Brrrr

T

TheRustyOne

:D

Isn't much better over here, out of the mountains. Probably up near 20, tho. Still too cold for me! Where's spring and summer!

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wow,

This morning in Buffalo, NY it's a balmy 21f

I feel positively cozy.

Of course there is always the looming speter of "Lake Effect SNOW"

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have no clue whaat you're talking about.

I'm currently enjoying a balmy 85'F, while looking at crystal clear blue skys with just enough cloud to make it look really mice.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tapps
Wow,

This morning in Buffalo, NY it's a balmy 21f

I feel positively cozy.

Ahh, my friend Lake Effect. He always brings presents of fluffy white . . . . mounds of crap that I need to shovel and drive though. Not to mention how that nice flat lake allows the wind to bring us a wind chill temperature of < -10 degrees F for two days this week. Anyone that complains about anything warmer than 0 degrees F is a wuss. :D

Q

Quick Sand

Where I am it's -4 F right now with a windchill of -20 F. :anic: (That's not shaking from fear, it's shivering from cold.)

I hate cold weather. :soapbox:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(That's not shaking from fear, it's shivering from cold.)
It would be shaking from fear that I was gonna freeze something off for me.:D

It was 22 F when I left the dojo last night in Salem, Va. It was 12 F with a windchill of something along the lines of -6 F when I got to my last stop in Princeton WV. I have oil heat in my home and the last 2 nights the line from the tank to the house has gelled up. This is despite having put diesel anti-gel in it. Instead of coming home to a cozy house at 4:00 a.m. I come home to an ice box and have to break out the propane torch to thaw the lines and get the furnace running again.

I got the opportunity to experience these back in '96/'97. I was driving flatbed for a company out of Mobile and wound up hauling steel plate from Bethlehem, Pa out to Chicago and coil steel from Chicago back to Pittsburgh, Pa for about 3 weeks straight. I don't care if I never hear the phrase "Lake Effect Snow" again.

T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by OULobo
Ahh, my friend Lake Effect. He always brings presents of fluffy white . . . . mounds of crap that I need to shovel and drive though. Not to mention how that nice flat lake allows the wind to bring us a wind chill temperature of < -10 degrees F for two days this week. Anyone that complains about anything warmer than 0 degrees F is a wuss. :D

I am so glad I do NOT live anywhere farther north! I am not a friend of cold...

...that's partially the reason I decided not to go to Montana State...brr!

T

TonyM.

It's 11:48am on Thursday here and 1degree F. It's cold. Just took my dogs out and the wind almost frostbit my ears.

oldnewbie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Although it got done to 45 last night, it's still cold down here.
I have to travel to Phili in a week or so, went shopping for gloves for the first time:( alos had a hard time finding long-johns in Florida

2fisted

All I can say is I HATE winter. I want to live somewhere where I can wear hawaiian shirts and shorts every single day for the rest of my life.:soapbox:

Tapps

Green Belt
Reaction score
It is actually the "Specter" of lake effect snow I am concerned about. Apperently Buffalo winter has frozen my C off.

I have no clue whaat you're talking about. I'm currently enjoying a balmy 85'F, while looking at crystal clear blue skys with just enough cloud to make it look really mice.

Kaith,

There are no rodents in the sky ! And if there were, they would not understand you because you are speaking Elvish !

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tapps,
Aaye! Lle quena i'lambe tel' Eldalie?

Aa' lasser en lle coia orn n' omenta gurtha.

T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by oldnewbie
Although it got done to 45 last night, it's still cold down here.
I have to travel to Phili in a week or so, went shopping for gloves for the first time:( alos had a hard time finding long-johns in Florida

At least you're not goin this weekend. There are gonna be riots whether the Eagles win or lose!

Aww, Philly isn't THAT cold :) But then again, I grew up about 45 min south of it in Maryland, so I'm used to that kind of weather.

*tries to find Elvish dictionary to understand Kaith*
umm...translation please?
hey! they should put Elvish and Klingon on Babelfish! :D

T

TheRustyOne

If I can keep my bottom half warm, I'll be okay, (...any electric socks for sale?? ..)

Go look for the air-activated hand warmers. They work super well, and stay warm for quite a while. I'm sure with a little tape you can keep you bottom warm ;)

T

TheRustyOne

Have to try something else, can't tape ANYthing there, I'd ripe all my hair out!! :eek:

LOL. Tape it between yer pants an' underwear. You'll feel it :p