Computer quotes

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, I ran into these on an ezine I read, and I thought they were pretty good.

.. a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match. ~Bill Bryson
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning. ~Rich Cook

And then, of course, there's the ever-true

To err is human... to really foul things up requires a computer. ~Anonymous

Does anyone else have any good computer quotes?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While not strictly computer related:
"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't."

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
"This job would be a lot easier if it wasn't for all those damn users" - myself, every day.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was going to post the "quote" of Bill Gates saying no one would ever need more than 640K memory, and then found out he never said that. Curse you Google!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was going to post the "quote" of Bill Gates saying no one would ever need more than 640K memory, and then found out he never said that. Curse you Google!

I thought it was 64k not 640k. ;) This was in the days of 8 bit machines and 32k of RAM was huge.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most computer problems are found between the chair and the keyboard

Latest Discussions