Dennis Conatser @ Mountaineer Martial

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
Jas,
It was great to finally meet you and work with you. You are always welcome out here, especially now, Tess and I have decided to adopt you into the family.

Thanks Seig, I will make it out every chance I can get. :asian:

And don't be too hard on those students tonight.:) :D ;)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
...to a round-robin sparring session that left us with soaking wet foreheads and a steamed-up door, boy, can Mr. Farnsworth jump.

Hey now, don't let out my secrets! Castillo is running around here somewhere. A guy still needs to have a little something extra hidden in his back pocket of tricks.:eek:

On another note. Chronuss thank you for taking me back to the airport.

K

KenpoGirl

But your Description of the Seminar and everything that went on, really Sucks ........ I mean leaves a lot to be desired. :angel:

Tess anyway you could fill in some of the blanks for those of us that would like to live vicariously through you lucky people. ;)

:D

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
On another note. Chronuss thank you for taking me back to the airport.

No, problem, Jason. it was good talking to you on the way down and I hope those pictures develop.

Originally posted by KenpoGirl
But your Description of the Seminar and everything that went on, really Sucks ........

I think we've just been lazy and haven't felt like typing it all or posting the pics. TESS!!! ...beast. :angel:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
But your Description of the Seminar and everything that went on, really Sucks ........ I mean leaves a lot to be desired. :angel:

Tess anyway you could fill in some of the blanks for those of us that would like to live vicariously through you lucky people.

You just had to be there.:asian:

K

KenpoGirl

You just had to be there.:asian:

Well :p to you.

Maybe one day when I win the lottary and can afford buzz down to WV or AZ or TX when ever I like, then it will be pocket change, now its this months rent so no can do my dear. At least for now. ;)

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Seig
are absolutely true, some are mostly true, a few are even somewhat true, the rest is just made up. IF any body cares to kno which is which, I'll tell them, but may charge a small fee
Friday, March 14, 2003.
I departed Chez Seigel at 10:08 am, after a brief rest of 9 minutes, to head on down to Alexandria, Va to pick up the Golden One. At 11:33, I interrupted his lesson with one of my fellow students, Mr. Guy Philbin. Mr C came out into the 30 degree weather wearing his shorts and t-shirt, took one look at the fuel conserving Honda Rebel 250 that I had ridden down. Tapping me on the shoulder, he said, "Seig, where am I going to put my suitcase?" (Ok, so I made that up, journalistic license) We loaded the SeigMobile and then headed to Dulles, International to get International Man of Mystery, Jason Farnsworth. After circling the passenger pick up and not seeing Mr. Farnsorth, I simply stopped the car, looked at a group of people and yelled, "Boot to the Groin." It was then an easy matter to find Mr. Farnsworth. Mr. C told me that Jason would fit on the handlebars of the Honda Rebel 250....Nevermind. We then proceeded to get them checked into the Taj and headed out to Mountaineer Martial Arts. We started the evening lessons.....I'm going to stop there for now. I will continue this story later. I will leave you with this, every time we have gone somewhere, Mr. Farnsworth is wipping out a $20. Must be nice.....
And now for the second installment....
Time: Friday evening
Place Mountaineer Martial Arts
After leaving the hotel, we departed to Chez Seigel to pick up Tess. After fending off the viscious man eating beasts, she escaped out the door and made it to the car. We introduce Tess to Mr. Farnsworth, and yes, her Biceps were bigger.:D We then took the 20 minute drive to the school. I needed to pick a few things up from the store, bottled water for me, gatorade for Jason, and chocolate milk for Mr. C. While I was gone, Mr. C started Tess and Jason on some coordination drills and stance work. I got back and we continued with that and started work on Striking set. After about 2 hours of that, we went to dinner. At dinner, Mr. C dazzled the ladies and kept the rest of us entertained. After dinner, we headed back to the school. We got the kids class started and Mr. C watched some of it and ran some if it. He did mostly drills with the kids and they loved it. Once we bundled the kids out, the fun began. For the first half (read: hour)of the class, I worked everyone's collective butts off, working forms, techniques, sets and sparring. Once they were exhausted, I turned them over to Mr. C. After some observations, encouragement and insights, he began showing everyone how they could be so much more than just really good. He spent the next hour showing everyone how by changing what they were doing by a mere inch changed the entire execution of wherever their particular problem area was(ie. Leg retraction, foot angle, point of origin, path of action, etc.) This class which began at 7pm was now running til 9:30 At this point in time, I reminded Mr. C that I had been up for 30 hours and that we should wrap it up. Half an hour later, we did just that. I watched 20 exhausted people file from the room. We then headed to Denny's for a midnight snack. The party broke up about midnight. Tess and I took Mr.C and Jason back to the motel.

