Coined!

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Paul Janulis Hooaa!!

I am in the Navy and I work (KENPO) with guys from all branches of service. Just recently we sent a guy off to IRAQ we armed him with some of Mr. Pick's knife fighting skills. On a side note I know for a fact that Kenpo is saving lives in Afganstan, Kosovo and Iraq. Train hard you may need it someday.

Army: Hooaa
Navy:HooYa
Marines: SemperFi
Air Force: Hole in One

Translation Good Job and keep up the good work

V/R
Rick English

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. It is truly an honor and a testament to you of the job you did for them. I will pray for them that they return home safely. TW

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What can I say, but that you have been honored in a very special way.
Congradulations on a job well done

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congrats on the coin. It's good to see people supporting others that have to put their life on the line.
Since working for the Military I have started to collect coins.....they are better than getting paid for a service.

Rick Wade said:
Army: Hooaa
Navy:HooYa
Marines: SemperFi
Air Force: Hole in One

Translation Good Job and keep up the good work
Hahahahhaha!
I saw this on a T-shirt.......
Army: Be all you can be.
Marine Corps.: The Marnie Corps makes you more than you can be.
Navy: It's not just a job it's an adventure.
Marine Corps.: The Marine Corps. makes the adventure.
Air Farce: Aim High
Marine Corps.: Allways hit their mark.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thats a great achivement...but do they really put your face or something on a coin??? Or am I just missinterpreting it

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Coins are cool. Hey, lets start a collection! Post em if ya got em!

coins.1.jpg
coins2.jpg

Side 1 and side 2. Sorry they dont line up right...

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrads all over PJ.

What unit(s) did you work with? The coin collecting/swapping thing is the same as the 'unit patch' swap as a gesture of comradery. I got some Greek and one Bosnian unit patch from the deployment too. One thing I didn't get was if this was personal gesture from your friend or if it was a 'on behalf of' gesture from a unit commander of somekind. Either way it is nice to know work is recognized.

T

ThatWasAKick

HOOAA!
That was a great post, great story. I'm glad you shared it with us.
And there are never too many reminders to keep our thoughts and prayers with our people overseas.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Everyone...

thanks for the kind words of support. It really does mean a lot to me! :)

To answer some questions...

One thing I didn't get was if this was personal gesture from your friend or if it was a 'on behalf of' gesture from a unit commander of somekind.

Hi Paul Martin.

It was a "on behalf of" gesture.

Coins in general are cool. A lot of military, X-military, and civilians collect them. Many of them you can buy or order from catelogs. What made this so special to me was the fact that it was awarded to me by the unit for my contribution, basically saying "your with us."

I guess its like a "black belt" in a sense. You can go out and buy a black belt, but that is a whole lot different then "earning" it.

Thats cool Paul. Can you post a pic of it?

Hi Tom G.

Actually, I don't think I can. This particular coin has some information on it regarding the unit. I can't really give out info on these guys on a public forum, even if it is only a little bit of info. You see, this isn't an ordinary unit; The members of the unit all have a price on their heads. Any information I give on them, even if it is only a little bit on a coin, could jeprodize them and lead to something else. I made sure it was cool before I posted this thread, but I do have to be careful.

I may be able to post a pic of the coin or something when they are back for good next year, but even that is iffy. It all depends on whether or not a price is on still their heads.

But even if that issue is solved, we also run into the issue of myself and many of these guys being in Michigan. Some of these guys, myself included, live in close proximity to Dearborn, MI, which has the highest population of Arabic-Americans in the U.S.. Many of them are happy to be here, but some of them also support or are in terrorists cells. This is just the facts. The afternoon of September 11th after the towers fell, there were large populations of people celebrating and flag burning in the streets of Dearborn. So, given these facts, we have to watch ourselves.

In this kind of situation, even I have to be careful. My address, which is public knowledge, is actually a box number, and not where I live.

So, as much as I'd love to post a pic., I can't right now. We'll just have to see for the future.

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments and support!

Hooaa!
Paul Janulis

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Active Duty troops?

btw: there are some companies that make nice framed displays for coins. Theres nice desk display set-ups too.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Active Duty troops?

btw: there are some companies that make nice framed displays for coins. Theres nice desk display set-ups too.

Yes... they are on leave right now (hence they were able to give me my coin), but will be back over the pond in a few days.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it was formal 'on behalf of' presentation the letter of appreciation from the unit commander that traditionally accompanies such gestures would be a nice kudo on the wall of your school.

Your desire to maintain confidentiallity (OpSec) is admirable but, honestly, I don't think the unit designation is going to be any breach if they entrusted a civilian with a token that has the unit designation on it from the commander direct (who usually doubles as the public relation liaison and makes OpSec decisions about what information he releases and who he tells it to all the time). Your obviously a proud recipient, so you have probably shown/told others about it and like the old hair shampoo commercial use to go "and they tell two friends and so on and so on...."

Speaking from experience, just saying that the "94th Infantry are on deployment to the Iraqi/Afg theatre" isn't a breach of OpSec. Hell around here the local Air Force units Fart in the general direction of Bosnia, Iraq, Afg, Ramstein Germany.... and the press is all over it.

Now, if you were spilling locations, operations, names of individuals or relatives back home....., equiptment lists, radio frequencies... ala Geraldo Rivera, then it might be an issue of OpSec Breach (and was if I remember the verbal and near physical smack down he recieved during one report - kind of funny if it wasn't so stupid and potentially costly).

S

StraightRazor

Man thats cool!! Are these guys like Delta Force or something?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
StraightRazor said:
Man thats cool!! Are these guys like Delta Force or something?
If they are, they arent going to admit it. Delta doesn't exist. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge. And I dont think they have any coins.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
In this kind of situation, even I have to be careful. My address, which is public knowledge, is actually a box number, and not where I live.

So, as much as I'd love to post a pic., I can't right now. We'll just have to see for the future.

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments and support!

Hooaa!
Paul Janulis
You might want to be careful mentioning your brother by name and Rich Parson's as well if you are really concerned. It isn't all that hard now to take one or two little pieces of information to find out a little more until the complete and true story is revealed...

We use to get preached to that "a whole lot of unclassified information can reveal classified information."

Where are these guys based out off? Spec Ops guys usually work out of Campell, Benning...and one other place that I can't think of off the top of my head. It is a strange thing to have such a concentration of people in the same unit to be from the same place. Did they join together and stay in the same track?

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They aren't all from the same area, and that is really all I can say.

I don't know how I could be more clear here...I don't want to divulge ANY intel on these guys in a public forum.

Thanks,

Paul Janulis

Latest Discussions