combos

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night it seems the class was going to be the same thing, an chagis and bakkat chagis (inwards and outwards high kicks) and I came to class not so early so I was not warm, so I take the thigs slowly. As I progressed to the high kicks the sambunim didi something I really like, he changed to kicking combos, that's my thing!! We did, roundhouse kick (to the mid section) followed by the back kick using both legs, then we change to two roundhouse kicks plus the back kick with both legs.

It was nice to see that my midsection kicks were strong and that this kicks can hurt alot.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh baby, can mid section kicks ever so much hurt!

I managed to 'run' into side kicks a couple of times, I think that side bothered me for a LONG time...the kick slid in just under the short ribs...ouwie!

Whn my instructor gets fresh, she puts in exorbitant amounts of round kicks in the combos: 3, 4, 5 or 6, you really have to be balanced to pull that one off, and like I said, it's combos, the roundkick is just 'one' kick...the possibilities are endless.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
With the back kick, by "using both legs," do you mean one at a time, or is this some kind of crazy two-legged airborne kind of kick?

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
With the back kick, by "using both legs," do you mean one at a time, or is this some kind of crazy two-legged airborne kind of kick?

One at the time. Round hosue + back kick. When I wrote using two legs I mean one right and one left.

Manny

Latest Discussions