Did you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you agree there exists no such footage. Good.
I don’t know and frankly I don’t care. You’re one of these silly kids who think just because it’s not online it means it doesn’t exist...well guess what not every club posts everything on YouTube. You asked if these styles kicked things. There have been plenty of responses mine included which confirm that they DO kick things but you just ignore it or try and discredit it. The fact that you are so bothered about what every other style does shows me all I need to know about you.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don’t know and frankly I don’t care. You’re one of these silly kids who think just because it’s not online it means it doesn’t exist...well guess what not every club posts everything on YouTube. You asked if these styles kicked things. There have been plenty of responses mine included which confirm that they DO kick things but you just ignore it or try and discredit it. The fact that you are so bothered about what every other style does shows me all I need to know about you.

Yet I pulled footage of the International TaeKwonDo Federation having a club doing it without even having to type in the word "pad", "mitts" or "bag".

I am not bothered by anything. I asked a simple question. Would I garner this type of response if I asked if Boxers hit a heavy bag?

They clearly don't kick things at a regular basis. Just admit that and let's discuss why.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yet I pulled footage of the International TaeKwonDo Federation having a club doing it without even having to type in the word "pad", "mitts" or "bag".

I am not bothered by anything. I asked a simple question. Would I garner this type of response if I asked if Boxers hit a heavy bag?

They clearly don't kick things at a regular basis. Just admit that and let's discuss why.
Good for you go ask your mom for a cookie for being so clever.
No I won’t admit that because plenty of people have given you answers saying that they DO. I trained at a place that did it every single class so no I will not admit to your extremely inaccurate point and it is obvious there is absolutely no point in having a discussion with you

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Good for you go ask your mom for a cookie for being so clever.
No I won’t admit that because plenty of people have given you answers saying that they DO. I trained at a place that did it every single class so no I will not admit to your extremely inaccurate point and it is obvious there is absolutely no point in having a discussion with you

Well again, I take what you claim with a touch of salt and a Big mac. You also claimed Gishin Funakoshi advocated sparring, when what he promoted was one and two step-sparring, that is predetermined attack and defense sequences, not free sparring. His son Gigo however introduced free sparring.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That is NOT a Shotokan class. Will you ever learn?
You should learn to be a little more observant. Notice that there are at least 3 heavy bags, 5 shields and a bunch of focus targets... that all look well used... in a school that teaches JKA Shotokan Karate.

Here you go, same school, different video:

Looks like a class to me... at least three students working heavy bags... in a JKA Shotokan school. (One black belt, one green belt... can't see the belt of the 3rd guy)

They have a ton more videos using heavy bags... but you are right, most of the videos are showing the drills, not showing the class doing them... that does not mean they don't do them in class...

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well again, I take what you claim with a touch of salt and a Big mac. You also claimed Gishin Funakoshi advocated sparring, when what he promoted was one and two step-sparring, that is predetermined attack and defense sequences, not free sparring. His son Gigo however introduced free sparring.
Lol no I didn’t because I don’t know about that stuff it’s not my area....you see I only talk about things I know...try it sometime. Go look back you will not see me involved in any of those discussions....keep up

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Lol no I didn’t because I don’t know about that stuff it’s not my area....you see I only talk about things I know...try it sometime. Go look back you will not see me involved in any of those discussions....keep up

I'm 99.9%. sure it was you who made the claim that Gishin Funakoshi advocated sparring. I apologize if I mistook you but my trusty old photographic memory usually doesn't let me down.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm 99.9%. sure it was you who made the claim that Funakoshi advocated sparring. I apologize if I mistook you but my trusty old photographic memory usually doesn't let me down.
Well I’m 100% sure I didn’t.....because I didn’t

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well I’m 100% sure I didn’t.....because I didn’t

Let's get back to finding the footage, shall we? Wouldn't it be great if you shut me up with JKA Karatekas doing modern class training? :)

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You should learn to be a little more observant. Notice that there are at least 3 heavy bags, 5 shields and a bunch of focus targets... that all look well used... in a school that teaches JKA Shotokan Karate.

Here you go, same school, different video:

Looks like a class to me... at least three students working heavy bags... in a JKA Shotokan school. (One black belt, one green belt... can't see the belt of the 3rd guy)

They have a ton more videos using heavy bags... but you are right, most of the videos are showing the drills, not showing the class doing them... that does not mean they don't do them in class...

Exactly.. Show me a class doing it and I'll eat my shoe. Anything modern you have to do by yourself is their motto. Which is ironic since kicking and punching air is precisely the thing you can do by yourself!

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Exactly.. Show me a class doing it and I'll eat my shoe. Anything modern you have to do by yourself is their motto. Which is ironic since kicking and punching air is precisely the thing you can do by yourself!
One class doing it was not enough? Okay here is another, from a different school even.
Now, lets see you eat that shoe...
(well darn... Danny beat me to that video... still, thats two classes now of Shotokan using heavy bags)

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One class doing it was not enough? Okay here is another, from a different school even.
Now, lets see you eat that shoe...

lmao, thats the same clip as before. I can open a school and call it Shotokan. Stick to the established organisations.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lmao, thats the same clip as before. I can open a school and call it Shotokan. Stick to the established organisations.
JKA is not main stream or established enough? My first class was from a JKA school... with lots of heavy bags, that get frequent use.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
JKA is not main stream or established enough? My first class was from a JKA school... with lots of heavy bags, that get frequent use.
Don’t even bother it’s a waste of time. Let him believe whatever fantasies he wants to invent

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Its a hybrid gym. but nice try

We specialize in:

*Shotokan Karate-do*
*Karate for MMA*
*Kickboxing*
*CARDIO KARATE*

*Practical Self Defense*
*MMA Training*
*Olympic Karate*
*Okinawan Weapons*
*Wrestling*

Claycomb Academy of Martial Arts, Fontana Karate | Japanese Shotokan Karate, Kickboxing, Wrestling Lessons, MMA Training, Self Defense School, Kids Karate, Adult Martial Arts, Rancho Cucamonga CA, Rialto CA, Bloomington CA, North Fontana, Inland Empire

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
The original question was
"Did you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?"
Some people responded yes.

Then he added it had to be a video.
When videos were shown he added it had to be of a class.
When a class was shown he added it have to be a JKA school.
Now it has to be a JKA only school.

The goal posts keep getting moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.