Buying a home.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob -- be careful with that digging. You've already got back issues, and that's going to put a hell of a lot of stress on your back.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadly, I know. Shoveling snow kicks my ***. Can't wait to see what 2-4 tons of gravel do to me. I've got a couple people to help out. I'd hire someone to do it, but its $400-600 this way, $2k that way. :(

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sadly, I know. Shoveling snow kicks my ***. Can't wait to see what 2-4 tons of gravel do to me. I've got a couple people to help out. I'd hire someone to do it, but its $400-600 this way, $2k that way. :(

Make sure you put that good import on ice! And have the BBQ ready!!!!
(and invest in good landscaper professional shovels and wheel barrel!)

And save up for one of them fancy snowplow things! I hear people raving about them, how they never go back to manual!
Plus you can score brownie points with the neighbors! :D

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I'd endorse supporting illegal aliens... but you just might find a few guys hanging around a 7-11 or Home Depot that may not be fluent in English, but are fluent in hard work, at considerably lower rates... if ya'know what I'm sayin'. ;)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not that I'd endorse supporting illegal aliens... but you just might find a few guys hanging around a 7-11 or Home Depot that may not be fluent in English, but are fluent in hard work, at considerably lower rates... if ya'know what I'm sayin'. ;)
Kinda what I was thinking...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or Craig's List. Couple of guys working with me at the hackerspace spend a lot of time on Craig's List looking for pickup work. They aren't illegals, just guys strapped for cash because their own businesses aren't doing well.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Just don't tell billi!
:D
Tell 'em what? :angel:

Or Craig's List. Couple of guys working with me at the hackerspace spend a lot of time on Craig's List looking for pickup work. They aren't illegals, just guys strapped for cash because their own businesses aren't doing well.
True. It's not like you can hire a bunch of local teenagers to do it. I tell my kids I used to shovel driveways for a quarter and all I get is "Well, it's not our fault we're smarter than you were." :mst:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True. It's not like you can hire a bunch of local teenagers to do it. I tell my kids I used to shovel driveways for a quarter and all I get is "Well, it's not our fault we're smarter than you were." :mst:
Annoying when they have a point, isn't it? :lol: To be honest...I'm more concerned about the parents. Teens will just tell you to go pound sand. But when mommy or daddy is an attorney that doesn't want the little precious getting hurt.....ugh.....

The pitch I use with the niece and nephews is get yourself a darn good education so you can have someone else do it. Gotta live by example ;)

Attachments

• $5462953569_332d50b70d.jpg
    $5462953569_332d50b70d.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 125
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For the snow, I'll have a blower. I'm actually back in not minding snow too much...the mild winter WNY's had I guess.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
'Til ya get hold of some of that good wet stuff. plop plop plop

Latest Discussions