Saturday morning
I had my alarm set for 7:30 am, but alas, Allegheny Flicker and Flash, aka Allegheny Power, decided to let me sleep for an extra 15 minutes. I awoke to realize I was 15 minutes behind schedule. I hurredly dressed and ran out the door to meet my guests. When I got to Mr. C's room, I found him working Jason. Luckily, I rescued Jason by taking them to breakfast at the Golden Corral for the breakfast buffet. We then retrieved Tess, who does not do early morning breakfast, and headed to MMA for a lesson with Mr. C. Unfortunately, I kept having to leave the lesson to answer the phone. People were calling, asking me dumb questions about the seminar. When I say dumb, I mean people that I told the night before what time, asking what time. In the time I was able to give my undivided attention, we worked on striking set and other assorted basics. We continued until 11:30, when my assistants started showing up to help set up for the seminar. We then headed the mile and a half to the college and began setting up. We had approximately 50 people at the first session, Every day actions that can be used in Self Defense Mr. C began the session, by explaining the Preparatory Considerations. Once he did that, he moved on to proper body mechanics and proper body alignment. Once he was satisified with the general performance of the predominantly beginner group, he went on to explain and demonstrate how basic every day actions translate into self-defense. Once he showed everyone how to think, he made them think. He did this by making them devise their own scenarios and demonstrating possible defenses. He also made them explain what every day action it derived from. Not long after, we wrapped up session 1. We took about a 30 minute break and began the Kenpo Tools seminar. For anyone that has not been to a Kenpo Tools seminar by Mr. C, all I will say is get to one. Mr. C explained Kenpo tools, and how they work. From there we segued into Coordination Set 2. Once that session finished, we organized and headed to Frederick,MD where we descended upon the Dragon Buffet. Pictures will be up in the next few days. Another long day wrapped up about 9pm. Sunday morning, we did breakfast again and then headed to the school. Jason was met by Chad (Chronuss) and taken back to the airport. Tess adn I spent the next 4 1/2 hours being worked by Mr. C. We then had to take him back to the airport in Baltimore. Much was discussed and plans are being formed. We will have Mr.C back again soon, and in addition will be doing another seminar, most likely in September.

K

KenpoGirl

That' was a great essay, giving us a great idea of your busy weekend.

Bravo to you, Tess and Dennis for putting on what sounds like an excellent weekend.

Dot

:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
To Seig, Tess & all the Mountaineer Martial Arts crew, for all their kindness and warm hospitality! I always enjoy teaching students that really want to learn Ed Parker's American Kenpo. He would be proud to have more groups like yours within his framework.

Keep working hard as your actions thru training will serve as yet another welcomed addition to the large following of American Kenpo.

:asian:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You asked for it :)

Here's a Group shot from the first half of the Seminar .. :)

Attachments

• $seminargroup.jpg
    $seminargroup.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 149

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. C. for putting me through my paces ~!! *still twitching* *G*

Can't wait til next time~!

Jason.. it was great to meet you finally face to face.. hope you can come out again soon.. oh btw..finally was able to try the German Chocolate coffee.. oh it's GOOD !~! *G*

Neeners Ricardo...

Will let Seig post some pics later.. think he's got a few comments to make on some others :)

Thanks again for a very good weekend!~

Tess

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
Jason.. it was great to meet you finally face to face.. hope you can come out again soon.. oh btw..finally was able to try the German Chocolate coffee.. oh it's GOOD

Glad you liked it. :D

Will let Seig post some pics later.. think he's got a few comments to make on some others :)

:eek: I hope there weren't any photographers there during the sparring class. :eek:
Some things have to be kept secret form Castillo.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you liked it. :D

:eek: I hope there weren't any photographers there during the sparring class. :eek:
Some things have to be kept secret form Castillo.

Oh I have those pics in the Vault.. and I'm the only one with key :D

S

Stick Dummy

Heh-heh :rofl"

"The Case of the Mysterious Flying Headgear"

"Crabs?? - We ain't got no Steenken Crabs!"

"Cup Check!"

Latest Discussions