Can't get enough!

blink13

Green Belt
Reaction score
Please don't read too much into that subject line - no double meaning here. ;)

I started training about six weeks ago. I have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays for two hours. It's so fun, though, and I feel that I need additional practice, that I can't stop practicing on my own.

I try to work it in whenever I get the chance. Whether it's stretching in the morning and evening, practicing falls and rolls at the local park, or taking my hanbo for a run (since it's a lot less suspicious-looking than a bokken, for when I practice sword work in a nearby somewhat-secluded canyon), I try to practice whenever I can.

Our class is very small, with widely disparate ages and schedules, so it would be difficult for me to meet up with people on "our time" to train.

Anyone else found themselves in the same situation?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I will add is simply go to Yahoo groups and start one and maybe you can find a few people too train outside of the school. It has helped me over the years.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You're still in the honeymoon phase of the relationship, everyone was there at some point, it'll fade to a dull roar soon enough!

OP
B

blink13

Green Belt
Reaction score
You're still in the honeymoon phase of the relationship, everyone was there at some point, it'll fade to a dull roar soon enough!

Awwww... really? Can I keep the wedding presents if it all goes sour, or do I have to return them?

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't box in class as much as I used to (I get there a little too late for boxing), but I still like to knock my punching bag around when I get home from work.

It's cleansing.

It's good!

I'm glad you feel the same way! Good luck on your journey.

OP
B

blink13

Green Belt
Reaction score
Crap. I was all set to get an Action Flex gravy boat for use during training. I'll just use the real one until it breaks.

Back on topic - I am finding sore places that are completely new to me. I come from an endurance sport background and am married to a physical therapist, so I've got THAT going for me, which is nice. I've been spending a lot of time stretching and doing small exercises to strengthen potential failure points (rotator cuff, etc.).

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it is amazing that we have been able to find something that we love so much and can carry with us wherever we go.

Hi, my name is John and I'm an MAA. A martial arts-aholic. :)

My gf can tell when I'm staring off into space that I'm thinking about karate. I wonder if she'll be ok when we are married and I schedule vacations around karate camp....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think it is amazing that we have been able to find something that we love so much and can carry with us wherever we go.

Hi, my name is John and I'm an MAA. A martial arts-aholic. :)

My gf can tell when I'm staring off into space that I'm thinking about karate. I wonder if she'll be ok when we are married and I schedule vacations around karate camp....

Don't worry about it... just get use to the fact that your wife and her family will think you are "martial arts crazy" just like my wife and her family do... and they are all from China... so how bad am I :D

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No, it doesn't all go sour. You just learn to put it into the context of the rest of your life.

Latest Discussions