Daz 3D Studio

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using Daz 3D Studio? Any pointers are most welcome. Thanks if you do!:)

M

MisterMike

I haven't heard of it? Is it shareware? What's it do?

I've heard of 3D studio max, but I'm sure they're diff'rnt. :)

OP
mj-hi-yah

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OOps sorry MisterMike I forgot about this thread...I actually have since downloaded the beta version, and it's soooo kewl! You can create 3D animation in this program. I think it's similar to what they used to make Spiderman. I'm having some problems using it, just because it's new to me, but eventually after you create a scene you can take 360 degree pictures of what you create, video and I think stills...not really sure of it all yet, but there are lots of camera angles you can use to catch what you create. Right now I'm having trouble keeping my fairy (a freeware model) in her clothes LOL because you have to associate the objects before you pose the people but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Anyway here's the web page where I found it:

http://www.daz3d.com/

M

MisterMike

Thanks MJ. I'm going to check that out. I've seen some cool 3D stuff like Bryce and 3DS Max (I work there...kinda) but don't have the time to learn them all. :)

OP
mj-hi-yah

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MisterMike said:
Thanks MJ. I'm going to check that out. I've seen some cool 3D stuff like Bryce and 3DS Max (I work there...kinda) but don't have the time to learn them all. :)
I think there is a definite connection between Bryce and this program, as I got an e-mail today for some Bryce products from the Daz 3D site. Cool that you work there kinda lol! If only there could be more time to learn it all though huh? The problem is, just when you get it something new and improved comes out... it's hard to keep up.

Latest Discussions