Datu Hartman and Guru Parsons

P

progressivetactics

Datu Tim Hartman and Guru Rich Parsons have volunteered to teach a Modern Arnis and Balintawak clinic at the Warren Main Ukiyo Dojo on Saturday, September 6th, from 1-4 pm.

This is a Charity event to raise money for Marissa Marks, a little girl, almost 6 years old who was born fine, but through her immunizations, her body has started having seizures, sometimes multiple per day, similar to epilepsy. She is no longer able to walk, and has to be fed through a tube in her stomach.

This Super event is Only $45.00 (canadian at par)
Open to all, martial arts or not...any orginization or independants,
Non political event.....Just need sticks, training knife, and an open mind, and good attitude.......and of course your Donation of at least $45.00 for Ms Marissa Marks.

Warren Main Ukiyo Dojo is located at:
11380 Kaltz - Warren, MI. 48089 - (586) 756-1536
http://www.ukiyodojo.com/
To register, or for more information, please contact me at
313-520-2057
or
P/M-email me here, or my web site at
http://www.progressivetactics.com

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to seeing you at the seminar!

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
it should be a good time!
It will be at the school I train At it should be a good work out I want to see more then just people from Michigan but people from all over I want to see people from everywhere. Come on people the school is huge and if we have a realy big turn out we got the up stairs as well and if it is a nice day we have a huge backyard to train in as well but I hope we have a big show up come on it is for a good cause.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
:asian: :asian: :asian:

OP
P

progressivetactics

Thanks Adam.
As Adam mentioned, not only is there a huge training floor, there is a padded upstairs room for additional training...so any hardcore people can break off and work additional stuff, if they desire!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope to see a lot of old friends and hopefuly new people turn out to this event.

It is for a good cause.

:asian:

OP
P

progressivetactics

That is right..it is a good cause so your money will be well spent!

Also, for all of you who have talked about wanting to meet Guru Parsons, and knock sticks with him.....Here is the perfect opportunity!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by progressivetactics
That is right..it is a good cause so your money will be well spent!

Also, for all of you who have talked about wanting to meet Guru Parsons, and knock sticks with him.....Here is the perfect opportunity!!

Mr Barker,

I believe that most of them want to knock my head with their stick(s). :D :rofl:

OP
P

progressivetactics

Well, I guess we can put that up for donations, right?

How much to knock Guru Parsons with the stick? Do I have $100?

We have a ponytailed master in our TSD org that has offered to have his pony tail cut off for 1 price, and head shaved for another....

we'll see if we can get it!

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hope to see all of you there also!?!

Peace

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
could they set up a site or link where we could paypal donations for those of us who can't go to the seminar?

its really easy to set up... just go to www.paypal.com and plug in the numbers... it takes credit cards and direct debits from checking accounts. The money is placed in a paypal account that is easily transferrable to a regular checking account so you can get the cash out.

-N-

OP
M

Ma_Kuiwu

On behalf of Marissa,

I sincerely thank all of you who have shown interest in Marissa and her cause. The support has been incredible, all those who have contributed have done so without ever setting eyes upon this child.

There is an old passage in the Vinya. The Buddha said "If you do not tend one another, than who is there to tend to you?"

Truly the spirit of the Bodhisattva is alive and well in all of you. The eternal gratitude of this child is surpassed only by that of myself, Marissa's father, and her Mother Jen.

could they set up a site or link where we could paypal donations for those of us who can't go to the seminar?
For those of you who wish it a PO Box is set up to collect donations for Marissa's therapy, treatment and other needs.
Craig Marks or Jen Marks
PO Box 150076
Grand Rapids MI
49515-0076

May peace be your guide and serentiy light your way.
Namo Amitoufo

Respectfully
Craig T. Marks

Zhuxi Shaolin Taiji Tanglang (Praying Mantis)
Mid Michigan Martial Arts Association
Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society

OP
P

progressivetactics

thanks Craig. Glad we could do something to help out a child in need!!!

My web designer hasn't finished my pay-pal on my site yet.
You can also send donations to:
Progressive Tactics
PO BOX 664
Dearborn Heights, Mi. 48127

Thank you for your support!

OP
M

master dave

I will be there you can count on it! but lets not forget the July 30th fund raiser. its a kick a thon and a break a thon. please come out and support it. i have contacted fox 2 news and hopefully we will have some media coverage as well. if god is willing i will break everything in site for this child. ps, my poney tail is up for bids and for the right donation ill shave my head. yikes
location / brownstown recreation center
brownstown Michigan. telegraph and king road
the fund raiser starts at 6:00pm
please e mail myself or master barker for directions or how you can donate to this worthy cause.
Sincerly,
Master David A Zacker 6th Dan founder/
The Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society
Head/ Michigan Tang Soo Do
contact me at [email protected]
Marrisa! this is your night ! Master Dave is an old tough war horse! you found my weakness! your one special little girl!

OP
P

progressivetactics

thanks Master Dave.
Also........Master Dave has a PayPal on his www.tsdmas.com site. I think you can probably donate through there for the fund raiser!

Again, thank you everyone!

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by progressivetactics
thanks Master Dave.
Also........Master Dave has a PayPal on his www.tsdmas.com site. I think you can probably donate through there for the fund raiser!

Again, thank you everyone!

PLEASE set up a paypal account, it only takes a few minutes.
I can't afford a plane ticket and hotel, but I can afford 45 bucks to
the cause! I can't find one on Master Dave's site.

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Barker-

I talked to Jaye Spiro on thursday and she is looking forward to the event. Please make sure she get the flyers so she can promote the event. I also made a new contact with Guardian MA in Garden City. You may want to drop some flyers over there.

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jaye Spiro is going to be there. She is a very nice lady I went to her school once for a dan anderson seminar and everyone at her school was very nice I hope to see some of those people again at on the 6th of step at the school i train at

Latest Discussions