CHAMPION Martial Arts - video commercial

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Glad this popped back up. Didn't you post it once before? It seems like I couldn't see it.

Anyway, the commercial is great. The website is pretty awful. Seems like a really nice school. I presume that you Angel teaches adults, as well. Right?

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Glad this popped back up. Didn't you post it once before? It seems like I couldn't see it.

Anyway, the commercial is great. The website is pretty awful. Seems like a really nice school. I presume that you Angel teaches adults, as well. Right?
Thanks for your kind words. I agree on the website being pretty awful. I have to depend on friends and acquaintances to create and make changes on it - I don't know how.

I've had adult classes in the past - but I've done away with them. I enjoy working with children, not so much with adults... plus, I have full classes, with children who come on a regular basis - and PAY the monthly fees. The adults were very inconsistent, to show up to class and to make payments, as well.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words. I agree on the website being pretty awful. I have to depend on friends and acquaintances to create and make changes on it - I don't know how.

I've had adult classes in the past - but I've done away with them. I enjoy working with children, not so much with adults... plus, I have full classes, with children who come on a regular basis - and PAY the monthly fees. The adults were very inconsistent, to show up to class and to make payments, as well.
You'd be amazed at how easy it is to create a professional looking website. Might not be the fanciest around, but there are lots of options. A lot of small companies, like yours, are moving to some of the open source web authoring tools. Wordpress is VERY easy to use. There's a learning curve, but once you get some basics down, you'll be virtually self sufficient. Drupal is another very popular web authoring tool. It's a little more complicated to use than Wordpress, but gives you a lot of tools, as well. The White House website is built on Drupal.

Thanks for sharing the video. It's very professional looking. Good job.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Liked the video, Angel....I especially liked seeing your young student through you to the ground and then stand up with a huge grin on his face! That's priceless!

There's a minor detail that bugs me a bit and that's the camera angle when its on your face and you are talking in to it. The camera is too low, giving the impression of you talking down your nose. Perhaps you're focused too much on the LCD viewer of the camera instead of looking in to the lens and talking naturally? Just my thoughts anyway. Overall though, your school looks great and the video has an excellent vibe to it. :)

OP
Champ-Pain

Champ-Pain

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There's a minor detail that bugs me a bit and that's the camera angle when its on your face and you are talking in to it. The camera is too low, giving the impression of you talking down your nose. :)
LOL - The first time I viewed it - I looked cross eyed. Now, many views later, I still look cross eyed. :) - You're right... the camera was set too low.