Claims on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Omaha, Nebraska originally, and I always found it interesting that, in the Denny's of the Midwest (you don't go to Omaha on purpose, you just end up there... Or is that Council Bluffs?) there were two 1976 Korean National Grand Champion Master TKD teachers... Two of 'em, in the same city.

Aren't we lucky!!!

Still haven't figured out how they both managed to win the same tournament, though... Must have the damn things quarterly, given the number of National Grand Champions I have seen listed in phone books around the country...

See, that's one of my hobbies... Being in the military, I have had the opportunity to travel a lot. The first thing I do after I put down my suitcase is pick up the Yellow Pages and start scanning... You'd be amazed at the stuff you find in the phone book.

You'd also be amazed at the sheer volume of Korean Grand Champion Master TKD teachers, too...

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
I'm from Omaha, Nebraska originally, and I always found it interesting that, in the Denny's of the Midwest (you don't go to Omaha on purpose, you just end up there...

Omaha…….cultural center of the universe……;)

Also, the bio I posted earlier is for some Kempo guy that claims certification of rank through the aforementioned Korean organization...

Still, pretty fancy leanings for this guy... Wonder how old he is. He must have started training when he was still in diapers, although I personally question a person's "real" training until they are at least 18 years old...

Gambarimasu.

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Omaha…….cultural center of the universe……;)

Now, now... Let's not get finger pointin' there. We know that we aren't the center of the universe, but you can see it from there!

Gambarimasu.

Dat's right Evra’body know KC be the center…:rofl:

Originally posted by MartialArtist
If you try and look at it that way, then every person has their unique "style". What do I call my style? I can think of a clever name and market it also.
I have not finished sifting all the way through this yet, so, if I now say something that has already been said, forgive me. I am going to slightly misquote Ed Parker here, for the reason that i do not have the exact text here in front of me. But Mr. Parker said that each person's style is his own, what one learns is a system

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
I was always amazed at how many martial arts masters and grandmasters that had settled in all the small towns I have lived in... It must be the sense of community and overall safety that these most deadly of people seek out as a haven from the violence that surely follows them every waking moment...

Or not.

Gambarimasu.
You should see Pinellas and Hillsborough counties in Florida! :rofl:
You would absolutely not believe the amount of Super Dans down there. I left Florida four years ago to return to my hometown in West Virginia. I opened my own school two years ago and am quite friendly with most of the other school owners in the area. I know of one legit 8th degree, he had been a third for about 6 years when I met him 20 years ago. The rest of us are 4th or under, some by choice, others by politics.

Originally posted by MartialArtist
And what organizations are those?

Kempo is American, and although it is based on Japanese arts, it is still American. And the founder of Kempo did have Japanese ties that check out.
Not a completely true or accurate statement. American KeNpo is American. It was founded by Mr. Ed Parker, Sr. American Kenpo is NOT based on Japanese arts, it has more of a Chinese leaning. Don't get me wrong, I am not stating that there is no Japanese heritage, it is not solely based on Japanese arts. Regardless, Mr. Parker was recognized by both Japanese and Chinese masters.

Originally posted by Seig
Not a completely true or accurate statement. American KeNpo is American. It was founded by Mr. Ed Parker, Sr. American Kenpo is NOT based on Japanese arts, it has more of a Chinese leaning. Don't get me wrong, I am not stating that there is no Japanese heritage, it is not solely based on Japanese arts. Regardless, Mr. Parker was recognized by both Japanese and Chinese masters.

Technically "Kempo" is a generic term ( I'll probably be corrected by the sheriff though)and does reflect one art. For the most part the only time it does reflect a single art is in the West.

So when is EVERYBODY ELSE going to scan their certificates and POST them!!! So many of you all have given advice on how to do it!!:D

Originally posted by akja
So when is EVERYBODY ELSE going to scan their certificates and POST them!!! So many of you all have given advice on how to do it!!:D

Do you really want proof that I'm a purple belt? If I'm gonna lie,
I'd lie further than that!

Technically "Kempo" is a generic term ( I'll probably be corrected by the sheriff though)and does reflect one art. For the most part the only time it does reflect a single art is in the West.

CORRECTION:

Supposed to read Kempo does not represent just one art except possibly in the West.:asian:

Originally posted by Kirk
Do you really want proof that I'm a purple belt? If I'm gonna lie,
I'd lie further than that!

If you were one of the ones that was eager to help dacflorida to post his, then YES.

As far as the others, I think whats good for the goose is good for the gander and that "WE SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE." :D

I know the sheriff offered help with the KINKO info., is he going to post his too??????????:D

If you were one of the ones that was eager to help dacflorida to post his, then YES.

As far as the others, I think whats good for the goose is good for the gander and that "WE SHOULD LEAD BY EXAMPLE." :D

I know the sheriff offered help with the KINKO info., is he going to post his too??????????:D

Eager??? No .. but I did ask why not go to kinkos instead of
mailing certs out to everyone.

Plus .. there's a big difference in our claims.

Originally posted by Kirk
Eager??? No .. but I did ask why not go to kinkos instead of
mailing certs out to everyone.

Plus .. there's a big difference in our claims.

No matter what the talk, we were born equal and we will die equal.

Why should just one person post their cert.? Just because someone dosen't believe that he could have it?

He stated he had over 20 years in the art and that art in particular is known for high rank blackbelts as well the most blackbelts that are children.

I think everybody should expose themselves EQUALLY or SHUT UP and leave those guys alone!:D

We are neither equal when born nor equal in death. We are all born with different abilities, talents, and tendencies. We all die leaving behind lives of varying profundity, the legacies of which are profoundly different in character.

You should see Pinellas and Hillsborough counties in Florida!
You would absolutely not believe the amount of Super Dans down there. I left Florida four years ago to return to my hometown in West Virginia. I opened my own school two years ago and am quite friendly with most of the other school owners in the area. I know of one legit 8th degree, he had been a third for about 6 years when I met him 20 years ago. The rest of us are 4th or under, some by choice, others by politics

Seig I have would agree with you in general but look at who they are. For example Ric Martin I think is around 7th-8th. Frank Goreman is probably 8th. Joe Lewis, Mike McGann, Bill Blaise, Jim Graden etc. Not exactly mcdojos. Ric & Frank tested under Kanie and/or Kammie personally in Okinawa.

Your reference to politics is accurate though, and a sad truth unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back