Rare photos of all-out polar bear attack!! (Churchill, Man.)

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... fortunately, it looks like the victim is expected to make a full recovery :lol:

Attachments

• $bearattack.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 146

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How about this one - from an email a friend of mine sent me.

Dog Pack Attacks Alligator in Florida:

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty. The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator", can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the pack mentality" bred into the canines.

See the remarkable photograph attached courtesy of Nature Magazine. The Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while another dog has a hold on the tail to keep it from thrashing. The third dog attacks the soft underbelly of the gator.

Attachments

• $dogs-attack-alligator.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 129

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I was about 8 years old we went up to Churchill to visit my Aunt and Uncle who were living there. Polar bears were known to wander into the town looking for food. She told us of a story where she walked into her living room to look out the window and see one staring at her. :eek:

Cute as that little guy is, when they grow up they are freaking huge!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye. It is unfair that something so dangerous can look so cute when young. Of course, humans do the same thing in reverse.

Note: Have just watched "Tears Of The Sun" so my opinion of humankind is not high right now :eek:.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You just wait till he grows up!

Oops my bad I thought it was a full grown bear being attacked by a 50 foot human :D

They are incredibly cute when young and as cute as they are young they are equally as dangerous when grown. Me thinkest that would be a very different situation if that were an adult polar bear

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They are the largest land carnivores on the planet. Capable of incredible feats. Traveling thousands of miles in a few weeks or taking on a full grown walrus when hungry enough. Absolutely incredible animals. Wonder why there isn't a Martial Art style named after them? :D

All babies are cute or perhaps we're brought up to think that way.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Found this photo in my archives (of collected internet photos...) this guy doesn't look like he wants to get wet... in about a couple hours he's going to whether he wants to or not... :lol:

Attachments

• $7.jpg
    $7.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 114

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They are the largest land carnivores on the planet. Capable of incredible feats. Traveling thousands of miles in a few weeks or taking on a full grown walrus when hungry enough. Absolutely incredible animals. Wonder why there isn't a Martial Art style named after them? :D

All babies are cute or perhaps we're brought up to think that way.

because they didn't live in China.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MA-Caver
They are the largest land carnivores on the planet. Capable of incredible feats. Traveling thousands of miles in a few weeks or taking on a full grown walrus when hungry enough. Absolutely incredible animals. Wonder why there isn't a Martial Art style named after them?

because they didn't live in China.
:rolleyes: details... sheesh!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then it's time we had a Japanese one :D. How about shiro kuma kamakaze? :lol:.

Latest Discussions