Coined!

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
They aren't all from the same area, and that is really all I can say.

I don't know how I could be more clear here...I don't want to divulge ANY intel on these guys in a public forum.

Thanks,

Paul Janulis
Again, that is admirable to want to maintain OpSec, Paul.

If you really are worried about 'guilt by assocation' scrutiny then you might consider shutting down your contact information to email only through your linked TEG website. Right now, your class schedule and phone number could be used to make initial contact/tracking pattern to get the rest if anyone really wanted to track them down through you.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paul,

That is such a great honor and thanks for sharing it with us. I'm glad you did, because it humanizes it all a bit for me. I've been noticing more and more cars with these yellow or red, white and blue magnetic ribbons that say, "Support our troops!" and seeing those serve as a reminder for me.

Thanks for your service to our troops and for reminding us to remember them as well! Please tell Rich thanks for his part in it too!

MJ :asian:

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Paul,

Congrats. I can't add anything more than what's already been said. KT

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
Again, that is admirable to want to maintain OpSec, Paul.

If you really are worried about 'guilt by assocation' scrutiny then you might consider shutting down your contact information to email only through your linked TEG website. Right now, your class schedule and phone number could be used to make initial contact/tracking pattern to get the rest if anyone really wanted to track them down through you.

Thanks for the concern, however I have checked with the proper channels and I know what my boundries are in terms of what information I am allowed to give out.

To everyone else, thanks again for the kind words. I am pretty much off the net for the next couple of weeks. I will come back after Oct. 16th from my wedding and honeymoon as a married man :inlove:

til next time...

:ultracool
Paul Janulis

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Paul,

That is such a great honor and thanks for sharing it with us. I'm glad you did, because it humanizes it all a bit for me. I've been noticing more and more cars with these yellow or red, white and blue magnetic ribbons that say, "Support our troops!" and seeing those serve as a reminder for me.

Thanks for your service to our troops and for reminding us to remember them as well! Please tell Rich thanks for his part in it too!

MJ :asian:

MJ,

I agree the honor is Paul's. It was his video/DVD. I was just a guy in it, as a good 'Uke', and also a verbal sounding board. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have already received the best payment for such work.

When a guy stops talking to people he knows, and says, "Hey! I know you!, You are the guy from the Knife Video." And then reaches across the table and offers me his hand to shake and he says "Thank you!".

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
You might want to be careful mentioning your brother by name and Rich Parson's as well if you are really concerned. It isn't all that hard now to take one or two little pieces of information to find out a little more until the complete and true story is revealed...

We use to get preached to that "a whole lot of unclassified information can reveal classified information."

Where are these guys based out off? Spec Ops guys usually work out of Campell, Benning...and one other place that I can't think of off the top of my head. It is a strange thing to have such a concentration of people in the same unit to be from the same place. Did they join together and stay in the same track?

Mr. Martin,

Thank you for your concern.

1) The name is Rich Parsons. I believe the possessive would be Rich Parsons'. I am dyslexic, and relaize people make mistakes. Yet, you seem to make this mistake with my name all the time. Just confused by this action.

2) I do not have a price on my head as do many of the men who serve in Iraq as LRS or Spec Ops.

3) I am more worried about the people around here who call me in for being a terrorist myself. I can walk into just about any party store and be called "Cousin", and have just about every other person even at work make comments about blowing up buildings or flying planes in buildings, or what ever. I fear the general population more. This does not mean I do not respect the possibilities of what could happen.

4) My personal history, shows me that my paranoia, makes it hard for people to follow me. Yet, I find your concern good. Thank you again.

5) . . .

I helped Paul out in the Video, and Jimmy his brother taped it. Jimmy does not know these guys, and I have only meet one recently, and live and hang out in different parts of the state/country. Not likely patterns.

The issue should not be about taking a look at the coin, which is nice, yet would not pass the Martial Talk Profanity Filter for PG 13. It is not about redirecting the issue to others and trying to make them be concerned.

The issue is all about the fact that a team of men, honored Paul for his work. As poiunted out by others he is not alone, in helping our men and women in the military.

Once again I thank you for your concern, yet like I said I am more afraid of what the local KKK group will do to me personally then I am of any other group out there.

:asian:

I apologize for the off topic post and wish Paul the best.

:)

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Mr. Martin,

Thank you for your concern.

1) The name is Rich Parsons. I believe the possessive would be Rich Parsons'. I am dyslexic, and relaize people make mistakes. Yet, you seem to make this mistake with my name all the time. Just confused by this action.

2) I do not have a price on my head as do many of the men who serve in Iraq as LRS or Spec Ops.

3) I am more worried about the people around here who call me in for being a terrorist myself. I can walk into just about any party store and be called "Cousin", and have just about every other person even at work make comments about blowing up buildings or flying planes in buildings, or what ever. I fear the general population more. This does not mean I do not respect the possibilities of what could happen.

