Cartooning Japan's Tragedy

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
They may have been cartoons, but they weren't funny or jokes. They were all making a serious point. It's the message that should determine the appropriateness, not the particular form of the message. Mostly, anyways.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Those cartoons are not meant to be all funny. They are supposed to initiate thought and dialog.
Naturally not all hit the mark, but it does not mean they can't make you smile a bit...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Different people deal with tragedy in different ways.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I realize that people express in different ways... and it's okay I guess.
My little Godzilla soundbyte in another thread undoubtedly drew some disapproving shakes of the head and if I could see them, a couple of dirty looks too. But it wasn't out of irreverence. Wasn't trying to be funny but a little tongue in cheek... not asking for excuses just giving a nod.
Same with these two I guess... One of them was called Japan's Real Life Godzilla.

The third expresses how I feel... wishing I could do more than just read about it and hope they will be alright. I imagine that they will. They've had severe earthquakes before and bounced back... had two atomic bombs dropped on them and they survived and prospered. Now the world's 3rd strongest economy... though they're hurting right now... something tells me that they're going to be stronger than ever once they clean up the mess and stop surviving and get back to the business of living and prospering.

Tenacious is probably a good word for them.

Attachments

• $2 Godzilla.jpg
    $2 Godzilla.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 108
  • $2 Godzilla 2.jpg
    $2 Godzilla 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 108
  • $2 Japan Help.jpg
    $2 Japan Help.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 99

Latest Discussions