can we all just get along

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

just wanted to repost this gentlemens post

Jarhead when you learn not to tell people to disresect those who taught you then your thoughts may matter.

Karazenpo
Martial Talk
Orange Belt

Last Visited : 11-09-2003

Hapki Bujutsu, keep up the good work. You're doing nothing wrong. I've been in the arts for over 30 years, my first kempo instructor was exactly like you and I learned much from him and still train with him 'til this day. I grew up hang'n on the streets with the guys & I, too learned some valuable lessons there. My current primary instructor has an extremely street-wise background supplemented by a carreer in law enforcement as I do. I take his training as gospel, because he not only talks the talk but he walks the walk. These are the people you want to study under if you can or at least one of their students. For they don't train on theory only, people like you have been there and done that-giving much credibility to what you teach and how you train. Fine job if you ask me! Respectfully submitted, Shihan Joe Shuras

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
i see i have hit a nerve with you jarhead. I see whats going on and i am sorry. I didn't meant to hurt your feelings. That is not what I was trying to do.

Yeah...a nerve. You hit a nerve. My ankle is tingling, sort of. I think you hit that nerve. Either that or my foot has just fallen asleep.

Resepect yourself enough to not have to be like this. Untill you change you will never be at peace.

Yes, Master. :asian: (Sound of distant gong).

You may know how i feel as i have said so but you do not know me.

I've been to the web site, H-B.

for some reason you have taken me as a threat to you and I don't know why.

Well, heck, can you blame me? You hit that nerve in my ankle! How'd you do that? I mean...that's freaky. Internet atemi? Digital Dim Mak?

I must retire to the mountain and dwell on this, and ask the hermit Chin Lee for advice.

Regards,

Steve Scott

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by hapki-bujutsu
by the way anyone who know a little about tkd history i found a site where they say a old korean drawing shows how long tkd was praticed. however some beleive the picture depicts two people dancing where they look so simular.

The dancing thing was not so far off.
Wow. A 4th dan in Jiu Jitsu, JKD etc all under your belt, and a 7th dan in an unamed style to boot?

I call troll.

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

alright i had to another post. When looking back i just ment to get some people thinking. Then some peoples feeling fot hurt and got offensive with me. So i got defensive. I must admit to never have taken tkd and to be going on my limmited knowledge of it.
I can see why someone who dedicates part of there life training in somthing they beleive is a fighting art does not want an outsider saying other wise. This post turned into somthing way outfield of the martial arts. The last guy who posted though i am sure teaches some form of a non tradtional art and is afraid of being called a fake so he attacks me.

I train alot of police officers( well four really) who when my style saves there lives i will forever be justified. police is the most knoblest profession there is they are todays samurai. If my combat art offends you then so be it. When you went after my art as a tkd student if you where trying to make me see how you felt. I get it. I got nasty and that was wrong and i am sorry. I am hear to learn and get thoughts from as many martial artists as i can. I plan tonight to roam the internet reading peoples difrent thougths and styles of tkd. I acuse you of an ego when that is what I had was doing. refusing to admit there was a chance i could be wrong.

To ask everyone to get along then attack back was wrong of me.
any trained fighter as someone already said is better then a non trained 9 times out of ten. I am sorry if anyone took what i said personally.

I think it's great that you have such a good education and enjoy your training. I am sorry I upset you. I was not being the adult either.

Stress at work i guess. lol. Along with teaching I am a manager of wal-mart and x-mass time is crazy for us. I don't know what got into me. I hope to learn more about the styles I don't know about and would be glad to visit and links you have that you feel promote the style in it's true light.

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it writes like a troll...backsteps appologetically like a troll...and, overall, posts like a troll...then it probably is a troll.
Still, no specifics offered.
No verifiable 'claims'.

An outed troll, it seems.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by hapki-bujutsu
I must admit to never have taken tkd and to be going on my limmited knowledge of it.
I can see why someone who dedicates part of there life training in somthing they beleive is a fighting art does not want an outsider saying other wise. This post turned into somthing way outfield of the martial arts. The last guy who posted though i am sure teaches some form of a non tradtional art and is afraid of being called a fake so he attacks me.

If you're referring to me, my style and ranking in that style are listed right in my profile. I don't teach anyone.

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

so you tell me i am wrong with what i do. I right back a bad post the quickly change my mind and apolligize. Just because you teach a combat art does not mean you have to have a bully attitude as I have demonstrated in my last post. We really should all get along. Martial artists should band togeather.

When I refuse to let up a am wrong. when I let up I am wrong.

I realized how bad this was getting. I almosted posted name a time and place. God and imature is that. Hurting someone so i can proce a point is stupid and foolish.

Why keep it going? A foolish man can not admit defeat a fool can not accept a win.

You say I shouldn't judge when I don't know you where right.

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

marginal I was not talking about you. it is ok.

nyc ronin. If you are truly interested in my art email me your phone number and I will call you and you can ask me anything you like. I always enjoy a friendly talk with other martial artists. I will even be paying for the call.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. A 4th dan in Jiu Jitsu, JKD etc all under your belt, and a 7th dan in an unamed style to boot?

