Datu Hartman and Guru Parsons

OP
P

progressivetactics

Sorry about the delays.....i have been busy with our first fund raiser for Marissa Marks (which raised about $900), and out of town for a seminar.

I should have flyers to Ms Spiro by weeks end. I will also stop by Guardian MA....I know where they are!

Thanks, and great job networking sir!!!

bb

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by TallAdam85
it was for a sparing classes not arnis

Yes...I know. I frequent Dan's Freestyle karate seminars because I find them very useful to my other arts. I've popping in to see him since 94'. Plus, I used to love point sparring. When Jaye has him in town we try to make it a point to hang out; but I also make it a point to attend his karate seminars.

:cool:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by PAUL
Yes...I know. I frequent Dan's Freestyle karate seminars because I find them very useful to my other arts. I've popping in to see him since 94'. Plus, I used to love point sparring. When Jaye has him in town we try to make it a point to hang out; but I also make it a point to attend his karate seminars.

:cool:

Yes, I made one such seminar last year. MAybe we meet?

:D

We will know on the 6th :asian:

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sir,

Do you have Fliers for the Benifit Seminar Yet?

Thanks

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My Intentions are and were to cover some Modern Arnis Basics, at this seminar.

I was thinking about some Stick and dagger? and single stick.

:asian:

OP
P

progressivetactics

Rich: Sir, that sounds great! We will have stick and daggers ready!!!

Seigi, Yes. I will bring them by on Friday, and I sent you an email version yesterday!

OP
P

progressivetactics

Paypal is now available for donations, on my site.
http://www.progressivetactics.com/stud.html

if you wish to pre-pay or just donate, you can do it here, at the bottom of my student page.

Thanks again for everyones tremendous support! We do appreciate it!

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been out of arnis for a while and just started getting back in to it is the semair going to be more advance stuff or basics just wondering to see if i should get people who are in arnis already or people who are in martial arts and want to learn it

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been out of arnis for a while and just started getting back in to it is the semair going to be more advance stuff or basics just wondering to see if i should get people who are in arnis already or people who are in martial arts and want to learn it

There will be something for everyone!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I hope to have stuff for Beginners and for those that are a little more advanced a word or two and an additioanl move or timing for them to digest as well.

Please everyone of all ranks and exposure show up. It will be fun. :D

:asian:

OP
P

progressivetactics

I have been selling it to all my students and friends, parents of young students....everyone, despite age/skill level. Even if someone just learns how to pick up a stick and attack someone with it, it is worth the $45.00 to them, and definatly as a fund raiser they are doing a good thing. For those like you and I with some experience, we can add to what we know.

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
hay mr hartman sir think u could bring a pair of rattan sticks I wanted to buy them from your site but I think if you could bring them it would save alittle on shipping.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hay mr hartman sir think u could bring a pair of rattan sticks I wanted to buy them from your site but I think if you could bring them it would save alittle on shipping.

Not a problem.

OP
P

progressivetactics

Datu, I stopped in today and dropped off some flyers with an old friend of yours, Curtis Butler. He is trying to re-start his arnis program, and was happy to see other people involved also that he can train with. He said he will support it and try to get some of his adults to participate, as most of the kids in his program haven't really taken to the sticks yet.

I am stopping in to see Sensei Spiro on Thursday, as every day I have tried thus far, she has been closed. She just sent me an email she will be available Thursday morning.

I also stopped in Guardian Martial Arts in Garden City, as you suggested. Thank you very much! Besides them being very receptive to training with you, they seem like great people and we have immediatly developed a martial arts brotherhood type bond. It was 45 minutes of great exchange, even without my hyping the clinic... So sir...Thank you!!!

I will keep you posted on how our turnout is coming along!

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have been emailing schools all over michigan and mailing out flyers to alot of schools. Now how many will show not sure but they will at least know about it.
But anyway

Sir if you want to bring some sluppy to sell like videos, training equipment....anything you want to sell. I think maybe bring a few extra sticks to sell incase some one needs new ones or frogets theres. Any way let me know if u want us to put up a card table for you. You could at least try to rase some money for you since your doing such a good thing for us.:asian:

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
can u guys think of any more schools in Michigan Any at all I got a few coming but I want a lot of people there so the fundrasior turns out great. Let me know if u can think of any schools

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
School Name: Tracy's Karate
Address: 4879 Hayes
Sterling Heights, MI
Phone: 810-532-0543
Head Instructor / Rank: Keith Curts, 4th Deg. Black Belt
Style: Tracy's Kenpo
Associations: Tracy's Karate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School Name: Urban Warrior Self-Defense Systems
Address: 238 Jennings Rd.
Whitmore Lake, MI
Phone: 517-546-1498
Head Instructor / Rank: Gary Perez, 3rd Deg. Black Belt
Style: Chinese Kenpo, Chuck Sullivan
Associations: IKCA
Description: Video course with ranking available. Mr. Perez also blends in Jujitsu with Kenpo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School Name: United States Kenpo Karate Academy
Address: 480 N. Hilton Park Road
Muskegon, Michigan 49442
Phone: 231-788-1143
231-727-0523
Head Instructor / Rank: Shane P. Funderburg
Jim R. Wymer
Style: Ed Parker's American Kenpo
Description: We are a American Kenpo Karate school that teaches the original art as taught by Ed Parker and handed Down through the Family Tree. Our instructor was Mike Kerns, who learned From Jay T. Will, who learned From Ed Parker.
Email Address: Mr. Funderburg and Mr. Wymer

School Name: Tracy's Karate Studio
Address: 30485 23 Mile Rd.
New Baltimore, MI
Phone: 810-598-7337
Head Instructor / Rank: Tom Troshynski
Style: Tracy's Kenpo
Associations: Tracy's Karate
Description: Also teaching Tai Chi, Shootfighting, and Cardio Kickboxing

School Name: Castro's Progressive Martial Arts
Address: 50940 Shelby Rd.
Shelby Twp., MI 48316
Phone Number: 810-739-3233
Head Instructor / Rank: Randall Castro
Style: Ed Parker's American Kenpo
Associations: AKKS

Latest Discussions