Cross Training between schools

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This comes by way of another thread and since we all have probaly cross trained with other schools from your styles, how has it gone. We have a open door policy, any school that would like to come train for the day just call or stop by to set up a time.
Terry

The MMA kid!

Green Belt
Reaction score
Master Stoker, I would like to invite your school to attend a sparring class at our school. I think it would be great to see different styles spar.

note: most of our adult class are new, and have not trained for more than 4 months, but we also have a couple of high-rankers if you have any Blackbelts in your adult class.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes we do and you know my wife Boriacutkd and I have agentleman who is doing the US open in february that could use some warm-up bouts. PM me the info. of times and maybe we can use my school more room, just lucky to have a big school.
Terry

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I cross train at sister-dojangs all the time. But it's with my best friend (she works at one dojang, and owns the other). And, of course, it's the same system, but she teaches totally different than my instructor here. Well, she has her own way of teaching the system. I think it's good to get other points of view, even if it's within the same system.

When I was in TSD, I trained at sister dojangs, AND at a few non TSD dojangs for fun. My old instructor didn't mind if we did this or cross-trained. He also invited other dojangs to attend clinics at our dojang. It was fun to work out with other dojangs/styles.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is not quite the same thing, but I belong to a group of instructors who come together and our students train on nearly a monthly basis-met Shu2jack at one of them!

It is more of a RCE-type training than a regular class as it is for competition. I've also had guest instructors come and train with my class. I think it good for everyone to experience the similarities and differences in training (and training & teaching styles).

Miles

Latest Discussions