If it writes like a troll...backsteps appologetically like a troll...and, overall, posts like a troll...then it probably is a troll.

He goes waaaaaaaaaay beyond troll. We should bring him up in the "Liars in the Martial Arts" thread. He's posting all over the forum trying to give himself a veil of legitimacy.

His shrillness, his panicy multiple posts, and his tendency to surf the net and post blocks of "data" to support his statements indicate this. Re-posting that paragraph by Joe Shuras was simply pathetic.

The web site posted by Kempo Guy states that Hapki-Bujutsu is just over thirty. Note that the profile is done by a "student" whose initials are RM. Note too that "RM" manages to write with the same dyslexic tone as H-B.

I am so SICK of guys like this.

SCS

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think most of you are older than me though. Ok adults play nice.

btw TKD can be either a sport or a combat art or many other things it all depends on how its trained.

NYCRonin

Purple Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
H-B
I have little to no desire to forward a phone number to you. What would be the point? You entered a public discussion forum.
Made statements from a position of authority that reveal you are a charlatan. You have, as noted, attempted to develop a 'veil of legitimacy' by posting throughout this forum...yet you have repeatedly ignored public requests for specific details as to the 13 arts you have claimed to practice, or who you practised with.
Nothing verifyable.
Now you want to 'make nice' with those you offended and those that realize what you represent in the MArts. Your job at K-Mart has you stressed out? Everybodys job stresses them out. No excuse.
No - I wont dignify this with a phone call. Nor will I respond to your e-mail that I recieved through my groups web-site. Now, you claim 5 B.Belts (which you did not do inearlier posts on this forum) and you have added Escrima as one of those 5. I also reviewed your posting history - seems you tend to avoid the forums dedicated to the arts you claim rank in. Even the few posts made in those forums are generic and devoid of any specifics. It is also a good thing for you to avoid - the mebers of those forums will recognize a 'poser' amongst them immediately.
You claim to teach police officers - so what? This proves that, if your claim is true - which I doubt, you have shown to be less than trustworthy - police officers can be fooled like the rest of the public. That you are being attacked personally -- OF COURSE YOU ARE! Your 'thoughts' posted reveal the person you are.

Watching Bruce Lee movies, T.V. programs, collecting MArt books and magazines AND the ability to do a web-search do not a 'master' make. There are many other factors - and those cannot be faked easily.
You may have fooled your small circle of friends that you are what you claim to be - BUT - then you came into a forum where people actually ARE what you claim...and you expect us to warmly greet you, forgive you for your audacity and accept you as one of our own.
It wont happen. Not in MTalk. You must realize that everytime you post - this thread will be remembered. There will be no 'borrowed authority' for you here.

It is not our fault that you are not having an easy time here -- it is yours. Do not blame us because the water was too deep and you got in over your head. Nor should you expect any to save you from drowning.
On a final note -- I did you a favor H-B by not printing that e-mail, I will save it in file though. In it, you referred to me as 'buddy'. We are not 'buddies'. I chose my friends with more respect.

Based on the material you have posted in the various threads - and the material in this thread specifically - there is no other conclusion to be made other than that you are a charlatan attempting to gain undeserved recognition amongst the members of this forum.
You failed.

Let it go.

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

i was looking for fellow martial artists to talk with. Good people. And just like anywhere else there are good and bad people. It is funny that You argue a point that I may be wrong and when i say you may be right you still want to argue. Because You ask for this and that you think i should give it? I saw what was going on so I put the breakes on. To be the bigger man and apoligize. You sean to have found a background that only is in your head. This must be your backgound.

I am still baffled that you argue and when you get someone to come around to your way of thinking you still continue. If you teach I feel for your students. A snobby self rightious instructor who believes only his modern art is the right way is the last person a impresionable new commer needs teaching him.

I am aware like you exist in the martial arts yet it still gets to me. I am not close minded enough to admit when I am wrong.

The other scary thing is that you are a cop. As you show here you feel that people are guilty until proven otherwise. That my friend is not how it works in the usa.

I still stand by what i last said. If i offended anyone I am sorry if you reread my first post that is not what I wanted.

You can come at my art the way people came at bruce lee that is fine. I know I am in good company:)

You wanted all this info but when i offered to get it to you you declined. I am not afraid you are. It is sad I uprooted your life this much. I did not relize I had this much power.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok adults play nice.

There are times when the gloves have to simply come off. This is one of them.

NYCROnin's recent post pretty much explains why. We shouldn't have to tolerate frauds like this.

They pose as cops, they pose as "Spec Ops" types, they pose as martial arts masters (always masters...never mere students). They make a mockery of the arts and the practitioners who have devoted their lives to them.

Play nice? I say "cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war." If they bring this silliness to the internet, let them choke on it...and choke they will. They haven't the wit to maintain the charade.

SCS

OP
H

hapki-bujutsu

once again I am sorry i have upset this much. I didn't know I could so much under your skin. Scoff all you want I feel I was too hasty with my htoughts on tkd. Come at me all you will. I am at peace with myself enough to listen to you get your anger out.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note:
Thread temporarily locked pending moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.