Brrrr

T

TheRustyOne

Ooh! Ooh! Gonna be around the 70's by the end of next week! Snow tonight, but warmness! Yay!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seig said:
It was warmer in Montana yesterday than it was here.:(
In High School, a friend of mine moved from Alaska to Michigan. He cried about how cold it was in Michigan. I said welcome to wind chill my friend. :)

I agree it has been very cold, and I am sick ot if :(

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
SHHHHH! We will not let them know which caliber though. :)
Umm, .22 rimfire? J/K Rich.

The sudden swings in temp are really starting to get me down. Just when I start to get that spring bounce in my step I wind up having to drive in snow again. Global warmin', my @$$!

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
Umm, .22 rimfire? J/K Rich.

The sudden swings in temp are really starting to get me down. Just when I start to get that spring bounce in my step I wind up having to drive in snow again. Global warmin', my @$$!

Hey, you told them the truth!:rolleyes: :( Now everyone will know ;)

Yes, the sudden swings from cold to warm and back to cold. UUGGG! :mp5:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*grins at Rich.. with a sly wink to Jeff.. Gee.. now everyone knows.. *giggling*

42 today.. going to 59 on Sat. Supposedly 64 by next Sat.. I don't believe weather people..~!!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
*grins at Rich.. with a sly wink to Jeff.. Gee.. now everyone knows.. *giggling*

42 today.. going to 59 on Sat. Supposedly 64 by next Sat.. I don't believe weather people..~!!
I have a friend who is a DJ on a classic country radio station who refuses to say that "that's the latest report from the National Weather Service." He always gives the report (with umm, commentary) and says something along the lines of "That's the result of the latest dart match at the NWS" or "That's the result from the latest horse shoe match at the NWS." Every time I see the local weather report I'm reminded of the 1995 report on the six o'clock news that said "We should only see a dusting of snow tonight. Nothing to worry about." We woke up the next morning to 26 inches on the ground and about 10 more to come that day for record breaking snowfall. Dusting indeed.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
I have a friend who is a DJ on a classic country radio station who refuses to say that "that's the latest report from the National Weather Service." He always gives the report (with umm, commentary) and says something along the lines of "That's the result of the latest dart match at the NWS" or "That's the result from the latest horse shoe match at the NWS." Every time I see the local weather report I'm reminded of the 1995 report on the six o'clock news that said "We should only see a dusting of snow tonight. Nothing to worry about." We woke up the next morning to 26 inches on the ground and about 10 more to come that day for record breaking snowfall. Dusting indeed.
A while back in South East Michigan, we were promised at least 8 " of snow over night.

Unfortunately, a female anchor women replied to the weather man the next day:
"Where is the 8 inches you promised me last night?" They broke for a station break and commercial. You can never know what will happen with the weather, they are pretty close, only it is not an exact science. Although I did track a really nice coincidence. When the weather channel states a 30% chance of rain it always rained in my area. :D

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:

No Comment ;)

T

TheRustyOne

We were supposed to get snow, but all we're getting is rain.

No fair! I checked predictions for WV and for MD, and WV is gonna be warmer than MD *pout*

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drove through the first thunderstorm of the year last night. Started around Covington, Virginia and rained all the way into Oak Hill, West Virginia and continued most of the way to Princeton. Just rain and drizzle from there back to Roanoke. I love a good thunderstorm and anything beats the hell out of all the snow.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TonyM. said:
Covington ehh? Sounds like a beer run.
Nah, Covington, Va is a paper mill town. You can smell it 10 miles away. I honestly don't know how folks manage to live there.

T

TheRustyOne

Ooh. Thunderstorms. I hates them. But I agree, they are better than snow!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had our first Thunderstorm about a month ago.. Nasty it was.. the dog did her usual scampering under any object big enough to hide her ~!

Tis sunny out today ..I swear I'm giving up on Weather.com .. yesterday saw the forecast.. it looked a whole lot better than it does today.. *grrrrrrrrr

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TheRustyOne said:
Ooh. Thunderstorms. I hates them. But I agree, they are better than snow!
Ah, thunderstorms are great. The best ones I've ever seen are the ones that happened over the ocean when I lived in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Second best were when I lived in San Angelo, Texas. The boom of a good blast of thunder can rattle your chest cavity. Add in a tin roof on your house and a warm breeze during it all and you have nirvana.

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i love thunderstorms....i like to sit on the porch in the hammock and i normally fall asleep during them. you want to see someone freak out during a thunderstorm, have kathie with you. she about jumped in mine and chronuss's arms one night standing outside the studio. a little rain never hurt no one

Latest Discussions