Defend this, right wingers...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe he's not a strict follower? I find it amusing that when ones religious beliefs fit for you to make fun of them like here in this case its OK but when a Catholic decides not to want a female priest then its silly?

It's the hypocrisy. In a conservative state he ran on conservative family values, including his abstinence. It was he who made a point of it, and he who has turned out--like so many politicians--to be false to his own claimed ideals.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not being obtuse I just disagree with you. I don't think you should call one guy out for not following his beliefs and call another guy out for following his.

Well, not drinking is not offensive--so it's the hypocrisy there. Belittling women is offensive--they're holding to abhorrent beliefs.

Either way the real problem is drunk driving and how to get people to realize when they are and arnt ok to drive.

Full agreement. This is a big problem. We'll be reading about serious drunk-driving crashes tomorrow morning and on the 1st I'm sure.

I also wonder if .08 (the limit here) is a little low. I'm not sure I'm not an expert on alcohol effects on the body as far as BAC levels.

You mean, it'd be more fair to have it higher--like .10 or something?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's the hypocrisy. In a conservative state he ran on conservative family values, including his abstinence. It was he who made a point of it, and he who has turned out--like so many politicians--to be false to his own claimed ideals.

I have no problem with Calling him out for it. I just don't get the double standard of then calling out Catholics for sticking to there beliefs by not allowing woman priests.

You want to hammer him for not being a good Mormon great go for it.

You want to hammer Catholics for not allowing woman priests great go for it.

I just don't get it when you do both. Either everyone should follow their beliefs or they shouldn't don't pick and choose when you it gives you a good gotcha moment

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You mean, it'd be more fair to have it higher--like .10 or something?
I don't know about fair but when I first started police work the limit was .12 then it dropped to .10 and now its .08 with talk of going to .06. I have not seen a change in accidents however I've seen a huge jump in arrests or in other words fines and revenue for the state.
Now I'm not a doc so I don't know the effects between say an .06 and .09 or .10.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, not drinking is not offensive--so it's the hypocrisy there. Belittling women is offensive--they're holding to abhorrent belief.

It does not matter if you agree with the belief or not its not your belief. Offensive is an opinion what's offensive to you is not to me and vice versa.
The point is you can't blame someone for violation of his beliefs and turn and fault someone else for sticking to his

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just don't get it when you do both. Either everyone should follow their beliefs or they shouldn't don't pick and choose when you it gives you a good gotcha moment

Some of the beliefs people hold are very bothersome. I wouldn't approve of Mayan sacrifice, for example, no matter how sincere the belief.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It does not matter if you agree with the belief or not its not your belief. Offensive is an opinion what's offensive to you is not to me and vice versa.
The point is you can't blame someone for violation of his beliefs and turn and fault someone else for sticking to his

It was his pious statement as a politician running for office that I found hypocritical.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not being obtuse I just disagree with you. I don't think you should call one guy out for not following his beliefs and call another guy out for following his.

Either way the real problem is drunk driving and how to get people to realize when they are and arnt ok to drive. It will only get worse with the legalization of drugs on the horizon. People will believe they are OK to drive when legally they won't be. I also wonder if .08 (the limit here) is a little low. I'm not sure I'm not an expert on alcohol effects on the body as far as BAC levels.

you are not even discussing the same points, how can I disagree with you?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some of the beliefs people hold are very bothersome. I wouldn't approve of Mayan sacrifice, for example, no matter how sincere the belief.

Well that's illegal so nobody's talking about killing people. Drinking or not in and of it self is not a crime. not hiring woman to be priest is as far as I know not a crime either I guess you could sue for discrimination but I dont know how that works

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well that's illegal so nobody's talking about killing people. Drinking or not in and of it self is not a crime. not hiring woman to be priest is as far as I know not a crime either I guess you could sue for discrimination but I dont know how that works

well, raping children is illegal...is it about the same as having a woman priest?