Chow interview

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
koga ha said:
i'll entertain your question (you know who i am). i receive training in philly.

Legitimate training he said, not the training of Imaguiltymurderer Ryu. I find it hilarious that you consider yourself legitimately trained, yet your instructor (also your father) had to go find someone to write his history for him.

You have some serious issues if you are questioning anyone's credentials, knowing full well who you study under.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
koga ha said:
well, this stand up guy fraudulently posed as someone who was trained in kempo and taught masses of people like yourself.

the real tragety here is the fact that people in "juchniks" system know absoulutely nothing about kempo.

however, people got a tremendous lesson in imagination and how it works. i think you hit the nail on the head when you said, "there are a ton of ideas..." because that's all they are, ideas...really.

all jokes aside, what juchnik teaches is fake and could cost his students more than just money.

i'm sure some of his ex-students would back me up or maybe not because this is one place where you all hang out and talk about kempo.

yes i have legitimate training.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OP
The Kai

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I thought you'd get a kick out of that!!!

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
the real tragety here is the fact that people in "juchniks" system know absoulutely nothing about kempo.

No, the real TRAGETY is that some people on this board have no concept of proper spelling. ABSOULUTELY none.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i think the biggest TRAGETY is........people carrying on a charade even after 99.99% of people know its a load of bull

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gentlemen - I am NOT a moderator - However is this a useful conversation? Clearly there are some that believe in Bruce. Let them. Those that do, clearly you are on a forum that is not interested, and is not the topic of discussion. Let it go please. This conversation is not going to get any better and serves no positive purpose.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To those who have chosen to disregard my previous warning - Bruce Juchnik is not the topic. Please either go with the Chow/Mitose Black Belt article, or reactivate one of the old, old, old, old, old Bruce Juchnik contraversy threads.

I will lock the thread if you continue to hijack the thread.

-Michael Billings-
-MT Super Moderator-

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Please review our sniping policy. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314 Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

-Michael Billings
-MT Super Moderator-
Didn't mean to step on your toes sir, but it does get old. I pefer the exchange of information and productive discussions as most do.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doc said:
Didn't mean to step on your toes sir, but it does get old. I pefer the exchange of information and productive discussions as most do.
I am 100% with you Doc. I appreciated your post. Be careful, that was why I got this darn job. Trust me, being a Mod is no fun at all, but ya gotta give to get. I appreciate any member who goes out of their way to help the Board.

Kudos,
-Michael

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I went to the bookstore and read this BB article.... Pretty interesting interview!

I had always thought Ed Parker was a brown belt when he came to the mainland, but Professor said he was a purple belt? Anybody else heard this previously?

I will ask Grandmaster Kuoha if he knows who "Jacob" is when I see him next- maybe he can shed some light on this interview.

Take care everyone, and thanks for the heads=up on the interview, I rarely pick up BB magazine anymore--- too many ads and too little content.

Cheers,
James

TChase

Green Belt
Reaction score
dianhsuhe said:
I went to the bookstore and read this BB article.... Pretty interesting interview!

I had always thought Ed Parker was a brown belt when he came to the mainland, but Professor said he was a purple belt? Anybody else heard this previously?

I will ask Grandmaster Kuoha if he knows who "Jacob" is when I see him next- maybe he can shed some light on this interview.

Take care everyone, and thanks for the heads=up on the interview, I rarely pick up BB magazine anymore--- too many ads and too little content.

Cheers,
James

Chow didn't say Parker was a purple belt when he came to the mainland. He said Parker got to purple belt under him, then started working with Emperado.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In reference to BB magazine (which up until 5 years ago, I stopped getting them-(actually, subscriptions to this and other mags were xmas gifts from either my bro or sis), I believe its content has been spiralling down. Once in awhile, I will browse it on a newsstand, but return it to the shelf. One I do like is the "Asian Journal"

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
In reference to BB magazine... I believe its content has been spiralling down. Once in awhile, I will browse it on a newsstand, but return it to the shelf.
For me BB mag is like a twinkie, sometimes they are tempting and I get one. After consuming it, I feel it was a waste of $.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought the purple comment was amusing since I don't believe they had colors other than white brown and black.

Jeff

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kenpodoc said:
I thought the purple comment was amusing since I don't believe they had colors other than white brown and black.

Jeff
Actually sir, they did have and used colored belts in the islands, including William Chow. The misunderstanding comes from the fact that when Parker first came to the mainland, he didn't use colored belts for a time, opting instead for "tips" on a white belt up to brown. The length of time it took to get from white to black was so short, buying a different color belt seemed "excessively unnecessary."

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
Gentlemen - I am NOT a moderator - However is this a useful conversation? Clearly there are some that believe in Bruce. Let them. Those that do, clearly you are on a forum that is not interested, and is not the topic of discussion. Let it go please. This conversation is not going to get any better and serves no positive purpose.

No offense, but that's quite an arrogant statement to make. I looked at the name of the forum, and no where does it stated that Bruce Juchnik cannot be brought up. However, I did see where it stated "Kosho Ryu" under the forum description, which Juchnik claims some rights to. Also...I didn't see any post that stated that you alone dictate what is, and isn't interesting to forum readers.

As to whether or not it has to deal with the topic of discussion, I disagree. Chow mentioned Mitose in the interview, and Juchnik claims lineage to Mitose, therfore, the arguement could be made either way.

Bode

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Boler, the Moderator's had this to say:

Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Please review our sniping policy. http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314 Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

-Michael Billings
-MT Super Moderator-
Perhaps you jumped the gun a bit on the disagreement with Doc. Read the entire thread before posting.

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No, I did read the entire thread. Although I think the sniping policy does apply to comments I made against the Koga Ha contigent, I do not think it's anybody's place to determine what is, and isn't, interesting to an entire forum of people.

Latest Discussions