• Grappling

• Ground Fighting

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know what fighting range people here are most comfortable.

Mine is the elbow and knee range. I like getting in close and personal. Get me in that "phone booth".:D

OP
Zoran

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, one more thing. Sorry I didn't add the Colt 45 range. ;)

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I love the clinch, so I guess that's one for elbow and knee range. Let's not forget the headbutts either!

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have to say punch AND elbow/knee. But it depends on the oppenent.

/Yari

R

Richard S.

im gonna go with yari on this one,punching, elbow,knee,MAYBE a big, warm hug and a nice headbutt. but i was a boxer in the navy, and with what i know from Wing Chun, punching is my " comfy chair"...............respects.

F

fist of fury

Punching of course since my style deals with close range fighting.

K

KoshoBob

We work on dealing mostly with the punch since that is what you most likely will see on the street.

B

bscastro

I say I am comfortable in punching range, although I'm not uncomfortable in kicking or elbow and knee range. I want to be comfortable in all ranges eventually, but I would say right now that is my strength.

Bryan
:)

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For me, it depends on the situation. Outside/nice weather/good surfice? Kicking range. Indoors (bars), punching/elbow/knee range. Outside bad weather (snow, ect), punching range. I wouldn't even attempt to kick in these conditions ....eeeekkkk.

G

GouRonin

The "F" range, because either way, you're gonna have fun and someone is gonna get %$#@ed!
:EG:

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For fighting, my comfort zone is definately knee elbow headbutt range...when I feel threatened I can use that range the best to save my butt. If I'm sparring then I definately like kicking and boxing range.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

C

Chiduce

I perfer the elbow and knee range because it sets up for me the looping stomp kicks and conturing knee-strike stomp combinations! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A few years ago I would have said kicking range, but since I got back into kenpo I'm more at ease in the punching and elbow/knees range.

:asian:

T

Ty K. Doe

Since I'm not a big fan of pain (yeah, I'm a wuss), I like to keep 'em as far from me as possible. Because my legs are longer than most peoples arms kicking range is most comfortable for me.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pain is fear leaving the body........... slowly

(saw the quote on a t-shirt of a guy I was sparring, thought it was cool)

:asian:

S

Shinzu

i tend to like the kicking range. although i can use my hands in close combat too.

somewhere inbetween kicking and punching is good for me. not in too close, but not so far out of range.

Latest Discussions