Chat Discussion

Which Night of the week is best for a Chat Room Discussion?

• Sunday

• Monday

• Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi My Name is Rich Parsons

I would like to meet you all in the Martial Talk Chat Room.

I would like to do a question and answer on Modern Arnis and maybe some simple ones with Balintawak, and anything else that people are willing to ask me that I might know :D.

The Question I have for everyone is the following:

What Night works best?

Please post your preference for Time and Night.

Also if you have any specific questions I might need time to answer in advance ;).

This following week is out, for I will be travelling to and from the Modern Arnis / FMA Symposium in Buffalo New York. So, once we decide upon the day of hte week I will set the date and time.

Thank You
:asian:

P

progressivetactics

has that chat room ever been used?
Every time I check it, no one is in there.

I would use it often, if more were in there.

P

progressivetactics

sorry..
does anyone else ever get that Eminem song stuck in their head when they hear someone start a sentence with

"Hi my name is"

M

Master of Blades

No, and Friday is usually the best time for the chat room :asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last couple of times I've been in there its had a few folks.

Often, pretty quiet. What seems to happen is, someone pops in, sees no one, and leaves, then it repeats. Pop in, wait a little bit and see. Or! Post a 'hey lets chat' notice in the LockerRoom (we should probably sticky a thread so we dont have 4 gazillion of em up...)

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

Often, pretty quiet. What seems to happen is, someone pops in, sees no one, and leaves, then it repeats. Pop in, wait a little bit and see. Or! Post a 'hey lets chat' notice in the LockerRoom (we should probably sticky a thread so we dont have 4 gazillion of em up...)

Now THAT my friend, is a good idea :D

And actually, I know its a pain in the *** and so on, but I really think more people would be encouraged if there was another whos online thing that showed who was in the chatroom. I would rather have that then seeing who has been online during the day :asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Now THAT my friend, is a good idea :D

And actually, I know its a pain in the *** and so on, but I really think more people would be encouraged if there was another whos online thing that showed who was in the chatroom. I would rather have that then seeing who has been online during the day :asian:

Hover your mouse pver the 'chatroom' link, and it'll tell you how many are chatting. Click on it, and theres a link on the chatroom home page that tells ya 'who'.

Once vB 3.0 comes out, and the chatroom mods are released, we will probably do a tighter integration.

M

Master of Blades

Hover your mouse pver the 'chatroom' link, and it'll tell you how many are chatting. Click on it, and theres a link on the chatroom home page that tells ya 'who'.

Once vB 3.0 comes out, and the chatroom mods are released, we will probably do a tighter integration.

Aha.....Might wanna bring that to wider attention :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Aha.....Might wanna bring that to wider attention :D

Its been mentioned a few times....... heh. ;)

P

progressivetactics

ooops......i guess we need to read more often....
sorry.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I see few posts here, and people have been answering the poll as well.

So, are you (* The General Population *) intersted in this discussion?

If there is no clear night that is best, would it be better to either post the log from the discussion or would you rather have a multi-night event?

Thank You for your Time

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Kaith,

I took the initiative and created a sticky thread in the Locker Room titled Chat Room.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by progressivetactics
sorry..
does anyone else ever get that Eminem song stuck in their head when they hear someone start a sentence with

"Hi my name is"

Progressive Tactics,

I do not get it stuck in my head. As the metal Plate I ahve picks up lives feeds :D.

I do like the first Album and his song about his wife and going for a ride ;)

I hope to see you at the chat

P

progressivetactics

there is no clear cut time that is best for me. When ever it is available, I willl try to use it.

I don't care for the ego trip...but i dig the music. No doubt he is talented.

Rich......Where in Michigan do you stay at? Are you familiar with Mr. Hatch-Canton area? He is certfied mostly in Guru Inosanto affilites, but also trained in Balitawak, quite a bit, from what I understand. Do you know (of) him?

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by progressivetactics
there is no clear cut time that is best for me. When ever it is available, I willl try to use it.

I don't care for the ego trip...but i dig the music. No doubt he is talented.

Rich......Where in Michigan do you stay at? Are you familiar with Mr. Hatch-Canton area? He is certfied mostly in Guru Inosanto affilites, but also trained in Balitawak, quite a bit, from what I understand. Do you know (of) him?

BB,

I live in the Flint Area.

I have tained with Manong (GM) Ted Buot for the last 5 + Years.
I do not know Mr. Hatch personally, I do know of him though. Or, At least I think I do know of him.

E-mail me and we can talk some more. I work and travel in the Metro Area all the time. It is not big deal to make a run to see people. :D

R

Rob_Broad

After reading the big plan chat with Dennis Conatser, I have pretty well avoided the Chathroom. The tenor of the night and the way the chat was handled has made many of the people who were looking forward to larger chat event's pretty leery. Chatroom are meant to be a place to share ideas and converse, not be told to be quiet. I pop into the chatroom to be social and share so I only go in sporadically.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I missed that event.
If its an open chat with q and a then if a person is polite and everyone takes time to let the Guest answere questions there should not be anyone being told to be quite.
Rob-Broad if Rich has one stop in see how this one goes Give a big event open Q and A another chance

Latest Discussions