4) My personal history, shows me that my paranoia, makes it hard for people to follow me. Yet, I find your concern good. Thank you again.

5) . . .

I helped Paul out in the Video, and Jimmy his brother taped it. Jimmy does not know these guys, and I have only meet one recently, and live and hang out in different parts of the state/country. Not likely patterns.

The issue should not be about taking a look at the coin, which is nice, yet would not pass the Martial Talk Profanity Filter for PG 13. It is not about redirecting the issue to others and trying to make them be concerned.

The issue is all about the fact that a team of men, honored Paul for his work. As poiunted out by others he is not alone, in helping our men and women in the military.

Once again I thank you for your concern, yet like I said I am more afraid of what the local KKK group will do to me personally then I am of any other group out there.

I apologize for the off topic post and wish Paul the best.

:)
Rich,

Name issue: Here I usually work from the mentallity that I am typing fast and the audience will not be too concerned with small errors as long as the basic information is there. We all do it and I don't spend alot of time dissecting what a typing error could be implying about the person or his intentions. Speed kills. If we doing this verbally, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over mispronunciations or improper sentence structure either - it is a 'friendly forum' and to me that means casual.

My concern is sincere. There is a lot of pattern/habit information here as well as a fixed location that ties you and Paul (congrads on the wedding btw) and possibly his brother to a martial arts school, schedules of movements and phone contacts that are not hard at all to reverse trace backwards for information.

If Paul or anyone is concerned about being the center of unwanted attention (stalker, possible 'get at them by following Paul, ex spouse/significant other from a bad breakup, fear of custody snatch situations....) then the PO box is a good step but minimizing any information about personal patterns, habits and routines/locations is a smart move. Paul's website gives his class location (and yours as well) and his schedule for when he will be there. If someone was seriously interested with hate and discontent in mind, show up, follow from there and the rest is revealed over time (license, registration, home address, associates/relatives, work....).

Having taken the 'anti-terrorism' training that the military offers (NOT Counter terrorism - that means going after them and taking them out) and having lived with OpSec concerns during my service days, things like a website with geographical and time/schedule is something to thing about carefully. Especially now that there is a wife/family to consider when you are assessing risk.

Disclaimer:
This is starting to look like subtle accusations of bad intentions, I will say publically that there ARE NONE. As a fellow servicemen (former) why would I dishonor the appreciation that these 'Oath keepers' bestowed on Paul? If there are legitimate concerns for personal safety for Paul, the soldiers he helped or his family, these points might make the difference. He helped them, I am trying to offer help to him.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am posting this as a friend of several of the folks in this thread, and someone who has more than a bit of respect for others. I am breaking our normal policy by doing this, but hope that lapse will be forgiven. I am doing this as it has been mentioned to us that certain comments, phrasings, etc. are in possible violation of our recently enacted 'anti-sniping' policy, as well as others.

If anyone is taking shots, snips, needling, insinuating, or otherwise leading on or provoking anyone else (and those parties involved know who they are) please stop, now. Take it -all- off board, to PMs, Email or voice, or just let it all go. I repeat, let-it-go.

A number of good points, and advice is contained in here. Paul's contributions to the training of members of our armed forces may just be the 'key' to helping them out of a tough spot, or making the difference in them returning to us alive. Let us simply congradulate him, and encourage him to continue, as well as wish him well in his marriage, and let the other negatives go, please.

Again, I'm writing this in friendship, as I do not wish to add to the list of those who have been most recently suspended or banned from this site.

Thank you.

T

The Sarg

Thank you Mr. Rustaz.

It amazes me how people can act on internet forums. You'd think people could just say congrats and be respectful, or stay off the thread, instead of getting degenarating the conversation. I guess I just don't get it, but then again I don't post on forums much.

Anyways, this is about our troops, and about Master Paul. That would be Master PAUL JANULIS...ahem. Anyways, If you get the chance, Paul, tell your buddies that a lot of us thank them for sacrificing their lives. I also thank you for your efforts in helping them.

Oh...and have a good wedding sir!

The Sarg

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Sarg said:
Thank you Mr. Rustaz.

It amazes me how people can act on internet forums. You'd think people could just say congrats and be respectful, or stay off the thread, instead of getting degenarating the conversation. I guess I just don't get it, but then again I don't post on forums much.

Anyways, this is about our troops, and about Master Paul. That would be Master PAUL JANULIS...ahem. Anyways, If you get the chance, Paul, tell your buddies that a lot of us thank them for sacrificing their lives. I also thank you for your efforts in helping them.

Oh...and have a good wedding sir!

The Sarg

Agreed. :asian:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations Paul. It is truly an honor and I thank you for posting it. My prayers are with our troops.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Janulis - what an honor! I have been chomping at the bit to come back and congratulate you on being coined.

Thanks for sharing you knowledge with those who would give their all at the asking of our country.

She-Sulsa

Latest Discussions