Combat between Kiai master and MMA fighter

wushu_fighter

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello guys,

sometime ago, I watched this video about a Kiai master that shows his skills in his martial arts school, and also fights against a MMA fighter to demonstrate how good is his art... Uffff! Can you imagine what happened?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting first post.
How about introducing yourself and giving us some information on what you study, how long , etc.
And why this for an opening post on the forum

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, it's a link that has been discussed at some length and across various different threads here, but thanks for raising again.

Apparently the Kiai master would have soundly defeated the MMA guy, it's just that the MMA guy did not appreciate that he was meant to first put himself into a state where he was susceptible to the Master's power-chi strikes. If the MMA guy had followed the rules, he clearly could not have won this fight.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
The mind is an amazing thing, in that case the instructor managed to not only get his own students to buy into the power of his ki, but also has apparently managed to deceive himself as well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes, it's a link that has been discussed at some length and across various different threads here, but thanks for raising again.

Apparently the Kiai master would have soundly defeated the MMA guy, it's just that the MMA guy did not appreciate that he was meant to first put himself into a state where he was susceptible to the Master's power-chi strikes. If the MMA guy had followed the rules, he clearly could not have won this fight.

:confused: ummm...and what state might that have been ;) :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The mind is an amazing thing, in that case the instructor managed to not only get his own students to buy into the power of his ki, but also has apparently managed to deceive himself as well.

And after the match...he still has students and he is still training them in the power of Ki

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have heard stories about these guys but never found any actual footage showing them, not that I was highly motivated to do so. And the stuff that people choose to believe is dumbfounding. Just sad....

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the "kiai master's" name and where he teaches/taught? I think I may have read the details in one of the earlier threads but I've forgotten. I would be curious to know if he still has students.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Absolutely. Obviously the Kiai master was holding back so as not to injure the poor "MMA fighter". The fact that he was willing to take it on the nose to protect his opponent is just further evidence of his high level of spiritual attainment. Too bad they didn't list an address on that video so we could all send him cash donations!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:confused: ummm...and what state might that have been ;) :D

The theory I have heard around the traps is that fighting competitively makes you resistant to the effects of the hardooken. Because you are already a bit ornery.

OP
W

wushu_fighter

White Belt
Reaction score
Interesting first post.
How about introducing yourself and giving us some information on what you study, how long , etc.
And why this for an opening post on the forum
I am a kung fu practicer. I learn shaolin kung fu and wudang taichichuan and I think that soon I will start with wingchun. I started learning some years ago, but I had a knee injury and I had to stop for some time. A few weeks ago I started practicing another time.

And I started here with this video because, in my opinion, it is really incredible all that is appearing there. It is incredible how students are affected by the energy of their master. Probably they are so influenced by the master that they really "feel" his ki.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
|
Now, now....
|
What I see is a staged event. REality-wise the same effect he shows on the students must work on the MMA competitor. So to me the total vid is a sham. And moreover as such, has no relevance to Ki, Chi, Qi, etc.
|
There are other vids out there demonstrating value of same. There's a story about Jon Bluming traveling to China to investigate some of these claims. He met with a Chinese Kung fu Master of some internal art. Reportedly, the Chinese Master gave a non-combat demonstration of Chi which Jon Bluming challenged as "impractical."
|
Whereupon, the Chinese Master, apparently insulted, walked up to Bluming & punched him in the shoulder. Bluming--feeling the function of his shoulder disabled, then said, "OK, that's enough." Jon then turned around and left.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
|
Now, now....
|
What I see is a staged event. REality-wise the same effect he shows on the students must work on the MMA competitor. So to me the total vid is a sham. And moreover as such, has no relevance to Ki, Chi, Qi, etc.
|
There are other vids out there demonstrating value of same. There's a story about Jon Bluming traveling to China to investigate some of these claims. He met with a Chinese Kung fu Master of some internal art. Reportedly, the Chinese Master gave a non-combat demonstration of Chi which Jon Bluming challenged as "impractical."
|
Whereupon, the Chinese Master, apparently insulted, walked up to Bluming & punched him in the shoulder. Bluming--feeling the function of his shoulder disabled, then said, "OK, that's enough." Jon then turned around and left.

I may be misreading your post, are you saying that the "kiai master" is a total sham or that what the video shows is a total sham?

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I may be misreading your post, are you saying that the "kiai master" is a total sham or that what the video shows is a total sham?
|
If the purpose of the vid is to show the efficacy of "kiai," then I'm not sure what the distinction is. Is it not a challenge match vs. "MMA?" Thought this was plain....
|
The "Master" is throwing students all over the place, then gets punched out by Mr. MMA guy? HUH?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
|
If the purpose of the vid is to show the efficacy of "kiai," then I'm not sure what the distinction is. Is it not a challenge match vs. "MMA?" Thought this was plain....
|
The "Master" is throwing students all over the place, then gets punched out by Mr. MMA guy? HUH?

I'm pretty certain the purpose is to show the lack of efficacy of those practitioners who throw people around without touching them.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain the purpose is to show the lack of efficacy of those practitioners who throw people around without touching them.
|
OK, for accuracy the Kiai Master got clocked. Following on, this raises the question about whether the students were in on a hoax, or merely passively assisting in some form of theoretical demonstration of what they think they are training to do for real.....
|
To me, it's about the dumbest (if not dumbest) expression of "Mastering" the martial arts out there,,,,
|
I don't have anything else to add in this T. You guys can go on poking fun.... to me it's a nonsense video in any respect.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this stuff isn't even rare, people want to believe that they can learn to do extraordinary things, I don't doubt that the students really believe that they were getting thrown by some unseen force, just another form of hypnosis.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AH Mr. Dillman, well what can I say other then he was once darn good but got to believe in some stuff to much and then sold it to his students instead of keeping with the stuff that made him his original reputation

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
|
|
I think the point of the video is as follows:

1) Ki is not the magical force from Star Wars.
2) Some people manage to convince themselves that it is magic and they really do have superpowers. (Possibly because they want so badly for it to be true.) If they are persuasive enough, they may gather a cult of followers who are hypnotized enough to go along with the lunacy.
3) People who delude themselves this way are likely to get hurt when they come up against someone who hasn't been persuaded to share their delusion.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
|
OK, for accuracy the Kiai Master got clocked. Following on, this raises the question about whether the students were in on a hoax, or merely passively assisting in some form of theoretical demonstration of what they think they are training to do for real.....
|
To me, it's about the dumbest (if not dumbest) expression of "Mastering" the martial arts out there,,,,
|
I don't have anything else to add in this T. You guys can go on poking fun.... to me it's a nonsense video in any respect.

Ok is there an example anywhere of the hardoken working under scientific testing conditions?

Latest Discussions