Fav Kick?

P

progressivetactics

being a korean stylist primarily, i shouldn't say this.....but i am finding alot of enjoyment in the pananjackman kicks.....all lowline, all destructive while using your hands to elbow or trap......I Love this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

progressivetactics

i guess i should also say i love the jump spinning crescent kicks also......Jump back kick was a trade mark of mine for a long time....in my youth!

P

progressivetactics

both.
When I was a green belt, my instructor had me do at my test, blindfolded through 2 boards. After that, I was doing it at all our demo's and tests. It is a very powerful kick, but looks damn good too!

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Kind of boring but I get the most use out of just a standard front thrust kick, a back kick and my knee.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
A short/fast snap to the inside of the attackers shin as I punch them in the face.

Takes little time, little balance, is hard to detect... draws their attention lower and away from what my hands are doing... hurts bad, disrupts their balance/stability....

not bad....
Your Brother (don't look down)
John

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For power, I like the side, back, axe, and Thai style roundhouse kicks.

For speed, I like the roundhouse, cresent (my cresent kicks have no power :( ), and front kicks. I can get them up to head level for a good point LOL.

For showing off, I like the 360 roundhouse, flying side kick ..... well any jumping kicks hehehehe. I can get pretty good height with a jump front kick :D

F

fissure

Round kick - body and legs. Jump back kick - more of a jumping "into" motion rather than up.Good power in both of these. I have very good tech. with the spin hook kick, but only used it for tournament sparring. If you didn't land it perfectly out in the world, you would probably get dumped!

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah yes........for me, this would be the wheel kick. When sparring, I like to shoot it low- just kick it out there- not to hit anything, but because usually, it causes the opponent to drop a hand or two to cover it- then I immediately shoot it to the head or mid-section. I have learned you have to be careful with this one though.........about 10 years ago, I got disqualified in a tournament cuz I hit the target- the other girl's nose.........which bled and I felt really bad........but it is martial arts, right?!! And upon viewing the video tape of it on replay, slow motion- she moves into it!! Ah well...........:asian: :karate:

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
The one that knocks the poor bastard out cold.
Bob:D

Ahh, you mean the football (soccer) kick top the head while he's lying on the floor?

P

progressivetactics

I got disqualified in a tournament cuz I hit the target- the other girl's nose.........which bled and I felt really bad........but it is martial arts, right?!! And upon viewing the video tape of it on replay, slow motion- she moves into it!!

REMINDER: You are always responsible for everything you throw. regardless if I head butt your fist.......if it is 'no contact' then I win...

S

sweeper

I probably like thrust kicks the most, I know I definatly use them the most. It's easy to get out of a tight situation with a good front thrust.

After that I probably use all kinds of low line kicks and stomps taking advantage of the protection of the shoe.

After that proably sidekicks in combination with side stepping in boxing range..

And last on the lst would be round kicks.. usualy a cut kick or a big obvious one to draw a counter so I can nail a leg with a side kick.

The most natural fealing kick for me is a round kick into a thigh. But as long as you mix everything up in combination you can end up finding a place for anything.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's almost like a spinning hook, except you keep your leg straight (kinda hard to explain). I'm better at showing things than explaining them LOL

A

andurilking2

what does everyone find to be the most powerful kick?

Latest Discussions