DFW International Airport To Host 26-Foot-Tall Anubis Statue In Celebration Of King Tut E

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DFW International Airport To Host 26-Foot-Tall Anubis Statue In Celebration Of King Tut Exhibit
clear.gif

Author: Artdaily.org Source: Artdaily.org
clear.gif

Title: DFW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO HOST 26-FOOT-TALL ANUBIS STATUE IN CELEBRATION OF KING TUT EXHIBIT

fire.gif
clear.gif
DFW International Airport welcomed the ancient Egyptian jackal-headed god Anubis, guide and protector of the dead, to the Airport's popular Founders' Plaza today, celebrating the successful conclusion of the "Year of the International Traveler."

The 10-ton, 26-foot-tall statue, which will "deck the skyways" with a giant candy cane staff, will be on display to celebrate the "Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs" exhibit showing at the Dallas Museum of Art (DMA) through May of 2009. Santa and his helpful elves joined a crowd of well-wishers to greet Anubis at Founders' Plaza today, and air passengers will get a unique view of the statue from the north end of the Airport on thousands of upcoming holiday flights.
Options: [Read Full Story]
Originally from Wren's Nest

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am soooo hoping that exhibit is still going on when I head back to Texas in May.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Course......I'm now trying to imagine the God of the Dead wielding a mighty candy cane.....

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is probably the reason there are Zombies on the highway in Dallas.

LOL.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They are hosting a 26 foot tall god statue on public property?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, with all the troubles these days, that is just what I'd need to see.... you get to the airport and they have a giant God of the Dead waiting for you......

I'm takin' the train!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well,

Anubis is still actively worshiped today, yes, though I doubt most American's recognize him as little more than something Egyptian. It's a simple promotion for an Egyptian museum display, which isn't a suggestion for anyone to convert.

And, if someone put up a 26' Giant Jesus statue, with him nailed to a candy cane, yes, people would complain, and the loudest would Christians Im sure.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes. So are a good number of the "Old Gods". Druids in the UK actively seek to worship in the old rings, Pagans in Greece seek to again worship in the old temples, modern day Vikings call upon Thor and Zeus, etc.

The reasons are numerous, some it's tradition, some it's disillusion with modern religions, some it's just "cool".

Worship of Anubis - (Note, I googled the link, I haven't dug through it, this is just an example, there's probably better)
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/druid/53/anutemp.html

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well,

Anubis is still actively worshiped today, yes, though I doubt most American's recognize him as little more than something Egyptian. It's a simple promotion for an Egyptian museum display, which isn't a suggestion for anyone to convert.

HEy, If I could get my own army of the dead, I might just convert...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't think that's offered, otherwise I might switch too. Then again, Isis is a lot hotter than Anubis. ;)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm bringing my Vorpal Sword and THACO next time I go through Dallas.

Latest Discussions