of polymer mags. Pistol mags are generally a no go becuase they do not protrude from the mag well.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am speaking generally of AR and AK type rigs since they are very common and both have a market full of polymer mags. Pistol mags are generally a no go becuase they do not protrude from the mag well.
This is where you went left and I went right. I thought you were talking about pistol mags. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't breathe too much of those plastic fumes, Lion. Rather have you healthy and here with us. :)

Your work excellent! I have to admit, usually when I hear DIY stippling, I cringe inside because I don't want to know how it looks. Not so this time.

OP
BLACK LION

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice KT!!!!

I have a G17 inbound after years of being anti Glock. I guess the light finally came on that I am just being ignorant.

What kind of holster is that? It looks like a Raven concealment on dopeamine. I want one.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very nice KT!!!!

I have a G17 inbound after years of being anti Glock. I guess the light finally came on that I am just being ignorant.

What kind of holster is that? It looks like a Raven concealment on dopeamine. I want one.

Yep! :D

and yes, Raven Phantom LC (light-carrier)...great piece of kit. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that the belt loops are a little fragile due to the thinner kydex. Of course, if you're using other attachment methods (like blade-tech loops), there's no problem.

Stick Dummy

<b>"Great Guro Wizard of the Gun and Knife"</b>
Reaction score
Nice clean job and a heck of a lot easier than checkering......

Latest Discussions