Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I seem to have a little more flexibility so far. Still working on the 10 minute workouts. Doing 2 days on, 1 day rest. Still not ready for a roll as an extra in 300 pt 2. :)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I goofed up my neck a while back, and fell off the wagon as it were. Planning on restarting later this week.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't felt the need to see a chiropractor since mid-April. Even with hurting my neck, I think it recovered faster than it used to. My back's a hair more flexible, nothing to jump for joy over, but feels a wee bit less tight than it used to. So I think I saw a little improvement, even with not doing it for over a month.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks, Glad to hear it is helping your back.

I am very interested in DDP Yoga.

I am hoping to get back to Power90 (not P90X, old Power90) in the Fall, if my knees hold out, but after that is done I may pickup DDP Yoga.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just watched a story on real sports about this. Makes me interested in giving it a try.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey Bob you said this program really helped your back pain? That's what I'm interested in I've got some messed up lower disks and if this helps even a little its worth a try

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not currently doing it regularly, once or twice a week, but I cut my chiropractor visits way back since starting it. Right now the area that's still bugging me is the neck. My lower backs been doing ok. For me, the big questions is how it does when it gets cold again. That's when it usually starts locking up on me.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not currently doing it regularly, once or twice a week, but I cut my chiropractor visits way back since starting it. Right now the area that's still bugging me is the neck. My lower backs been doing ok. For me, the big questions is how it does when it gets cold again. That's when it usually starts locking up on me.

So even without regular use you noticed a slight difference?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I noticed some differences. I hit it decently the first month and saw some changes, mostly a little more flex and a little less lockup that required a chiro visit. Even with not doing the workouts daily, I still stretch out a few times a day which might also be helping. I only did 2 of the workouts on the discs due to time constraints but the 10 minute one was an *** kicker. You wouldn't think so watching it but both me and my wife were quite surprised by the intensity. I like that you can go at your own pace and limits, and push as you can. I eventually was able to touch my toes, something I haven't had the flex to do since high school. I think you can see at least 1 of the workouts on Youtube, or at least parts of it.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Bob you said this program really helped your back pain? That's what I'm interested in I've got some messed up lower disks and if this helps even a little its worth a try

Not to derail things, but you might check out MECA Back Institute. I'm supposed to be receiving the Wedge soon, because I know some folks who are swearing by it.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you'd like a more extensive preview, Goldstar video has one of DDP's early yoga workout sets under the name "Yoga for Regular Guys". Looked interesting, but I still think I like Rodney Yee's stuff better. JMHO, as always.

Latest Discussions